+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Evening Primrose Oil & Raspberry Tea Leaf

Hi ladies,

Just wondering if anyone had any stories to share of experiences with, or knew of someone, who had success with a shorter labour from taking Evening Primrose Oil capsules?

I have a friend who swore by them saying she took them orally from 36 weeks and then inserted 1 or 2 capsules "up there" each night from around 38 weeks onwards (and wore a pad as they do leak). I just want to clarify I am not looking at inducing labour as such, but they are supposed to be very beneficial and can prevent tearing altogether apparently.

Having done research & read lots of stories on Google they are designed to soften the cervix and assist with effacing / dilation. Apparently even many Mwives recommend them from what I have read.

My main reason for considering them is they really are supposed to assist greatly with helping women not tear during a vaginal birth. Which is the main thing I am scared of.

Lastly anyone drink raspberry Leaf Tea to bring on labour? I am still only 33 weeks but wondering if anyone who drank the tea near their due date went into spontaneous labour from the tea?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I drank RLT

With DD she came on due date and 2.5hr labour, some minor grazing

With DS 52 min labour a day before due date with minimal grazing.

I will be drinking it again this time! Who knows if I would have laboured quickly and easily without it or not, but I'm not taking the risk of not drinking it! Haha.

It is supposed to help the uterus contract efficiently and in a coordinated matter, it is not supposed to bring on labour early, but some believe it may help kick things off if your body and babe are already ready IYKWIM

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Super Trooper For This Useful Post:

Rozzie1976  (16-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh thought I should add I went into labour spontaneously both times and drank a cup or two a day from about 30wks onwards, it's not recommended to drink it in the first two trimesters

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Super Trooper For This Useful Post:

Rozzie1976  (16-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I took RL capsules daily from week 30. Had a quick labour, very efficient contractions. Would do it again. Was going to do EPO internally but read something about them causing premature rupture of membranes? And as this happened with my first baby,.meaning I needed induction, I didn't risk it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Trooper View Post
    I drank RLT

With DD she came on due date and 2.5hr labour, some minor grazing

With DS 52 min labour a day before due date with minimal grazing.

I will be drinking it again this time! Who knows if I would have laboured quickly and easily without it or not, but I'm not taking the risk of not drinking it! Haha.

It is supposed to help the uterus contract efficiently and in a coordinated matter, it is not supposed to bring on labour early, but some believe it may help kick things off if your body and babe are already ready IYKWIM
    Thanks hun, so at how many weeks should I drink the tea? Is 38/39 weeks too early?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    I took RL capsules daily from week 30. Had a quick labour, very efficient contractions. Would do it again. Was going to do EPO internally but read something about them causing premature rupture of membranes? And as this happened with my first baby,.meaning I needed induction, I didn't risk it.
    Cheers Bond Girl, I've been taking the RL capsules from 32 weeks so for a week now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I drank RLT every 1-2 days from 36 weeks onwards. I went 10 days overdue and had a 19.5 hour labour with over 2 hours pushing. DS was a forceps delivery that was one push away from an emergency cesarean. I also had a PPH. I can't imagine how the labour could have been any worse- but who knows, maybe the RLT made it better than it could have been!