+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think I should continue reading this thread.. I think it's going to encourage me to be even lazier than I already am (if that's possible!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dee1 View Post
    I don't think I should continue reading this thread.. I think it's going to encourage me to be even lazier than I already am (if that's possible!)
    Totally! I'm seeing it more as a Tips and Tricks thread than a Confessions one! Some great ideas here

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lemonpancakes For This Useful Post:

ourbradybunch  (18-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Nomsie View Post
    I think I beat you both.

Note the gritty George Forman grill- covered in the cheese and bacon rissoles from tea. Not touching it tonight. See that muffin pan in the sink? Cooked those around 1pm. Not touching it tonight. My kitchen bench is absolutely covered. I don't care. I'm about to play rollercoaster tycoon pmsl!
    I line my george forman with baking paper. So much easier to clean up. Thanks to my mil for that one.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mkj For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (18-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The girls and I just 'snuggled' in bed for over an hour, me snoozing and them watching ABC2 and playing on the iPad and iPhone!!! LAZY!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Guilty of a lot of these, especially baby wipes, both kids are long toilet trained but I still buy a big box every few weeks lol.
    Some may call some of this stuff lazy, I call them handy life hacks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bpac View Post
    Drench a teatowel in water and put it on the grill to soak overnight - easy to clean then!!
    You, my friend, have changed my life!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MsViking For This Useful Post:

bpac  (18-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by bpac View Post
    Drench a teatowel in water and put it on the grill to soak overnight - easy to clean then!!
    Yeah, but then you need to wash the tea towel! Too lazy for that here!

I did start to thank/like everyone's posts, but it got too hard, so thanking you all together now!

I'm so glad there are so many of us! Here was me thinking that maybe 10 BH mummies were lazy like me and perhaps only 3 or 4 would admit it, but I'm sooooo pleasantly surprised!!!!

I also never hang out clothes

The floor gets mopped once every 2-3 months

Our bed sheets stay on for at least a month

Dry clothes get tipped over DDs head in a 'clothesy shower' leaving her hysterically laughing and when she needs a pair of trousers or a jumper she knows to go to the 'clothsey mountain' to get them

DD puts my rubbish in the kitchen bin

I have fine greasy hair that needs washed every second day but only wash it once a week, twice if I'm lucky.

I leave all if my dishes for MIL to do when she looks after DD when I'm at work

I let my mum cook us all dinner when DD is at her place while I'm at work.

I use the dettol wipes in the kitchen for everything, no sponges or cloths in our house.

My nails look shocking and I haven't cut or filed them in well over a month

I've always felt like everyone who is a parent (on here and IRL) were so hard at it all the time, I felt terrible about DDS TV watching, her using an iPad, her eating the same things every day, often unhealthy stuff, hardly ever cooking, not ironing DHs work shirts (my MIL does that too!), not always having games and arts and crafts for DD to do, I feel like a lounge about, but you have all made me (and everyone else) we are all normal, we are not neglectful, we are not bad parents, we do what we have to do and by the sounds of things, the kids LOVE helping us out while we be lazy but they are none the wiser!

So feel free to nominate me for the best Thread Award at next years BH Awards Only kidding!

No really, you should! I would nominate myself but I'm faaaar too lazy for that

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

bpac  (18-06-2014),bugsy  (18-06-2014),CazHazKidz  (18-06-2014),Mama Mirabelle  (18-06-2014),Organic mummy14  (13-09-2014),Vonnie89  (18-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We really need to change the title of this thread to 'things that smart mums do'.

My eldest wore the same shirt every day this week. It was easier to wash and dry it every night than to try and find a different one! And it only got washed because he was at daycare and I didn't want to get judged, if we were home it would get worn dirty.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (18-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im so glad im
    not the only one who changes sheets rarely ( basically when they are so scrunched up at the end of the bed cos its easier to pull them off at that point ) ... Yep to floor mopping and our bathrooms get " properly cleaned" maybe twice a year ....

my ds used his ipad so much he was displaying addictive behaviours

i bribe my kids with chocolate all the time.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

Bellefirexxx  (18-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Allie Pallie "Confessions of a lazy mum" sounds like a great title for a BOOK! A book that'll make many mums giggle and feel normal.

Great thread, haven't read all the replies yet (I think I'm up to page 2/3), but those mums that only wash their kids' hair once a fortnight... that's not lazy... Our boy is nearly two and I've washed his hair about three times ever, and that was to wash the oil out of his hair after greasing it up to get rid of cradle cap as a baby.

I also:
    - never iron clothes, sheets, anything
    - mop the floor about once a month or less if I can get away with it. Would love to be disciplined enough to do it once a week.
    Last edited by debsch; 18-06-2014 at 09:40.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to debsch For This Useful Post:

Bellefirexxx  (18-06-2014)