+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Straight to bed or woken up?

What would you do?
    Your LO (4.5 years old) normally goes to bed between 7.15-7.45pm, but after a week of being unwell and a big day at grandma's house he/she falls asleep on the couch at 5.30pm! (They flake it as soon as they lye down).

Do you:
    a) Wake them up and try keep them up a little longer (maybe until around 6.30/7pm).

b) Take them straight to bed and hope they sleep in until their normal time in the morning

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    B
    My 4yo ds is the biggest grouch if you wake him up and every so often will fall asleep during this time and sleeps right through. If he wakes I give him his dinner if before 9pm bath and read him a story then back to sleep after usually an hour after waking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS did this once and I unfortunately chose A. It threw his WHOLE night out and we had him awake from like midnight to 3am. Absolute disaster.

If my 2 year old falls asleep in the car at that time I wake her when we get home, then put her to bed a little bit later. I treat the late sleep as a nap, not as the start of the long night time sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chickenfoot83 View Post
    B
    My 4yo ds is the biggest grouch if you wake him up and every so often will fall asleep during this time and sleeps right through. If he wakes I give him his dinner if before 9pm bath and read him a story then back to sleep after usually an hour after waking.
    He tried to have an early dinner at 5pm, but felt too sick to eat. (Getting over chest infection so he coughs/ gags a lot).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    He tried to have an early dinner at 5pm, but felt too sick to eat. (Getting over chest infection so he coughs/ gags a lot).
    Poor little dude hope he gets better ASAP!
    Ds has been running temps the last 24hrs he is fine until the nurofen wears off then crashes out, so many things going around atm!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Straight to bed. Even a short nap late in the day resets my kids and they then are awake until 10.30pm.

I've put DD to bed a few times this early over the years. Sometimes she sleeps right through, sometimes wakes at 3am and eats some crackers or a sandwich then back to sleep. She's always been a good night sleeper though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Straight to bed - I wouldn't be messing with a sleeping toddler even if it meant an early start - better than a late night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I'd go straight to bed too, especially it they've been sick

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    Straight to bed. Even a short nap late in the day resets my kids and they then are awake until 10.30pm.
    Yeah that might of happened too if I woke him after 20+ min

Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    Straight to bed - I wouldn't be messing with a sleeping toddler even if it meant an early start - better than a late night.
    Very true, poor things. It's hard when there're so zonked.

Quote Originally Posted by chickenfoot83 View Post
    Poor little dude hope he gets better ASAP!
    Ds has been running temps the last 24hrs he is fine until the nurofen wears off then crashes out, so many things going around atm!
    My two boys have been sick for just over a week with temps, sore tummies, little appetite,vomiting, chesty cough
    I'm feeding them well, keeping them warm and lots of love, but nothing seems to keep the bugs away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well it ended up being a good night. Ds woke at around 11pm coughing a lot, so I gave him his asthma pump, penicillin and some water.
    Then he slept next to me in my bed until 7am!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 2BlueBirds For This Useful Post:

SimplyMum  (17-06-2014)