Closed Thread
Page 79 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Emee, I think @Sue77 is right. I was just glad Lynn was the first FS that I've seen - (I had no idea what a fabulous reputation she had at the time). I didn't change my lifestyle or diet at all so I think I was just extremely lucky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome @Neetu76
    @Grace1 - send some of your luck my way

But seriously, you ladies are brave bunch. Other than bits and bobs, I didn't realise how many cycles you've all had and how much s&*t you'd been through. Who can blame you for being anxious.

I have pretty bad anxiety which I manage to keep at bay (sans meds for now), but have started to wonder if that will be possible once we start. I keep getting thick envelopes from Monash in the mail so it's getting "real".

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Neetu76 welcome to the thread I hope you get your BFP soon. I am feeling quite detached from this cycle, I'm not really expecting these frosties to take but rather am waiting for our PGD results. My stomach looks like I'm 4 months pregnant and the Clexane bruises this time are the worst I have ever had! I tried to upload a photo to show you guys because they are seriously out of control but it didn't work. I'm in Alice springs at the moment for work and am so tired.. This will be my 2nd straight week including weekends without a break.. Not the best time to b PUPO! Blah

Thanks
    Reviews
    something that helps with anxiety is keeping your blood sugar regular. Eating enough calories during the day and regularly - I eat every 3 or so hours. This is what helped me. Also salt helps keep cortisol at bay. Try also some epsom salt baths for magensium to calm nerves - like, every night would be good. Taking magnesium during the day and at night should help too. Meditation has been a life saver for me too - although im not yet doing IVF I'm sure it would help others. There are guided meditation cds for IVF and they are wonderful (so I've heard). They have them for sale at Quiescence in Nth Fitzroy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think our cycle with Lynn was successful because she did baseline tests the other FS didn't and treated what she found: HA ICSI instead of plain ICSI, treated a common minor infection in both of us with a 2 week course of antibiotics, treated my autoimmune issues (which she found) with pred and clexane, and upped the stim drugs to the max based on my low AMH which the previous clinic did not even test. Aside from that I took a 3 month break between stims and got my body and eggs in better shape- no sugar (total addict), organic food, Chinese herbs and acupuncture. It was during this 3 months that I noticed positive changes to my body and menstrual cycle. I got my BFP the month after with Lynn. I had no bloating from the stim drugs and felt great unlike the previous cycles with mivf when I got one measly egg the first pu and 4 the next, all of which were bad quality. With Lynn I got 5 blastys (3 still on ice, one is DS the other wasn't suited for freezing) which is pretty remarkable with an AMH of 2.1. So in my experience it's a good FS coupled with getting healthy eggs (although I know alternative medicine isn't for everyone I did a lot of reading about it and truly believe it worked for me and also believe it's the reason I'm currently naturally pregnant).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Beta For This Useful Post:

Emee  (19-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also I think Lynn's medication protocol post a BFP is as important as getting the positive in the first place, I think if I hadn't have had her treatment with this pregnancy I would have miscarried (without the progesterone and clexane). Taking home a baby is as important to Lynn as getting a +ve and I think her stats would reflect this in comparison to FS at mivf.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Beta, @Flemo and anyone else with some experience . Lynn's receptionist recommended 3 obstetricians (dr olive, dr moore and dr robinson)., and I don't know who to choose! (Or which hospital lol), Can anyone give me any advice please??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends what kind of Dr you want (I.e low intervention or someone who is happy to induct etc) as well as cost, there is a huge variable.. I selected my Dr (Guy Skinner) because he was tried and tested by my very fussy sister, he has had no coronial warnings/ episodes, (I'm a nurse so this is vital for me), he is pro natural birth and renowned for being very safe. I've had him for DS and this pregnancy and although mine have been straight forward (so far!) I know of people who have had major complications and he has has handled things very well. He is low intervention tho, so will on.y induct/ do cs if medically indicated. (He's happy with epidurals tho!) also his off sider who takes over if he is on leave has a very good reputation and I'd encourage you to suss that out with whoever you choose. He only works privately in 2 hospitals so I picked the one with the highest level of care (ICU) which was unavailable in the other hospital. All depends what is important to you I guess!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi grace I was with dr Emily olive at st Vincent private with my last preg which unfortunately terminated at 12 weeks but she is just awesome and very considerate compassionate and very sweet. She is handson and would go back to her if time comes up.

hi sue77 thanks for sharing your details. Please be happy that you make heathy embryos. My friend also conceived with her now heathy baby boy and girl with pgd embryo.she is my hope . It did take her some time with Lynn as she was also used and abused by mivf. So three attempts with Lynn didn't mean anything to her as Lynn try everything new every time and now she got one pair of twins who birthday next month and in a few month she going to transfer her third and last one in. She is my living successes story and my hope .she also not young turning 40 next year. So my husband say Lynn will help us all too.

beta you right .i big fan of alternative therapy and get acupuncture twice a week.if nothing else it relax me.

Thank you you all again for making me feel like I can do this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Neetu76 welcome. You are so brave. Gone through so much and still fighting on
    @Sue77 it sux when life throws these hurdles at us - glad lynn has a plan. We're all on your side.

Ever since I've started ivf my periods have also been crap and out of whack. I can't even determine day 1 or full flow as there is no full flow. I'm seeing how we go this cycle and if it's a BFN I will definitely need to chat to lynn about it.

TTC for 2.5yrs (BFN #1 Feb '13, BFP #2 june '13, angel baby 2/7/2013 👼 BFN#3 Feb '14, BFN #4 April '14) changed clinics 8 frosties