Closed Thread
Page 89 of 91 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies.
    How we all feeling? Doing?

DH went to Richard yesterday. He came home with his week of herbs and set of instructions. He's willing to give it a go. That's a plus!

@straycat thank you for all that information. You are a world of knowledge. Greatly appreciated.
    I too had fluid in uterus. Due to only having one ovary and being over stim when at mivf. As @Sue77 mentioned fet embies better success rate.

Fingers crossed. All the best.

@lileitak that's great you have that money support. Wishing it works out and all is good.

@babee I totally understand you... Hence my reason for telling no one. For me it would be as you mentioned. Cycle after cycle people would wanted an update. For me having lost a child was devastating. Retelling it kills me I choke up.
    With my IVF journey I wanted to remain quiet private and alone.
    When my younger child died. People were already asking if I was trying to have another one. Even at the funeral. Relatives parents cousins. This totally made me furious.
    I immediately got criticized for even thinking of having another by my sister in laws.
    I am seeing Lynn 3rd Oct. Plan is to get hubby sorted and healthy.
    Redo cycle in 2015.

Has anyone conceived naturally via Chinese medicine? If yes... How long did it take? What did you do?

Richard suggested to give his method at least 3 months. With herbs and see what happens. I don't know.
    Herbs are expensive specially they only last one week.

Considering it all.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    At the moment for me it is just wait and see. So many variables, what if no eggs fertilise? what about quality? etc. etc. I would of course be willing to freeze and go again next time with FET but I just don't think I'll have enough embies to freeze in the first place?! I will just hold tight, I am not going to cancel a cycle without another ultrasound, fluid could be due to a number of reasons including ovulation. Fluid was not there early this week (if it was it was not detected in previous scans) and it was there just before EPU so it could resolve itself after EPU or after a few days on Crinone it's suppose to help. Feeling nervous and generally low about it.
    @ladysexbomb to answer your question about chinese medicine, I think it certainly helps and does not hurt to try for 3 months but personally I don't know anyone that can say definitively that is what helped. I have 2 friends with unexplained fertility and one did accupuncture for over a year and fell pregnant months after stopping so she is unsure if accupuncture even helped and her sister is now doing the same, after a year still nothing, these women are in their mid 30s, are healthy and have nothing physically wrong with their reproductive system and have no male infertility issues as this was ruled out after tests.

I can't believe how insensitive people can be, like you would replace a child like it was a puppy or something.

When I hear these things I try to understand their point of view in that they are only trying to help and do not mean to be malicious and they would be horrified if they knew what they said hurt so much. It doesn't stop the pain but at least I can move forward and not harbour hatred!

I know what you mean by having to update people all the time, gets really stressful to relive painful memories. Sometimes I do a family email, it is not very personal but it is the only way I can do it without being a blubbering mess. My mum is a huge gossip and can not keep her mouth shut so if I tell her its as good as publishing it in the daily news so she fields a lot of questions. I sometimes think if there is nothing going on she makes crap up out of boredom.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ladysexbomb View Post
    Morning ladies.
    How we all feeling? Doing?

DH went to Richard yesterday. He came home with his week of herbs and set of instructions. He's willing to give it a go. That's a plus!

@straycat thank you for all that information. You are a world of knowledge. Greatly appreciated.
    I too had fluid in uterus. Due to only having one ovary and being over stim when at mivf. As @Sue77 mentioned fet embies better success rate.

Fingers crossed. All the best.

@lileitak that's great you have that money support. Wishing it works out and all is good.

@babee I totally understand you... Hence my reason for telling no one. For me it would be as you mentioned. Cycle after cycle people would wanted an update. For me having lost a child was devastating. Retelling it kills me I choke up.
    With my IVF journey I wanted to remain quiet private and alone.
    When my younger child died. People were already asking if I was trying to have another one. Even at the funeral. Relatives parents cousins. This totally made me furious.
    I immediately got criticized for even thinking of having another by my sister in laws.
    I am seeing Lynn 3rd Oct. Plan is to get hubby sorted and healthy.
    Redo cycle in 2015.

Has anyone conceived naturally via Chinese medicine? If yes... How long did it take? What did you do?

Richard suggested to give his method at least 3 months. With herbs and see what happens. I don't know.
    Herbs are expensive specially they only last one week.

