Closed Thread
Page 83 of 91 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hey @KayzB I have egg envy!! how do you get so many eggs?!? I don't think I will ever hit double digits or have any to freeze but will take what I can get. Do you get OHSS? Good luck for transfer on Monday. 5 days embies? transferring 1?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @straycat Don't worry hun, I'd take quality over quantity anyday 😊 I had OHSS last stim so my FN has been checking in with me regularly.
    Yep will be day 5 transfer; praying for some blasts & snowbabies. But won't know any more updates now till I rock up on Mon. What will be, will be I guess!
    Hope your follies do lots of growing over the weekend! 😊 xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KayzB get lots of rest and hope your pain subsides this weekend.
    Good luck for Monday xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to straycat For This Useful Post:

KayzB  (20-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats @Gabriel79!! What great news.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi straycat it's ok to bleed syndral does this. I also bled in one of my cycles when on syndral and that was cycle made most embryos. I know very sad to see girl cry. I too cried so much when came to Lynn after 26 attempts( including frozen) just relax on your cycle. Have long hot shower drink warm food and stay warm .do you need acupuncturist . Bump are very good with clinc in many locations. Good luck tog you dear friend.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Neetu76 For This Useful Post:

straycat  (21-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @Neetu76 thanks for answering my question. I have tried another accupuncturist, it is near MIVF in East Melbourne, they too used heat lamps etc. I like the sound of massages more, I am getting tired of needles

Sometimes I wonder what Lynn and some of the nurses must hear, none of our back stories are ever uplifting once we have decided to do IVF. In my previous work I volunteered at a crisis line, I would hear all sorts of heart breaking stories and some people were suicidal and would pour their hearts out. Even to this day years later I still think about them. We had to disconnect for 'self care' but it is hard to.

On a lighter note I feel some BFPs coming on this thread! we can finish the rest of this year on a strong note xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies...

House guest finally left.... Thank god!.

Congratulations @Gabriel79

@sophdask @Grace1 @straycat @Beta @Sue77 thank you ladies.
    Your words of encouragement and experiences makes the journey some what more reassuring.

Regarding my DH, he is willing to give Richard a go!.

@straycat yes our cycle was ICSI & HA as where all the past cycles. Hubby and I spoke about testicle biopsy. Wondering if Lynn would send him off to get checked....?

@Grace1 did Lynn assist your DH with anything else apart from taking vitamins?

All my cycles have been massive huge BFN, all transfers BFN. Abnormal chromosomes they say. (yet no one advises on how to improve correct SO DAMN ANNOYING!)

What was probably more disappointing, was everything Lynn said she would do, actually didn't happen.

1. Day 5 transfer DID NOT HAPPEN I had to wait two month after due to having high progesterone therefore the embryos got frozen day 3.

2. PGD never happened. Not even considered or discussed with me the option of doing another cycle to build a collection to get the testing done.

3. Lynn was going to have a test run for transfer. (why isn't told to us ladies on our first appointment at that MONASH IVF, that on egg collection and transfers you get whom ever is rostered to work at the hospital. You don't actually get your own FS.

4. Got tested for Natural Killer Cells.... never got result, the scratch hurt like hell.

Am I the only one this has happened to? I'm interested to hear any feedback.

Like i said before, I am going back to Lynn. More determined with more ammunition.
    It ain't over til this lady has a bun in the oven!!

hey @Neetu76 hope all is well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Straycat I go to bump accupuncture. Found them pretty good..

Neetu 76 good luck for your cycle. Praying for u.

ladysexbombyes at monash we were also told that any doc on duty would do the epu n transfer. .. And what do you mean test run for transfer ? And when you say PGD never happened.. Do u mean the embies didn't make to biopsy or something else? How many cycles have u had with Lynn?

Babee how r u Hun?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

ladysexbomb  (22-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ladysexbomb same here hun, at my old clinic FS always did EPU's & transfers, so I assumed Monash was the same. I only found out it wasn't through the forums; wasn't told by Lynn.

Am also having similar thoughts to you re Lynn focusing more on me, rather than DH's MFI. After seeing our crappy fert rates with old clinic, she kept saying how that was really bad, that something needs to be done etc. But when it came time, she didn't do/suggest anything different for DH. And so the stim we just did - most eggs were mature, but we ended up losing half due to them not fertilising. Despite ICSI HA. So yeah not happy about that..

Glad you've armed yourself with lots of questions to ask hun; hopefully you'll get some answers! 😊 xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning to all...
    @Grace1 @Sue77 @KayzB

One cycle with Lynn so far!....

The PGD didn't happen, because on my first appointment with Lynn she had my previous history from MIVF.
    Even though I requested one!! knowing DH has MS, former cycles were all negative resulting abnormal chromosomes (so our former FS told us), Lynn felt that a PGD wasn't necessary.
    That even if I had the perfect embryo sometimes causes more stress than providing an actual solution.

Lynn suggested a better alternative would be me taking Melatonin 4mg a day with 1200mg of Vitamin E for 3 months. This was going to super enhance my egg quality.
    Since I was already taking ubiquinol (coq10) 300mg she felt that was all I needed.

Reduced meds, better quality, less quantity, scratch she's had high success rate.

The plan was to get 4/5 embryos to day 5. Out of this cycle I collected 12 eggs.
    3 fertilised resulting in 2 x A grade 10 cell embryos. Lynn made the decision to have these two frozen at day 3.
    Since I had high progesterone (due to the meds) I could not do a fresh transfer.

Here's an interesting fact.... the embryologist phoned me to inform me that one embryo wasn't dividing and I felt that was nice. I questioned why only 3 embryos out of 12 eggs, she replied the eggs were mature text book like. Sperm even with HA solution only 6 tried to do what they are suppose to do.
    Interesting....

So.....
    I had a horror ordeal at MIVF on last cycle. FS had difficulty locating my uterus. Sitting in a chair for 10 mins while someone is yelling at you that you've had an operation on your uterus, it doesn't look right. Instruments are not going in... Was painful and tortuous.
    Hence why Lynn wanted to have a few practise attempts at a transfer to understand what the fuss was all about.
    She sent me off for ultrasound, I have an inverted uterus. BUT SHE NEVER TOLD ME THAT you get anyone on duty for transfer etc. I didn't ask either, I naturally assumed it would've been her.

So now I'm on a mission to get DH sorted. I don't know much about MIF. But I'm going to find out.

Question is the vitamin over the counter version of melatonin just as affective as scripted melatonin?

Seriously what else can I try or do for the DH?