Closed Thread
Page 77 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    [QUOTE=straycat;7935085]@Sue77 I hope you get some much needed answers today.

I was reading some statistics and on average people do IVF around 6-7 cycles before a BFP. I wanted to know what has been your experience so far with Monash especially from the ladies that are now expecting? I know we have all different factors which greatly affects the outcome but I just wanted to know your thoughts? I know 2 people who have had over 20 cycles, one being my cousin.

My BFP was first cycle with Monash, my sisters was second (both Lynn).
    I saw a lot of first time BFP in my DIG as many was related to MFI and the women were young. I was 36, had no eggs apparently, autoimmune problems, MFI, both of us had an infection that can cause problems.. So I felt very lucky I got pregnant at all. I had also got my head around donor eggs though so I was starting to think a baby was possible some how. My IVF road seemed so horrendous at the time and I still think it's the worst thing I've ever been through but it's because I truly thought at times I would remain childless. I think my quick success was purely down to Lynn and my Chinese Dr. I still watch this thread and really believe that you will all have a positive story one day too. But for some it will mean sorting out some pretty big problems and going through some significant heartache. I reallllllly hope you all make it xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, and then to fall naturally pregnant second time around makes me think all those fertility problems we had were an issue because we found them from looking, but ended up not being an issue. I still can't get my head around that. Some were treated granted, but no eggs? Weird.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It depends on what they call a cycle? A stim cycle with x embryos or is a cycle each transfer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was always wondering that too Lilypily

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If each cycle is an embryo transfer then I have done 12. In summary 5 chem pregs and 1x7 w MC.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Babee, straycat, KayzB and all of you who asked about me.

Saw Lynn today. She said that she is disappointed at why the pgd normal embryo didn't work as there is about a 65 percent chance according to her. Didn't have or give any reasons for it, Anyways.. she is doing a hysteroscopy and d&c on me on the 7th of October to scratch the lining in a better way than the basic endometrial scratch which she did this time. She will also be more aggressive in my next fet like increasing the predisolone plus she is trying to change the progestrone in the form of some tablets( she was saying something like endometrium) as she said my progestrone was on borderline. She also told me to transfer my embryos from Clayton to hawthorn. I have also changed my nurse from Corin in Clayton to Chloe . Corin was really iresponsible.

I mean it's fine, but I just seem to have lost faith in everything. I am just doing it as I have to do it. She has put me on the pill as my periods have gone totally haywire after ivf and FETs etc. I am waiting for my periods now. Have to start the pill and stop it 4 days after hysteroscopy, have a bleed and then start the next fet with our only normal embryo. When do you get a period after a bfn of a hrt cycle. LilYpily have u had yours? What's your next step?

is any one else on medication for anxiety? Do you think it helps?

if you count stimulated plus fet our next cycle is going to be the 10th one. 5 stimulated, 4 frozens Resulting in 2 pregnancies ending in miscarriages. What a horrendous journey....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sue I can't imagine how you are feeling you must be tough going through all this and for so long. I was taking temazapan at one point to help me sleep. I'm a shocking sleeper anyway so all the ivf stuff only made me worse. Might be an idea to ask for this. Lynn gave me a script for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sue77 I'm taking medication for anxiety and it's helped me. I went through a terrible period of depression and severe anxiety a few months ago brought on by this while experience. I also take Valium when it gets really bad which helps a lot too. Temazapan is fantastic to help you sleep as when my anxiety was at it's worst I couldn't sleep at all. It doesn't make you feel drowsy either which is good. I'm also seeing a psychologist which might be also something to consider as this is a tough thing to go through and you've certainly been through a lot. Thinking of you, big hugs xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sue77 I just got my period today. We are day 1 of our very last stim. I'm done and only doing this for regret management later in life. I'm menopausal and anxiety runs in my family but so far I've kept it at bay and want the stay away from meds. I have a DS and incredibly blessed. We have spent nearly 100k on Ivf over the last 8 years so yeah.. Where to? Last stim them get on with life. My sister started injections today for our eggies, my nurse is Chloe and she's great. Hawthorne lab is the premiere lab so yes get the emby over there. Good luck, chin up and press on, it's all we can do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Flemo , Kelly 77 , Grace 1 and Lilypily ... Your words mean so much. Talked to Lynn about anxiety and she said that anxiety is not good for pregnancy and she told me to ask my GP for a script of a medicine starting with Z ( zolock ) I think... She didn't write the script herself.. Don't know why..Anyways ...Will try that. The tww was really bad this time and ended with a bfn .... Trying to get up again... Flemo n a Grace 1 wishing u both very uneventful pregnancies..." Hoping to soon join u guyz....
    Grace1 don't exactly sure why she wanted me to shift me from Clayton to hawthorn, may be to have more control as my nurse there never updated her as to where I was in the cycle. Lilypily I am glad Chloe is nice... Good luck for ur cycle. Really praying u have a positive result. Kelly 77 seeing a psychologist or a counsellor is a very good idea. I might try that. Thanks hun.