+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Talking tennis after school activity? be aware run by actors!

i was appalled to find this job advert today in seek, and had to share this to other hardworking parents..

Remar Tennis Acting OpportunityRemar Holdings Pty ltd on 7 Jun Brisbane Advertising, Arts & Media - Performing Art Casual/Vacation $20/hr for all work (direct and related)

Calling all budding actors,

We are looking for an exceptional actor who can follow a script and perform for kids aged 3-10 years.

This actor needs to have confidence, needs to be able to rehearse, will have to learn a 30 min activity session, and will need to be loud and exciting.

The successful actor will be running tennis games in school P.E lessons. They will have 30mins to excite and amaze the class. Classes will have 25 students and run for 30min sessions over multiple classes, possibly back to back. The session will have to be fun, tennis based, and we will have prizes and enrollment forms to hand out at the end of the session.

No tennis back ground or skill is needed at all. All games will be taught to the successful applicant and rehearsed over and again.

The full 30 min session will be rehearsed and the successful applicant will have to perform this session live before being given classes to perform to.

The other main Job the actor may be required to do is rehearse and deliver a 3 min tennis performance in front of a school. Again full script and training will be given. All rehearsals and any relevant work will be paid for.

We are looking for someone on a casual/part-time basis. If they are great, this can be ongoing. $20 per hour for all work carried out.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mardee For This Useful Post:

Taffabella  (16-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Whaaaat??!!
    That's just madness!!

DH (34) Me (30)
    DS1 (8) * DS2 (4)
    ❤️ My Family ❤️

Egg donor 2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my dear stars!?....!! Hahaha that's hilariously terrible. Someone should apply for it then in the middle of the peformance out them on their scam... Maybe during the 3 minute tennis 'performance'.

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer1 View Post
    Oh my dear stars!?....!! Hahaha that's hilariously terrible. Someone should apply for it then in the middle of the peformance out them on their scam... Maybe during the 3 minute tennis 'performance'.
    Wouldn't that be gold?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my gosh! Crazy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The way I'm reading it is that it is just to get kids excited about tennis, not actually teaching the kids to play. I don't know. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AngelicHobgoblin For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (16-06-2014),ChickyBee  (16-06-2014),haveheart  (16-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelicHobgoblin View Post
    The way I'm reading it is that it is just to get kids excited about tennis, not actually teaching the kids to play. I don't know. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.
    I'm reading that too.. I'm guessing they play some tennis training games with the kids, but what they're looking for is enthusiasm & someone to get kids excited about tennis (obviously so they want to sign up to tennis lessons which would be with someone with actual skills!)

It sounds like a good advertising strategy! Clever of the company & I wouldn't be concerned about it at all.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkey&&me For This Useful Post:

AngelicHobgoblin  (16-06-2014),Mezmerised  (30-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ha ha ha! What a clever way to word it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelicHobgoblin View Post
    Yeah, part of the ad says they will be handing out enrolment forms, I'm guessing the actor goes into the school as a one off to try and get kids to enrol in tennis lessons run by proper coaches. They are just advertising it really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I stumbled across this post by accident, you actually have it spot on I know the owners of the company and they just want someone who is able to be flexible and creative in their sessions with the children and engage the children's interest