Closed Thread
Page 30 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @babee where are you going in Fiji? We had our honeymoon there in Feb and it was AMAZING!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The investigations she has scheduled are very standard. Quite often people fall pregnant after the hysto, so hopefully you will be one of them. Even if you're DH sperm are a problem it might well be both if you (was for us) and sperm vary so much every few months anyway depending on your DH lifestyle. Good luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Beta For This Useful Post:

ilex  (19-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Beta

Even though I'd read heaps about her, I wasn't expecting to be booked in for surgery (albeit minor) on the first appointment. My original appointment was in October, but got in on a cancellation so things moved pretty quick and I don't think I was in the right headspace.

Hubby goes in tomorrow, so hopefully we get some answers soon. I'm getting impatient now that its started.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lileitak definitely standard for Lynn to arrange the procedures. I had them done. EPU was today collected 16 eggs. Still in shock! Fingers crossed hoping for good fertilsation results. I struggle with Egg quality so hoping to also get some to freeze.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sophdask For This Useful Post:

ilex  (20-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Thought I'd report back after going to see Lynn. She was fabulous and very thorough, I'm very impressed. I had a lot of test results etc for her to look at but she sent me away for more anyway. She dissected my previous cycle with another clinic and came up with a plan for the next one. I am on all sorts of vitamins and drugs now for all sorts of things but mainly egg quality.

I was with Lynn for a while and I didn't find that she spoke too fast at all but she was saving it for the end, after an initial chat she cranked it up a notch and I found it hard to keep up. All these prescription and instructions were flying at me and she was writing all sorts of things for the nurses etc. she got on the phone and booked me for all these tests and booked me in for a laproscopy as well (severe endo) I went for an ultrasound and depending on the results the operation may be cancelled.

It's not cancelled and I am scheduled for it next week. Yikes. I had one earlier this year and it was horrible. My recovery was so slow and I found it hard to sit up straight, I took a good 2 weeks off but it was about 4 weeks til I was fully recovered, then I felt as good as new, I told Lynn this and she said for most people its about a 4 day recovery. Hmm... I think I just have very severe endo so lots of zapping

So glad I switched over to this clinic. Things move quickly and very pragmatic approach.

@babee hope you enjoyed your time away!

@lileitak Welcome and we seem to be going through a similar process. I really hope for your sake your husband is fine, I have a friend going through IVF and its due to her husband not producing quality sperm from a childhood illness and it's terrible for them, they may use his brothers sperm but they are at a loss what to do. Sure you guys will be fine, just routine tests.

Hope the EPU went well and you are not too sore.
    @sophdask

8. The Following User Says Thank You to straycat For This Useful Post:

ilex  (20-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great news @sophdask are you doing a 2 or 5 day transfer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks straycat. I will be doing 3 day transfer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lileitak I was at MIVF originally due to issues with my partner's sperm and I wish I'd had a laparoscopy sooner to be honest. It took a few IVF cycles before one was ordered for me and it turned out I had endo. I fell pregnant the next cycle. I'm about the same age as u and I really believe a good clean out is one of the best things to start with. It's not the nicest procedure but totally worth it. Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you're both right. My "wanting it to be him" is pretty unfair. Honestly it's my first time having any surgery (other than my wisdom teeth) so I'm more freaked out than I'm willing to admit. I am pleased that Lynn wants to start with a less aggressive method and see how we go.
    @Gabriel79 - hopefully I have the same luck you do! How long was the recovery for you? I've only asked for a couple days off work, but sounds like it might be wise to extend it.
    @straycat - That is terrible for your friend. I'm not sure if it would be harder to have donor sperm, or a siblings. I don't particularly like DH's brother, so I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be an option for us. He goes in today, so

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would ask for Lynn's recommendation on how many days to take off. I can't remember how long I had off but I do remember that I started doing work from home far to early in the recovery process and ended up working myself up into such a state...it was a bit silly of me really I was probably still zonked on the anaesthetic!