Considering it all.....
    I fell naturally pregnant after IVF DS, I took herbs on and off first for 3 months before DS pregnancy, then when he was a newborn for milk production. 12 months later I fell naturally pregnant and I truly believe it was due to the herbs. The treatment results don't stop when you stop the herbs. Your body benefits from them long term. I could tell I was in much better shape after taking them. My pulse was stronger, i had fertile mucous for the first time in my life etc. It is expensive and hard to pay out for something that you can't ever know if it's working (not unlike IVF in some ways!) but if any Chinese medicine is going to help it will be Richards.i wouldn't see anyone else at the clinic. Is your DH claiming back through private HC? You can also consider the receipts for tax time. I think it's money well spent and will lead to cheaper treatment in the long run, but agree, it's not cheap. Your DH might feel crappy for the first 6 weeks btw, I had excessive tiredness then all of a sudden I felt so much energy. Best of luck, great that he is getting treatment, according to Richard sperm is 40% of the problem, not surprising, it leads to better embryo quality and reduced chance of mc too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @straycat heard any news re fert rates hun? xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Urgh I think I've totally stuffed up this cycle - I had my scan this morning and lining only 5.1 and should be 6

The nurse called to up my dosage of progynova to 5 a day. I've been taking 6 thinking I should have 2 for breakfast 2 for lunch and 2 for dinner (even this hasn't helped my lining)
    Now I'm waiting for Lynn's guidance as the nurse didn't know what to do

I'm such a doofus

TTC for 2.5yrs (BFN #1 Feb '13, BFP #2 june '13, angel baby 2/7/2013 👼 BFN#3 Feb '14, BFN #4 April '14) changed clinics 8 frosties

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was on the phone to my mum crying for the last 4 hours, out of 4 eggs only 1 fertilised so unsure if this ICSI/HA thing is all it is cracked up to be as last time we had 50% fertilisation doing 'natural' fertilisation. I will have a scan to check for fluid tomorrow and ET on Sunday if all goes well but I don't really like my chances to be honest. It's often a numbers game and I just don't have them.

If fluid is still there then transfer will be cancelled and if lil one survives will be frozen for another time. as hard as it is I have done all I can and now it is up to fate.

Maybe 3rd time lucky. I just want to get to transfer dammit!!!

With the whole natural medicine question, do you think they jack up the price as we are doing IVF? I am just wondering if you know what you need to take can't you go get the herbs at another supplier? I don't mean to be rude but I was just thinking. I went to accupuncturist for 12 weeks and he didn't prescribe any herbs but diet recommendations and did say my heart rate was better.
    @Cevapa with all the drugs we take I am not surprised you get mixed up. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @straycat ✨hugs✨ sometimes it feels like we're hitting a brick wall but we need to persevere.

I get sucked into all the herbal meds even though I know I will stop taking them after 3 or 4 days. I even told richard I know I won't be committed to it yet I got sucked in. I had better results with an acupuncturist near my house (to get my my monthly cycle going) prior to all this ivf who did a mixture of acupuncture and cupping. I was thinner back then so who knows. We just seem to do what we do with hope of getting our BFP

As for me lynn called and I'm ok with the 6 pills - another scan Friday

TTC for 2.5yrs (BFN #1 Feb '13, BFP #2 june '13, angel baby 2/7/2013 👼 BFN#3 Feb '14, BFN #4 April '14) changed clinics 8 frosties

Thanks
    Reviews
    @straycat oh hunny am sorry to hear 😞 Really hoping that your lil embie keeps fighting strong, and your fluid issues settle down. Big hugs xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

straycat  (26-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for your kind words ladies xxx

I am emotionally drained, husband is away and house is quiet so I can be alone with my thoughts. May try to get an early night if I can get mind to settle.

@cevepa I tried cupping once when I was in China on holiday, initially wanted to do accupuncture and I read somewhere some places recycle their needles there to save money so was put off by that and thought I'd try cupping. It hurt like hell and for about a week after these circles on my back felt like a really bad sunburn. So painful I could hardly lie down in bed. Argh! never again. Will stick to massage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Straycat... I'm sure you know but if you don't my first donor cycle with my sister we got 10 eggs. Only 1 fertilised. Cue devastation where you are right now. But that 1 emby is now 3 years old watching the football with daddy as I type this. It's a **** **** **** hard journey but you have to keep going xxx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

straycat  (27-09-2014)