+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I think I'm beyond help. I really don't know what I need to know.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Andy Field has really good lectures on Youtube, they helped me a lot. Also his website statisticshell (or something like that) has a stack of info. I looked at his website and Khan Academy although stats. Any topic I couldn't grasp I would use these resources more than what we were given through uni.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PomPoms For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (16-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have final exam on thurs - don't really care about it at this point. V bad attitude I know....

i had 4 hour legal exam two weeks ago and got an HD which is crazy, but this one I'm not at all as confident.

I did psych a few years back and I was one of those mental people who loved stats. also epidemiology. Loser I know.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (16-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Much luck to everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Agree on Andy Field! He makes it much more accessible.

I just finished my 'cheat sheet', I have written as much as humanly possible on that sheet of paper!! I just hope I haven't missed anything important.

I'm glad a chunk of the exam is multiple choice, at least I have a shot at guessing correctly if I don't know the answers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I think I'm beyond help. I really don't know what I need to know.

Our lecturer gave us a great summary of what we needed to cover. I have based all my study on that so I hope there aren't too many curve balls!! For some reason this stuff just doesn't want to stick in my brain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    Our lecturer gave us a great summary of what we needed to cover. I have based all my study on that so I hope there aren't too many curve balls!! For some reason this stuff just doesn't want to stick in my brain.
    I think it's because it's so boring.
    I will hopefully get stuck into it tomorrow when I'm less tired

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

Cue  (17-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Stats was one of my least favourite math based subjects from my last degree! (Engineering), so I feel for you all!

Yesterday's exam was OK - Of the three questions I could handle two and the third there may have been a bit of improvising... but considering I thought it was going to be a total write off I'm pretty happy.

AND, I'm now finished potentially for a whole year as I'm planning on taking first semester off next year (bub due in December) and even contemplating taking this coming semester off so I can enjoy some more time with DD and take care of myself during the pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm headed to the library to study for Friday's exam. It's my politics and policy exam, I've chosen my two question topics (though don't know the actual questions) and so I'm revising policy cycle/implementation and Senate voting (both topics I covered in my two essays).

Though I am not at ALL confident about this exam

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lillynix - sounds complicated! Good luck with the study.

GM - yay for being done!! A break will probably be a good idea. I only do one subject at a time which has been really manageable so you could always do that to reduce your load throughout the pregnancy.

I just left my exam - all done!!! It really wasn't too bad at all. I ran out of time for the last short-answer question but got as much down as I could. I'm pretty confident that I've done enough to get a credit overall (unless I've done something terribly wrong!!).

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

GM01  (17-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Just had my stat exam. I'm really not sure how I went. Hoping it's enough.
    Now to start studying for Monday's exam.