+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know I've already said it, and so has everyone else, but this thread has made me so happy.
    I can honestly say, in all parenting and social groups I've been part of since having my kids, I have always felt beneath everyone else when it comes to keeping my house clean and tidy, cooking and how I feed myself and my children. I do do A LOT with the kids, but we also have a lot of down time, tv, ipad, movies etc, and our food is far from ideal majority of the time.
    This thread has really made a big difference to how I feel about myself, it truly has. Thank you.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

Bellefirexxx  (18-06-2014),Green Cheese  (18-06-2014),Mama Mirabelle  (18-06-2014),mrswhitehouse  (20-06-2014),mysticme  (20-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh I'm so glad others have admitted to their laziness in not changing bed sheets more often!

There was another thread on here where people kept saying they changed them weekly or more often and I couldn't believe people did them that often!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Razzy Bear For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (18-06-2014),Mama Mirabelle  (18-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    I have fine greasy hair that needs washed every second day but only wash it once a week, twice if I'm lucky.
    Dry Shampoo is your friend. All you have to do is not be too lazy to spray it in and brush your hair.... am I pushing it??

I thought I was lazy but some peeps in here have taken it to a whole different level which makes me feel so much better. I am lazy because:
    - Sometimes I leave the dishes for the next night
    - I leave the washing on the line for a couple of days
    - Then It might stay in the basket for a couple of days
    - I rarely mop the floor (probably only before 3monthly inspections)
    - I use our robovac all the time and only vacuum properly before inspections
    - If im really not feeling well or CBF a healthy meal for DS is 2minute noodles with steamed veges mixed through.
    - Packet baking mixes are my friends

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

Bellefirexxx  (18-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I'm Liddybugs and I'm not just a lazy mum, but a lazy person in general.
    Some lazy things I do.

- TMI. TMI. TMI. I will offer sexual favors to DH if he cleans the whole house, mopping and all, makes dinner or does the grocery shopping.
    I would also offer sexual favors to him when dd was a baby if he did night feeds.... It lasted a fortnight before I stopped following through with my promises, and then he just started doing night feeds and getting her at night. I'm blessed with that man.
    Yep... I'm that lazy.

- I have carpal tunnel, some days I will leave the house a mess, when DH comes home I'll just say "sorry about the house love, my hands were so sore today" and DH will go around and do all the cleaning.... When in reality my hands didn't cause me any grief that day and I've just needed a break.

- I never get out of my pjs unless I have to leave the house, we live on a main road in a small town, people know me and all that but I'm that lazy I just don't give a F and will stay in my pajamas to check the mail and take the bins out... I've gotten a few toots from drivers before, my pajamas are also over sized moo moo dresses or dh's old t-shirts. My mum is horrified when she drives past and see's me.

- I don't have any life hacks for cleaning ovens... They don't get cleaned.

- I go for a run each morning, I just put a jumper over my pj top...
    I also think it's the biggest hassle when I have to wear a bra so will often buy dresses or tops that can get me away without wearing one.

- I was bitten by a red back spider when hanging out the washing one day, I was so sick from it and I now refuse to do it.
    DH will do it or I will go to a laundry Matt to have them dried.
    I'm kinda glad that spider thing happened, gives me an awesome excuse without sounding to lazy.

- I never fill the car up with fuel and will drive around town on an empty tank, or run it dry.
    I just hate getting dd out of the car and the whole process... So I just leave the car go empty and hope DH notices it needs filling.
    The local RACQ man must hate me, he has rescued my unorganized and lazy *** about 4 times this year for petrol.

- sometimes at night whilst watching tv I need a glass of water or my laptop to do some work... I will just sit there and wait until DH gets up to go grab something for him and I'll do the whole "oh whilst your up can you get me x,y,z... I just remembered I needed to do something"
    I will happily sit there for half an hour just waiting until DH gets up.... Geez that sounds bad!

- I lie to dd... I tell her "if you keep doing that you won't get chocolate for a week!" Then an hour later after she never listened to me she is having some chocolate because I just CBF with the battles.
    Same with ABC and her iPad... Just anything.

-I'm a hairdresser, but my family hardly ever get haircuts... That carpal tunnel again

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Liddybugs For This Useful Post:

Bellefirexxx  (18-06-2014),Bennos Mummy  (18-06-2014),Summer  (10-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I remember another one. It annoys me when dd has spilt a heap of food on herself (like this morning with her porridge). Instead of soaking it I will take it in the shower with me and 'pre wash' it in there before I put it in the wash. In my defence it saves time and helps the environment as I am using water efficiently. My flatmate has also saved me walking down the back steps to put rubbish and recycling in the bins. He has made a little pulley system for each lid so I stand on my deck, pull the cords and ouila! Each lid opens and I drop the stuff in. Occasionally I miss and I do go down and put it in but only if its paper or rubbish- the plastics can wait till I push the bins into the street. Genius!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When DS was younger and made a huge mess eating, I would just push his high chair over and let the dog luck every last scrap off it. When he was done I would go over it with anti bacterial wipes

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyMumma For This Useful Post:

Vonnie89  (19-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    I'm a lazy mum because I let DS go out with his undies and jeans on back to front. He put them on himself and rectifying it would be a PITA
    i send DD to childcare with her pants on inside-out once because she dressed herself. I thought it was cute, so didn't bother changing it...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzy Bear View Post
    Oh I'm so glad others have admitted to their laziness in not changing bed sheets more often!

There was another thread on here where people kept saying they changed them weekly or more often and I couldn't believe people did them that often!!
    yeah, i read that thread too. now i must admit my mum does hers once a week so i should have somehow caught that OCD bug (lol) but when you're working 4 days a week and have a toddler in the house, plus are rarely home on weekends (ie. trips to the city, which is 2 hours away from where i live), then i think there is an excuse to leave the sheets longer than that! my sheets get washed when they start to feel dirty or i can smell them (oh dear, that really does sound bad!). DD's sheets get washed more often because she wets the bed, so that is determined by when the bed is wet...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's hard enough keeping on top of washing clothes and towels, the sheets are my last priority so they don't get done often. I don't have a dryer either and no room left on the line - that's my excuse!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzy Bear View Post

I saw one thread here where people were saying they wash their jeans after every wear!