Closed Thread
Page 87 of 91 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @straycat - as you know I've not officially started, but I feel your pain.

We decided to tell our parents, and I've told a few close friends but that is it. Now my FIL is researching IVF / PCD, and sending us research papers. (In his defence, he was a scientist.) I feel like I've only made the pressure worse.

I just want this first cycle to start so we can get on with it!

<end rant>

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lileitak I have told my immediate family but not my in laws and not too many of my friends. Just a handful. It is added pressure as my mum is so anxious she keep calling for news. When I don't call (usually as I am busy with work) my parents think I have bad news and need some space but they stress themselves out during this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @babee thanks hun, and yep praying for a wonderful end result despite the crappy transfer!
    How are you feeling hun? Have you booked in your scan? xx

@straycat feeling a lot better thanks hun, but still not great. I took 3 days off last week & Mon did halfday. Yest & today full days tho; can't afford to keep taking time off 😕 And work wouldn't be too happy either.

Hope your follies have done some growing hun, I'm sure they have 😊 My FN told me Monash will go ahead with EPU if minimum of 3 follies at 17mm+ at final scan.

Will you be taking Fri off to recover too, or back to work? xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

straycat  (24-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KayzB thanks for asking about me. Just one more day and you will have the weekend to recover and relax. I usually work from home so I guess I will log in on Friday if I am up to it but it was more having EPU on Thur that was a huge incovenience at work, I was heading up a project and I am not going to be there for the main presentation tomorrow! Had to hand over to a team member and hope it doesn't fall apart. If Im not feeling up to it I will just chill out and have a long weekend. Husband is off on a boys weekend for AFL grand final and will have a quiet house to myself

Thanks
    Reviews
    @straycat good luck for today hun! Hope scan shows all systems go for EPU today. Best of luck 😘 xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

straycat  (25-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck @straycat! x

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

straycat  (25-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @straycat I can relate to your friend going quiet. MIF is such a delicate and sensitive topic. Dh and I we went extremely quiet amongst our friends. I found people criticised us wanting to conceive another.
    Elaborating..."how wonderfully free we both are to have a teen and nothing to tie us down".

"Come, travel as you please, no pram baby junk to lug around".
    Conversations like this forced us to go quiet.
    Then it was the age factor. Like you I had a friend undergoing IVF. She became very secretive. I would often ask how she was. If she was ok. I never asked questions about her cycle or fs.
    Then 2 years later she replied to one of my SMS with "We are pregnant", which had been sent to a group of us.

Anyway best of luck for today!
    dh got email from Lynn and she wants to see him. Throw a few options towards him.
    DNA analysis fragmentation test?
    Testicular biopsy?

He's off to Richard today.

@lileitak thanks for book suggestions. I never told anyone not even family. Why?
    I found it easier to deal with the highs and lows solo. My in laws are just too nosey. My sister in laws are too judgemental.
    The only disadvantage in this approach is when it doesn't work. There's no shoulder to cry on. Which for me is fine. I got dh and daughter. They are my tower of strength.

Hoping all you ladies are doing well and are fine.
    @KayzB @Beta @emski72 @BaoLovesLudo @Flemo @Grace1 @babee @lilypily @Sue77

If I've missed anyone sorry. Hope you ladies are well.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ladysexbomb For This Useful Post:

straycat  (25-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ladysexbomb - that's great that Lynn reached out to him. I'll have a quick look tonight to see how long the sperm info is in the books. If it's only a few pages, I might be able to scan it for you.

There are 3 reasons why we ended up telling my in-laws. The first being DH is very close to his parents, and they are lovely people. (I won the in-law lotto). I didn't think it was fair for my mum to know, and not his. Second was they live VERY close to our preferred clinic, and DH won't always be available to drive me home, so having that option is really great. The last was financial... Telling them gave us access to some inheritance money they'd set aside. So we can avoid CC debt.

I suppose you do what works for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @straycat thinking of you! @KayzB - feelingfine - scan booked for the 13th of October - ah more waiting ..

re the issue of telling people about IVF it obviously is a very individual decision. We told family and close friends. I was sick of people asking when we were going to have kids and found it kept them quiet once they knew. Having said that as we had cycle after cycle i found it depressing updating certain people and made DH update everyone. After a while even my mum was calling DH for updates and not me which helped a lot, you can get sick of talking about it , especially when its not exactly going to plan..

14. The Following User Says Thank You to babee For This Useful Post:

straycat  (25-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck straycat ... Praying you get a good amount of eggs....

Babee good luck for the 13 th .. Wishing u a very uneventful pregnancy . afm as u asked , I am on the pill right now. Booked in for a hysteroscopy and d&c on the 7th of October and the the FET may be in end of October... Will not be really hopeful this time as we were this time given that we had a perfect embi and had never faced any implantation issues earlier.... If it doesn't work, realy not looking forward for another stimulated cycle and as then it's a whole procedure , the cycle , pgd , the waiting game...blah blah blah....you know it as u have also done it so many times..... And I have realised that even if u get normal embies, it's a hit and miss ....anyways just can't leave it in between as well as Lynn is quite hopeful. So just trying not to overthink and maintain my sanity...

Neetu76 how are u feeling hun

KayzB how are u holding up the tww.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

babee  (25-09-2014),KayzB  (25-09-2014),straycat  (25-09-2014)