Closed Thread
Page 13 of 91 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi guys

Thanks for all the support

Finally out of hospital. Still not 100% great but I couldn't stay there any longer - 5 days is enough.
    I've also had issues with my oxygen to my lungs which delayed my release and I was put on the oxygen mask practically since day 1. Apparently it's meant to be 95% or above on the machine but without an oxygen mask I was high 80's - low 90's and they wouldn't release me

I tried calling my nurse but she doesn't work today so I will try again tomorrow. She did leave a message yesterday saying final number is 8 (which we're happy with) I just wanted to touch base with her about what the next step is.
    I want to be 110% better before our FET so I told the hubby I want a little break and start again in September. Obviously if AF arrives we will speed it up (my natural cycle is practically non existent)

TTC for 2.5yrs (BFN #1 Feb '13, BFP #2 june '13, angel baby 2/7/2013 👼 BFN#3 Feb '14, BFN #4 April '14) changed clinics

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace1 View Post
    Hi all, couldn't read and run (I'm also a patient of Lynn's). @Cevapa that sounds just awful you poor thing!! How do they get the fluid out of your lungs and stomach? Hope you're feeling better soon!! Did the OHSS come on soon after EPU? I'm really nervous about getting this myself (new to ivf - starting first time in a couple of weeks so basically worried about everything)!! I will be on 375iu of puregon which I thought sounded like a lot. Can I ask what sort of medications you were on? Try to get some rest and take care....
    Hi grace

Sorry for late reply was only released from hospital today.
    I was on a special drip to have some of the fluid drained but I was also limited to 1.5l of liquid daily (including food - yoghurt etc) and on a catheter to monitor how much urine was coming out. Also needed to get oxygen flowing to lung area to reduce bloatness

My OHSS came on a few days after egg collection. I was extreemly bloated and then I started feeling nausea and dizziness which wouldn't go away. I was told to drink lots of water and gatorade which I did but it made things worse and I threw up on morning of scheduled transfer. I basically couldn't walk 5 steps without having to sit down and rest due to dizziness. The nurse in hawthorn had an ambulance transfer me to richmond.

Everyone is obviously different (as is each egg collection) my first collection I had 9 eggs and had no issues.
    This time we had 24 eggs plus i was on a different trigger (pregnyl)
    Sounds like we're on different meds. I was on gonal f dosage 125 then reduced to 75 before trigger. My trigger shot was pregnyl (which I've never had before) and also on the progesterone morning and night. Also started clexane day before egg transfer.

Wishing you best of luck with your retrieval. You're definitely in good hands. Do you know approx how many follicles you have yet

TTC for 2.5yrs (BFN #1 Feb '13, BFP #2 june '13, angel baby 2/7/2013 👼 BFN#3 Feb '14, BFN #4 April '14) changed clinics

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Babee, I'm well thanks. I'm 16 weeks now, still scared of complications but all is well so far . Wishing you all the very best for your epu and fet soon!!

Cevepa, rest up well. Take as much time off work as you need. I was really weak for the week following discharge. 8 is great!! Your baby should be awaiting you in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    Thanks so much @Cevapa for your reply. Now I know what symptoms to look out for... I'm so glad you are out of hospital - good to hear you're on the mend!!
    I will be starting injections in about a week. I'm really scared about it all to be honest (was supposed to start 2 cycles ago but have chickened out twice)!!
    We have signed up for pgd. Quick question - Does anyone know if the medication dosages are different than a non pgd cycle? Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on your twin pregnancy @BaoLovesLudo- how exciting!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Grace1 For This Useful Post:

BaoLovesLudo  (10-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Grace! Good luck for your first cycle!! You're so lucky to be starting first time with lynn, she's the best in my mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Cevapa... 8 blastocysts is such a great number. Very happy for you. Grace.. We did a pgd cycle and no the medications are not different. Pgd is just another added step to check the chromosomes.. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cevapa congrats on your 8 ! Such a great number and glad you are feeling better too Bao I'm so excited for you! Was your first ultra sound amazing? X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just got my blood test results after 2 months on HRT and it's good news! Fsh has come down from 16 to 12.5 (needs to be under 10). Am so relieved. Hopefully another month will get it under 10 and I can start planning to try again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good news Kel!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Beta For This Useful Post:

Kellyk77  (11-07-2014)