Closed Thread
Page 31 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow great numbers Sophdask! Keeping everything crossed for lots of nice embies! Xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gabriel79 For This Useful Post:

sophdask  (20-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel79 View Post
    Hi lileitak I was at MIVF originally due to issues with my partner's sperm and I wish I'd had a laparoscopy sooner to be honest. It took a few IVF cycles before one was ordered for me and it turned out I had endo. I fell pregnant the next cycle. I'm about the same age as u and I really believe a good clean out is one of the best things to start with. It's not the nicest procedure but totally worth it. Good luck!!
    I saw Lynn recently & she said there was no point doing a laparoscopy as if she found endo she wouldn't do anything anyway as it isn't proven to affect fertility. So confused?!???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Kellyk77 I'm getting a laparoscopy & hysteroscopy together, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference. Maybe she figured she'd do both since they want to check my tubes. I'm freaked out about the hysto - it sounds horrible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think Lynn likes to visually see what's she's up against.. She did a hysto on my sister, found an infected tube, whipped it out and next cycle was my niece! That was after several other drs told her to give up as she was too old (43).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm that's interesting and very confusing KelkyK!! My endo was on my ovaries so I guess leaving it any longer would not have been great for my eggs. My mum had a number of chocolate cysts on her ovaries one of which burst when she was a few years older than me but lucky for her she was done having kids in her 20s. I think anecdotally the "clean out" factor seems to have some merit, but it's hard to say. I must say I did push pretty hard for my lap because of my mum's history (I didn't really have any symptoms) and I seemed to have inherited a few things from her (coeliac disease and endo to name a few lol!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had a tubal patency test to check my tubes (it was horrendous) and they did an ultrasound to check for endo at the same time as I have the symptoms but nothing showed up. But that isn't unusual as apparently it doesn't show on US unless it's severe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, Usually for any surgery they do +/- meaning if they do not find anything they don't do the procedure. I had some extensive tests done before Lynn suggested we do another Lap surgery and I have a history of severe endo so I can't get around not having the surgery unfortunately. Lynn won't make you go though surgery unless it is necessary.

I took a good 10 days taking it easy and 4 weeks to get back to 'normal'. I felt nausea and spent about 2 days sleeping, the post pain was not bad. Feels similar to having a stitch after a run. Its more where the cuts are I didn't feel comfortable sitting upright. So not painful but uncomfortable and I didn't want the stitches to split open. Felt tight so I laid down a lot.

In preparation for the lap surgery last time I stocked my fridge and had a lot of meals I could easily heat up while my DH was at work. Have enough for a few days as the last thing you want to be doing is any chores or driving around for a few days.

I also had a lot of books and dvds to keep me entertained while I was at home recovering, also buy some water proof bandages so you can shower. I was told Lynn will come talk to you before and after the procedure.

I think this time around it will be a lighter surgery. Will see... you wont remember a thing and the scars (if any) are tiny. Less than 1cm.

@lileitak We know you were half joking about your hubby. Unfortunately for us in this whole IVF journey we take the brunt of it. Lots of prods and jabs. Their contribution... I think they may enjoy it!

@Gabriel79 I have very similar issues with my ovaries. I really hope its not too late for me. Endo is so viscious.

I was such a chicken when I first had my surgery. I refused to look under the bandages for about 3 weeks. There was no infection and by the time I looked the stitches had already dissolved. I was also afraid my bikini wearing days were over due to scars but its really nothing and not noticeable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you feeling after your egg retrieval sophdask? Have you had transfer yet? I've had to laparoscopies and the first one it took me much longer to recover and was in a lot of pain. The second was so different no pain and recovered in days. The first doc did say the way he did the procedure it would be more painful. I had to do a bowel cleanser with the first one also. @Beta how are you not long to go. Do you remember what symptoms you had after your first successful transfer? My blood test is Monday feeling so bloated and so much low down pressure might have something to so with 4x 400 progesterone daily. @LilyPilly are you scheduled for transfer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 35 weeks today for my IVF DS I recorded the following:

Day 18 1dpost transfer - 3 blastocysts frozen. Asymptomatic.
    Day 19 tender nipples from evening, mild period like cramps throughout the day, no bloating,
    Following 4 days niggling twinges all day then no symptoms.
    Days 26,27 mild lower abdo cramps especially at night
    Day 28 BFP!!!! HCG 449 prog 78.

I don't think I had bloating because of Chinese medicine. I was on 400 progesterone, clexane and aspirin and progynova.

I wrote down all the symptoms for the whole pregnancy, have been a bit slack with this one but it was helpful to refer back to 1st pregnancy at times.
    Fx for your bt!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Flemo my positives I can just tell now but the one difference was a bit later on, like 4 days from BT, it felt like I could push out an af and lots of cramping. This has been the main difference between my BFPs and take home baby. Cramping, insomnia, queezy in afternoon and pings and pangs down low and vivid dreams are signs I have a BFP.