Page 68 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lillypily so sorryto hear It sucks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MINIRoo View Post
    Hi Ladies, just a qq, what's the wait time to make a first appoint with Lynn at the moment? I think we are going to have to go back for #2.
    I waited 2 months (I was changing clinics and didn't mind the wait)

A few girls have asked to go on a wait list for cancellations and have had an appointment in a week or 2 (that's probably best bet if you don't want to wait)

TTC for 2.5yrs (BFN #1 Feb '13, BFP #2 june '13, angel baby 2/7/2013 👼 BFN#3 Feb '14, BFN #4 April '14) changed clinics 8 frosties

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lillypily so so sorry to see this.

hi @MINIRoo the wait time is about 2-3 months but it depends on if there have been any articles or tv appearances and the 2-3 month wait was before Sonia Kruger announced her pregnancy so could be even longer now. I'd book in if I were you, wait list cleared for me within about 10 days so worth going on it if you have a flexible schedule. When you say #2 do you mean bub #2 or cycle #2? if it's cycle it takes a while to get paperwork transferred, if it is for bub # 2 all the paperwork etc take a long time and the first step is to see Lynn, so add on another 3 weeks - month after you see her.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Medicare and finances

I was in accounts office the other day getting a quote for my treatment as a few things have changed since I saw them initially.

So I managed to get the answer that an IVF cycle in Medicare terms is 30 days long.

I was also urged to try to claim a few things that were initially rejected by Medicare and they suggested I call Lynns reception for some assistance. I think same goes for medical certificate.

I am sure I must pass some of you lovely ladies in the corridor as I always seem to be in Richmond for something or other.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MINIRoo View Post
    Hi Ladies, just a qq, what's the wait time to make a first appoint with Lynn at the moment? I think we are going to have to go back for #2.
    When I called in August, I was given an appointment in October. BUT - they have a cancellation list, and I got a call back 2 days later. I've been seen by Lynn, had my full work-up (including lap / hysto) and have my follow-up booked - all before the original appointment date.

So get on that list.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by straycat View Post
    I was also urged to try to claim a few things that were initially rejected by Medicare and they suggested I call Lynns reception for some assistance. I think same goes for medical certificate.
    Dare I asked what other things you were urged to claim? My un-claimable pile is getting big.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lynn Burmeister Monash IVF - feedback wanted please #3

Thank you. I mean Bub #2. I saw Lynn to have #1. I didn't get to ivf just monitored clomid cycles but it looks like I'll have to do it again as we're having no luck. I don't think my GP can/will do them. I will ask her first though, as I would need a referral anyhow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry Lilypily .. Big hugs ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't get anything from Medicare for the 1st consult and I believe I should have as it was a consult, my next cycle has not even started.

I am going to claim my prescription medications on top of the ivf drugs through my private health. I assume those of us on this thread, most have private and most would be on top cover to include ivf & pregnancy? I was told $150/year - check with your fund.

I also had to have some injections for immunisation boosters etc prior to starting ivf which cost $60 a pop so will claim that as well on private health. Plus I think I have a scan I was not bulk billed to claim on medicare.

I did not know this - too late now but if we get more than a certain amount of prescriptions filled at 1 pharmacy (or two) we reach a threshold and drugs are cheaper for the rest of the year. It's not automatic, we have to get a summary print out to give to Medicare. I personally don't have 1 pharmacy I get all my drugs from but as of next year could be worth doing this. Any of you ladies that get prescriptions filled often may be eligible for this.

Can only try, anything I can get back is a bonus.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MINIRooAs far as I know only a FS can prescribe clomid. I called for a booking first and went to my GP for a referral just a day before my appointment. I didn't have to do any paperwork to be prescribed clomid so doing all the police checks childrens checks etc will take time if you go down the IVF path.

I don't know how quiet it gets closer to xmas. Surely Lynn and her team are off for holiday period. What will we do during this time??!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to straycat For This Useful Post:

MINIRoo  (12-09-2014)