Closed Thread
Page 60 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hadesgirl View Post
    Has anyone tried carb refeeds or carb cycling?
    Im focusing on low carb to lose weight. Once i get to my goal, I will then consider whether or not to increase my carb consumption.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone, I've been following this thread as I've been interested in trying to eat low carb to get back to pre baby weight (about 5kg to go).

Well, you've all inspired me and I'm on day 4 of low carb eating!

I've tried a few of the recipes that you guys suggested and they've all been delicious. My biggest issue so far is forgetting all the low fat, no fat regime that has been drilled into my head over the years - oh, and my addiction to large milky coffees and tea. I'm slowly getting used to black tea but not sure if I can tackle black coffee yet so I've avoided cafés!

Thanks all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @TeBe have you tried Stevia or Natvia (a blend of Stevia and Erythritol). They don't have the same affect as aspartame

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbleyhorse View Post
    Hi Everyone, I've been following this thread as I've been interested in trying to eat low carb to get back to pre baby weight (about 5kg to go).

Well, you've all inspired me and I'm on day 4 of low carb eating!

I've tried a few of the recipes that you guys suggested and they've all been delicious. My biggest issue so far is forgetting all the low fat, no fat regime that has been drilled into my head over the years - oh, and my addiction to large milky coffees and tea. I'm slowly getting used to black tea but not sure if I can tackle black coffee yet so I've avoided cafés!

Thanks all!
    I still have milk in my tea, it is such a small amount I don't think the carbs are of concern.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Welcome wonbleyhorse and well done!

Thanks ladies for the support. Xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcorset View Post
    @TeBe have you tried Stevia or Natvia (a blend of Stevia and Erythritol). They don't have the same affect as aspartame

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Thanks for the suggestion, Yes I have tried stevia and Natvia and didn't like them very much. I have decided to go cold turkey on artificial sweeteners. That means no sweetener in my tea and coffee, no sugar free chocolate, no low carb bars and no diet soft drink. I find that I crave sweet things all the time and I am guessing its because of the artificial sweetener.

My goal is to cut out the sweeteners all together, not only so they do not interfere with ketosis, but so that I can lessen the sweet cravings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a slice of cake for my partner's b'day. I broke my 6 week no junk food rule, but I've been on this diet 3 weeks and have not touched any rubbish, so I considered it a treat. I don't feel bad, as I'm so motivated to get back on track in the morning. I have a weigh in in the morning, so even if I still have lost weight, even 500g, I'll be happy. I'm dedicated to be at 60kg by Christmas.

⭐️DS #1 born 15.03.2010⭐️
    ⭐️DS #2 born 16.02.2014⭐️
    ⭐️Me=29 💗 DP=34⭐️

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is a great low carb recipe. I make them all the time. They are yummy cold too.

Spicy Chicken Wings

12 chicken wings
    ½ cup vegetable oil
    1 tsp smoked paprika
    1 tsp cayenne pepper
    1 tsp ground coriander
    ½ tsp ground ginger
    3 tsp salt

1 mix the oil, spices and salt, then add to the chicken. Let the chicken marinade for at least 30 minutes.
    2 fry the chicken in a little of the oil, then finish in a 180°C oven for 7-9 minutes.

I skip the frying step and just rub on the mixture and put in the oven. I love them really crispy so I cook them for about 45 minutes. The bonus is, chicken wings are really cheap (have used drumsticks too)

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

PipersMummy  (27-06-2014),wobbleyhorse  (27-06-2014),Zombie_eyes  (27-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for the info. I will work on reducing milk/being conscious of it, I'm still feeding so want to include it in my diet.

Day 2, and feeling good. Really thirsty! Can't wait for weigh in next week. Fingers crossed I have a loss

Ps looking forward to trying creamy broccoli soup that someone posted sounds Delish

Thanks
    Reviews
    Weigh in for me today 😁

⭐️DS #1 born 15.03.2010⭐️
    ⭐️DS #2 born 16.02.2014⭐️
    ⭐️Me=29 💗 DP=35⭐️