Closed Thread
Page 27 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flemo View Post
    Thanks I had my last spray fri night that was exactly 11 Wks. Thankgod no more spray well for now anyway it sent me nuts.
    I was thinking of you when I stated it wondering how on earth you did it for that long but well done on the lady sniff

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wishing all those with up coming transfers the very very very best of luck! May this be the golden one.

Those who are still preparing with treatment, hope all is going well.

Just wanted to send some positive vibes that no doubt this whole thread will have take home bubbies, it's just a matter of when.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BaoLovesLudo For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (11-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    With the pred and the clex make sure you:

Always eat breakfast with the pred -it protects the stomach. Try to take it as early as you in the am, so that it wears off by the time your ready for bed.

For the clex the first few really hurt until you or the giver get the technique right. When I had it in hospital the nurses were so good at it it never hurt. Trick is to squeeze the biggest bit of fat hard so you don't feel the prick, then immediately once the needle goes in release the squeeze enough so that the clex can get in easy and quickly. Remember the force of putting in the needle needs to be enough to break the skin on the squeezed fat.... so don't try and put it in softly. Also clexane needles can be blunt and large so use a bit of force. If it only goes in the fat then you shouldn't bruise as much.
    Last edited by BaoLovesLudo; 11-08-2014 at 08:11.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BaoLovesLudo For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (11-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I have my first appointment with Lynn this week and really nervous. I have done 1 cycle with MIVF and did EPU but didn't get to transfer In retrospect I think it would have been better to have cancelled the cycle but you never know til you know...

I was initially going to try 3 cycles with MIVF but after 1 I thought I would not waste any more time and money - not to mention pain in every sense of the word and go to Lynn.

I first saw her on 60 minutes years ago even before I knew I had to do IVF. She stuck in the back of my mind and even though transferring is a bit of a hassle I will do whatever it takes.

I am worried what Lynn will say due to such a dismal result for my 1st round but I really need someone experienced and I don't want any one else poking around my ovaries. But I'd rather know where I stand than trial and error with drug dosages.

I wanted to say thank you to all that have contributed to this thread. It help me decide my next steps and feel a little more positive after such a devastating 1st cycle.

xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to straycat For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (11-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @straycat congratulations in making the decision to change clinics.
    I found lynn definitely knew what she was doing. With my initial consultation she immediately saw where she could do things differently (from all my papers from previous clinic) and we started straight away. We've only done a retrieval but will start FET in a few weeks.
    You are in good hands. Lynn will probably go over your last cycle you did with mivf and possibly get you to do some tests. (It's just lynn being thorough) good luck 🍀

Hope everyone else is doing well

TTC for 2.5yrs (BFN #1 Feb '13, BFP #2 june '13, angel baby 2/7/2013 👼 BFN#3 Feb '14, BFN #4 April '14) changed clinics 8 frosties
    Last edited by Cevapa; 12-08-2014 at 06:19.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cevapa For This Useful Post:

straycat  (11-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Straycat, good luck! Definitely don't look at it as a hassle moving. I felt the same but It was the best decision I ever made!! It first I thought it would be too hard moving my frosties via courier, but it was all too easy.
    Last edited by BaoLovesLudo; 12-08-2014 at 07:47.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BaoLovesLudo For This Useful Post:

straycat  (12-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Straycat first cycles are often a test so hopefully Lynn will be able to see where the treatment was wrong and go from there. In my experience she does far more baseline testing than your previous clinic and will plan a cycle on more info. I think most of us have moved, thankfully it was pretty straightforward. My first cycle was awful too, I did make it to transfer but had just one lone lousy egg on pu. Lynn got me my DS first cycle after all the new tests.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Beta For This Useful Post:

straycat  (12-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

Thanks to everyone that has replied, I have been running around like a mad woman trying to get all my paperwork ready for the appointment. I initially had an appointment later in Oct but there was a cancellation so I can see Lynn this week. Thanks for the tip to go on waitlist, well worth it and keep your phone on!

So with just a few days notice I have been scrambling around calling different places to try and get my results to Lynns office before my appointment. MIVF said they will take 'some time' to do this so I rang pathologists and ultrasound places direct and explain my situation and they have been able to help me out.
    Phew. I too have some info such as my stim plan and the cycle summary to bring in.

I do understand the 1st cycle is more of a 'test' to see how my body would respond which I was prepared for but at egg PU we got 2 eggs, 1 fertilised and was not viable for transfer as it was multinucleated and most likely genetically defective. So I was very upset not only about the cycle, getting so close to transfer, but the result is really alarming. So few eggs collected (we saw 9 follies, was told later they were probably not follies but endo cysts) and such poor quality and now I am panicking all my embryos will not be viable in the future. So straight to Lynn!

Will see what she says.

Thanks again for all that you have shared on this thread.
    Hope to hear more wonderful news from you all shortly.
    xx

Me: 36, severe endometriosis, TTC 2.5 years, AMH 4,
    DH 38 'normal'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi straycat welcome to the group! I can definitely tell you that you have done a very good choice by shifting to Lynn from mivf. I was one of their patients too and went through so much as most of us here have gone throug with other doctors and clinics. even we don't have a baby in hand yet, but atleAst there is hope and we are waiting for a fet. I wish u all the best. do keep us posted how u went with your appointment ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your advice Bao... Hope u r doing well.....

Babee hope u r enjoying Fiji.... Did you get your pgd results?