Page 6 of 96 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What about thinks like almond milk?

Thanks
    Reviews
    How's everyone going so far? I read this yesterday and I thought if those girls can do it, so can I! I've always managed to lose weight with low carb, high protein eating and I knew I wanted to get back to it to lose the last 5 or so kg from having DS. I lost 10kg last year but it started to creep up again when we were on a tight budget and started eating pasta and rice, etc.
    So back to low carb today and I was struggling a bit with my craving for something sweet so while DS was asleep I took the opportunity to make some sugar free choc balls from i quit sugar website - very yum indeed. DD enjoyed helping me too. Now I just need to stop myself from eating the whole lot by tomorrow
    Ps - i always substitute mashed potato for mashed/pureed cauliflower - we have been doing it for a few years and we prefer it to potato now. Try it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some almond milk has the same amount of carbs as cows milk. Make sure you check the nutritional info on the bottle if you try almond milk.

I have tried it and couldn't stomach it. I would rather have black coffee or just a dash of cows milk

Thanks
    Reviews
    I could probably drink black coffee, I only have coffee once a day now to stave off the dreaded withdrawal headache which for some reason is crippling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcorset View Post
    How's everyone going so far? I read this yesterday and I thought if those girls can do it, so can I! I've always managed to lose weight with low carb, high protein eating and I knew I wanted to get back to it to lose the last 5 or so kg from having DS. I lost 10kg last year but it started to creep up again when we were on a tight budget and started eating pasta and rice, etc.
    So back to low carb today and I was struggling a bit with my craving for something sweet so while DS was asleep I took the opportunity to make some sugar free choc balls from i quit sugar website - very yum indeed. DD enjoyed helping me too. Now I just need to stop myself from eating the whole lot by tomorrow
    Ps - i always substitute mashed potato for mashed/pureed cauliflower - we have been doing it for a few years and we prefer it to potato now. Try it!
    Those sugar free choc balls look yummy. Do you know how many carbs they have? I had a quick look at the recipe and they look like they would have lots of carbs with the nuts, the nut spread and the coconut

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    My fav coffee, jarrah was way on special at Woolies.... I just looked at the carbs.... 8.7g in one cup So it's under 20 we should keep to?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The way you lose weight from eating low carb is to get your body into a process called "ketosis".

Ketosis means that the body is in a state where it doesn't have enough glucose available to use as energy, so switches into a state where molecules called ketones are generated during fat metabolism.

Every body is different but for weight loss, you need to get into ketosis and stay in it for as long as possible. I have found if I aim for 20g of carbs I can get into ketosis and lose weight.

I think its a good idea to record your carb intake and then if you are not losing weight you can eat less and less carbs until you enter ketosis and start losing weight.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (16-06-2014)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Personally Im sticking to under 40. If i stick to 20 then i struggle to keep things interesting and it leads to a binge.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

TeBe  (16-06-2014)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Do you girls find it hard to track when you make recipes? Its so difficult and takes ages and i end up not knowing what my serving would be if its a slow cooker recipe/ sauce etc.

Drives me mad

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yep Zombie. I find calorie/carb counting annoying, especially as you say, when it's made from scratch.

I'm just going to be really sensible. Stay away from white bread, pasta, milk, with the occasional serving of mountain bread. I can't maintain it long term if I have almost zero carbs. Since I go to the gym, I get exhausted and feel awful if I go too hard on limiting carbs. I'm aiming for 30-40g a day.