Closed Thread
Page 45 of 91 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @lileitak This is my 2nd lap this year and I have severe endo. You wont feel a thing, you will be put to sleep and wake up feeling dazed. If this is your first surgery which I think it is, wear something like a loose smock dress and very loose underwear in case there is a cut where your pubic line is- go buy this if you have to, it will help you get dressed and make you feel a lot better than having to pull up pants. You will need to go straight home to bed so I just sleep in the smock dress.

I would also buy some large water proof bandages at the chemist as I use them for at least a week or so each time I shower post op to keep my wounds dry. The wounds a very small incisions. I don't know how many you will have. I have 4 but that is also once again my endo and depends on what Dr needs to do. I feel like I am a rather 'complex case' so my surgeries will always be a bit more in depth.

When I lie flat I am fine. I don't take strong pain killers, just panadol. To be honest fasting is probably one of the worse things.

People get lap surgery for all sorts of things, but because we are for reproductive reasons the nurse told me to be super careful post op, don't over do it at home with any chores or lifting anything over 1kg and rush to get back to work as they want us to heal properly.

Let me know how you go!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to straycat For This Useful Post:

ilex  (28-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace1 View Post
    Yeah I'm leaning towards not doing it as I have 3 embryos and I don't really want to wait till day 5. (If we had more then I think we probably would have gone ahead with it). This is our first ivf so we are learning as we go!!

Good luck with your cycle! Do you usually get many embryos?
    I have had more eggs each time I stim. This is definitely because of Lynn. Last time I got too many eggs (30) and that may or may not have compromised their quality. I ended up with 7 embryos for testing.. Hoping to have less eggs this time and better results.. We will see. At Melbourne I was averaging 7 eggs and 3 embryos..Good luck to you too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies.. Had the scan to check the lining.. It was all good..11.5... Don't know how much exactly is required but nurses were happy and embryo transfer is on Wednesday..... Feeling very nervous... After so much mucking up at mivf I am going for a transfer after 2 years... Have to start progestrone 3 times a day from tomm... Clexane from the day of ET and continuing all other medicines I am currently on with the HRT...( predislone, progonova and estardot patches)

Babee and Flemo thank you so much for your good luck wishes for my scan... Babee are you starting a stimulated cycle soon? All I want to say is pease try to stray strong as you are and trust me you will get there as Lynn does not give up easily.. We all know coming from mivf.... And all u need is one golden egg... I am always praying for u....it's just a matter of time...."..Flemo how are you feeling? I have noticed that both of us are going pretty parallel in our cycles... I also had the lap in dec like you and I am having the fet a few weeks after u... Hopefully I also get a result like you. Please try not to stress about any past things now( I know it's easier said than done) as I also suffered from a missed miscarriage in dec 2012 ... Saw the heartbeat and it was gone after a week..but let's try and just forget those bad experiences and think positively as Lynn's approach is different after a BFP as well.. Wish u have a smooth pregnancy

Lilietak...good luck for you lap... Don't worry too much, it's a bit uncomfortable but all worth it if u get results...

Straycat.. Please be positive... I agree with you Melbourne ivf has a very diff approach than monash plus we all are under the care of Lynn who is one of the best in Aus.

Sophdusk... Everything crossed for u..

lilypily ly when is your embryo transfer......Thursday?? I am glad your injection was not that bad...

Grace1 have u done your emb transfer? I wish the bubs stick and we have more and more BFPs coming up soon...

this thread is so supportive. Don't know how I would deal with everything without the support of u wonderful ladies...sending baby dust to all..

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

ilex  (28-08-2014),sophdask  (28-08-2014),straycat  (28-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck fur ET @Sue77! Keeping everything crossed for you x
    Good luck to everyone else who is cycling at the moment, hoping to see lots of positive results soon!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kellyk77 For This Useful Post:

Sue77  (28-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Kelly 77 ... For your wishes.. Which stage r u now ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @Sue77 my double transfer will be on Tuesday!! Can't wait

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sue77 I'm still waiting (or hoping rather) for my fsh to come down. It came down to 12 and I was hopeful but last month it went right back up again... So I lost that hope and felt totally despondent. I test again next week which will be 5 months on HRT. If it's still too high not sure what I'll do... Anyway will see what happens I guess and try to stay hopeful although it's hard!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you girls so much! I wish with all my heart that you all get your precious bubbas too. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Lilypily .. Urs ET is one day before me.. All the best.. Do u know exactly how many days is the bt and what if it's a weekend??

Kelly 77 I know it's not easy. May be Lynn comes out with something new and I am sure you will soon be closer to a BFP

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

Kellyk77  (29-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    BT is normally 10 days and I think they still do Saturday but not Sunday you wait till Monday.. I have a tww buddy. I am a poas addict FYI. I start testing from 4 dpt...