Closed Thread
Page 81 of 91 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Yeah Lynn and your normal nurse are consulted. But as was said seeing a different nurse for the initial follow up is normal.
    Good luck, I think you'll have some follies catch up, I got some decent egg numbers after my no eggs at pick up cycle... like one time 17!
    Em x

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

straycat  (19-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reply @KayzB I'm just super sensitive as these are the same numbers, even the amount of follies in each ovary (what are the chances of that happening?!) as my first doomed cycle.

Am on 3 times the drugs this time, I know this does not mean 3 times the follicles or anything like that but I was hoping for a little more than last time. I think I am a slow responder so will get lots of rest and hope they grow over the weekend.

The waiting is the worst, waiting waiting waiting.

Did any of you ladies bleed while on a stim cycle after AF stops? I was doing well all week and this morning I had some fresh blood which was alarming. At the ultrasound they said something about it as well but said it was nothing to worry about, pretty common. I spoke to the nurse about it and she said not to worry as Syneral does this but a note was taken and FN or FS will call me if they need to. No news is good news.

I saw a lady in reception on level 7 crying today and really felt for her, I think there were some new couples signing up from all the forms they were filling in and the new women were looking at her like .. will that be me?

I too have tried accupuncture, I had to stop as on top of taking time off for IVF it was taking up too much of my time travelling far to see him, the 45 min treatment, it was easily half my day gone, he's suppose to be a fertility TCM guru, I won't name names here as I can't really recommend him - he had an unpleasant bedside manner, very arrogant and between battling traffic and not enjoying my visits at all I decided to stop as it was making me more stressed to see him. Each time he would find something to yell at me about, whether it was being 3 mins late or my food intake (I had a list of food I had to avoid) he would get very angry. My blood pressure is rising just thinking about it.
    Angry accupuncturist!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @straycat nope hun never had bleeding. But then again, I've never been on Synarel 😊

It's so sad isn't it; I've seen people crying in the waiting room & also after coming out of scans; it really is so heartbreaking xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I swapped acupuncture for massage and felt much better for it! Do what makes you happy Straycat. I found acupuncture stressful too.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used Royal Jelly too! And dhea but I think Lynn has moved away from that now? My hubby used a few other recommended vitamins - Fish oil EPA DHA 1200 mg x 2
    Vit D
    Zinc 50mg
    Magnesium
    Folic acid
    Gamma tocopherol vit E d gamma 750, d delta 290

I think it's vital the sperm are also in tip top shape. My DH used to ride a bike, sit with a laptop on his lap and drunk too much, no wonder his sperm were dodgy. (Lynn classed us as having MFI as well as my issues). He wasn't doing any of that leading up to our natural conception.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Beta For This Useful Post:

ladysexbomb  (20-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Sorry I haven't been online. My 2ww was hectic. Two relatives passed away. So been playing house host to interstate relatives which drove me nuts. No one knows of my IVF journey. Taking progesterone without my house guests knowing wasn't fun.
    My 2ww
    I had food aversions. I normally live by a I quit sugar lifestyle. Pretty much a paleo diet.
    I don't eat anything with sugar. Not even fruit. So on my 2ww I was seeking a chocolate Tim Tam. Freshly hand squeezed orange juice. Peanut butter tasted nice in the morning. Made me gag in the evening.
    Couldn't tolerate chicken or even tolerate hubby's breathe. Walking down a food court made made me gag.
    I didn't want to hardly eat.
    Drank water like I had been in the desert.
    (I was thinking this is the progesterone was taking 400 pess at night and crinone in the morning).
    No implantation bleeding. Which I starting to understand it's really the deal breaker in IVF. That's like a verification you are bounded to a BFP.
    Hot sweats then cold shivers that happened all the time. (Why?)

Anyway sorry to bear bad news. Blood test yesterday revealed a massive BFN. So massive it wasn't even 1.

I'm utterly gutted. Hubby has MS and his motility is terrible. 98% abnormal. MIVF told me to give up. Or adopt. As hubby is ultra reluctant to seek a sperm donor. (We conceived naturally two kids but we were 13 years younger prior to being diagnosed with MS).
    That's when MIVF told me to be happy with my two kids and call it quits.
    That's when I told my fs at MIVF he is a dip **** and moron. Took myself over to Lynn.

I'm desperately seeking to have another child because our youngest daughter died at the age of 10 in a tragic accident.
    I feel lost empty and in need to nurture and have a child. Not to replace her.
    Lynn knew this situation. I honestly feel like I have slipped through the radar. I had to demand a sperm test. And never got results or even an email nothing.
    So I naturally assumed hubby was just over the line. Obviously NOT!

I am disappointed that her focus is and was only on me.
    ( I have high egg bank for my age younger than my actual age too).
    I'm 39. Egg age 32.
    Which is great. But it does take two to have a baby!!

Having one ovary. Producing 12 eggs. Only 3 fertilise. Two survive to day 3. I certainly will be making a WTF appointment.

Question.....
    Abnormal sperm can it be improved? Will seeing Richard Zeng and taking Chinese herbs maybe help?

Has anyone experienced this?

What can I pump into hubby to improve his motility and perhaps get a few normal fishes swimming?

He is currently taking
    vitamin D 4000 iu
    100mg zinc
    100mg selenium
    600mg Coq10
    Magnesium 400mg
    Plus his MS medication
    Plus his nerve medication which I found out is actually an anti depressant. (I am soooo totally ****ed off).
    I honestly feel like Lynn has blown air up my skirt. She has too many clients and isn't monitoring closely and communicating effectively. I'm paying a lot of money. Must I also need to do all the chasing up and double checking too??

Congrats to all BFP. I'm not envious. I'm happy that you've succeeded. I know I will. As long as I have hope. I'm in with a chance.

Oh and btw. The name ladysexbomb I borrowed from Tom Jones. Love that song.

So ladies what do you think should I sent hubby down to Richard before I go into another cycle?
    Last edited by ladysexbomb; 20-09-2014 at 02:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies it might take me a while to catch up on everyone's news so please forgive me I'll get around to responding soon. Just wanted to let u know that our precious little boy, weighing 3.2kgs was born Wednesday morning by elective Caesar (I started to worry and just wanted him in my arms!! Oby was very supportive apparently it's extremely common for ivf mums). We r completely over the moon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladysexbomb, I'm sorry about your bfn. I truly believe sperm quality can be improved but it takes minimum 3 months. 98% abnormal, although sounds scary is not that bad from memory - sounds about the same as dp. Are u doing ICSI? This means only the best sperm is hand selected. We originally did ivf for male factor reasons and in the first two cycles all eggs were fertilised via ICSI however in my last cycle after dp had been on numerous vitamins and had cut out all soy products (he's lactose intolerant and apparently soy is terrible for male fertility),started reducing stress (owns his own business) and made sure he ate regular balanced meals some of the eggs started to fertilise naturally which I don't think is a coincidence. We took the issue of sperm quality into our own hands to be honest so sought out good advice via a naturopath etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel79 View Post
    Hi ladies it might take me a while to catch up on everyone's news so please forgive me I'll get around to responding soon. Just wanted to let u know that our precious little boy, weighing 3.2kgs was born Wednesday morning by elective Caesar (I started to worry and just wanted him in my arms!! Oby was very supportive apparently it's extremely common for ivf mums). We r completely over the moon.
    Woohoo !!!! Congratulations !!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gabriel79 can I ask which obgyn you used? - I'm struggling to decide out of the ones Lynn recommended.