Closed Thread
Page 80 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    Depends what kind of Dr you want (I.e low intervention or someone who is happy to induct etc) as well as cost, there is a huge variable.. I selected my Dr (Guy Skinner) because he was tried and tested by my very fussy sister, he has had no coronial warnings/ episodes, (I'm a nurse so this is vital for me), he is pro natural birth and renowned for being very safe. I've had him for DS and this pregnancy and although mine have been straight forward (so far!) I know of people who have had major complications and he has has handled things very well. He is low intervention tho, so will on.y induct/ do cs if medically indicated. (He's happy with epidurals tho!) also his off sider who takes over if he is on leave has a very good reputation and I'd encourage you to suss that out with whoever you choose. He only works privately in 2 hospitals so I picked the one with the highest level of care (ICU) which was unavailable in the other hospital. All depends what is important to you I guess!
    Thankyou for your reply.. How do I find out about coronial warnings/episodes?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Neetu 76 .. Your friend's story is very inspiring.

Thanks Cevapa, ya I know your periods just go all over the place once u start all this. That is why Lynn has put me on the pill after I have my period after my bfn so that I don't have to wait over to get my period and she even does a hrt cycle with fet so that ovulation doesn't need to be tracked forever and ever...

A question... Could a hrt medicated fet cycle have effect on the healthy embryo not implanting as my both my earlier pregnancies were with natural cycles... as I had a hrt fet for the first time.. And had a bfn.....I know that Lynn wouldn't do it if it had less success , it's just a thought...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Monash actually have a higher success rate with natural FET but unfortunately as my body is out of whack I have to do hrt. My only take home baby was a hrt so I'm ok with it as I really have no other choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grace1, google the name of the doctor together with 'coronors' 'coronial' a bit grim but should give you something if they have been involved. Google them in general, news articles should pop up too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    I think our cycle with Lynn was successful because she did baseline tests the other FS didn't and treated what she found: HA ICSI instead of plain ICSI, treated a common minor infection in both of us with a 2 week course of antibiotics, treated my autoimmune issues (which she found) with pred and clexane, and upped the stim drugs to the max based on my low AMH which the previous clinic did not even test. Aside from that I took a 3 month break between stims and got my body and eggs in better shape- no sugar (total addict), organic food, Chinese herbs and acupuncture. It was during this 3 months that I noticed positive changes to my body and menstrual cycle. I got my BFP the month after with Lynn. I had no bloating from the stim drugs and felt great unlike the previous cycles with mivf when I got one measly egg the first pu and 4 the next, all of which were bad quality. With Lynn I got 5 blastys (3 still on ice, one is DS the other wasn't suited for freezing) which is pretty remarkable with an AMH of 2.1. So in my experience it's a good FS coupled with getting healthy eggs (although I know alternative medicine isn't for everyone I did a lot of reading about it and truly believe it worked for me and also believe it's the reason I'm currently naturally pregnant).
    completely agree Beta!! I think chinese med is a saving grace and helps so so much with egg quality. The practitioner said to me it doesnt matter how old someone is, egg quality can always improve. I'm pretty much doing all that. Helping my body be fit and healthy before iVF. Im also taking royal jelly which is supposed to be amazing for eggs - the queen bee thrives on it ffs how can it not! I'm really happy that Lynn is my first FS for IVF. I'm so sorry to hear about the horrible mivf stories

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @ beta sorry to thread crash - can I ask who your Chinese medicine practitioner was? I too have had terrible issues with my egg quality (starting stim #6 with Lynn in a week, have only ever had one embryo make it to blast!)... So looking for some recommendations... Anyone else who has a great Melb CM person would love to hear also. Thanks x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSG View Post
    Hi @ beta sorry to thread crash - can I ask who your Chinese medicine practitioner was? I too have had terrible issues with my egg quality (starting stim #6 with Lynn in a week, have only ever had one embryo make it to blast!)... So looking for some recommendations... Anyone else who has a great Melb CM person would love to hear also. Thanks x
    Hi MrsSG, mine is amazing as he practices classical chinese medicine (the ancient form before it became westernised) and has seen some pretty incredible changes in people - including myself. His name is Graham and he practices at China Medical in Osborne St South Yarra. 98665686.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Emee For This Useful Post:

MrsSG  (19-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSG View Post
    Many people in this thread have used the Dr I've seen for a few years now- Richard Zeng Almond Wellness Centre. He has clinics in Coburg and Ringwood.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beta For This Useful Post:

MrsSG  (19-09-2014),Neetu76  (19-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

I went for my first follie scan for this cycle and its a little hmm... touch and go I think. I have 11 follies and 3 seem to be decent sized 11-12mm. The others may catch up as they are around 9mm. Some are far too small. I feel fearful and have a sense of deja vu. So worried my cycle will be cancelled or worse, go to EPU and have nothing to transfer like last time

Another scan on Monday so praying these follies grow over the weekend.

Just a question for more experienced Monash ladies. At MIVF after each progress scan I spoke to my FS and we would devise a plan for the next day or so. Here I had a blood test and scan and armed with ultrasound results, up to level 7 and straight to the nurse - who was not my regular nurse by the way. Then she told me what will happen over the next few days in terms of medications and injections. I don't know if Lynn was consulted or they make decisions based on some guidelines or parameters that are set out? I saw her pretty quickly so I don't think Lynn or my regular nurse was consulted.
    Does this seem right to you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @straycat at my 1st scan all mine were under 9/10mm, but grew over the next few days. So I think yours are tracking well & will continue to grow 😊

And yep that's standard process with Monash hun. I'm pretty sure Lynn gets a copy of your results following your appointment. After my appt with a diff nurse, my usual FN rang me to say that Lynn wanted me to decrese my dose. So they would have consulted with her 😊
    If you're still a bit wary tho maybe ring your usual FN for piece of mind? xx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

straycat  (19-09-2014)