Closed Thread
Page 59 of 96 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    People just like to be negative don't they? I get the roll eyes a lot if I reject cake etc, because I am naturally quite slim - but I do this for how I feel and to drop the few excess kilos that I put on. You just have to remember life is your journey and whatever anyone else thinks is not going to effect you.
    Most of my family is pretty good and I don't see many other people often, I'm a bit of a loner I find my stomach is a lot happier when I don't eat carbs as well, I just ignore people mostly and enjoy my bacon haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just went out for lunch and stuck to the plan

Pan an fried squid with rocket and Parmesan salad.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

PipersMummy  (27-06-2014),Zombie_eyes  (27-06-2014)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Goodjob! Sounds delicious

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    Thanks girls!! Super excited, and now more motivated than ever!!

So wanted to ask, has anyone copped flack for eating this way? Im noticing an increasing amount of negativity.
    I havent copped any flack. If I am eating with others I choose meat and salad/veggies. No one seems to even notice. ZE, who is being negative towards you?

I said no to a piece of banana bread yesterday and I felt a bit rude because it was home made and looked delicious but I wanted to stick to the plan.

I have haas one coffee and one tea today with no sweetener. It is a real struggle for me because I'm so used to it. Hopefully it won't take long for my taste buds to adapt. Oh and I've had no soft drink either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls!! Super excited, and now more motivated than ever!!

So wanted to ask, has anyone copped flack for eating this way? Im noticing an increasing amount of negativity.
    I haven't, yet.. Because I haven't really told anyone apart from DH. I haven't told anyone because I'm anticipating some commentary which I'm not interested in hearing. What are you copping ZE?

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just have a few people apparently annoyed at me, 1) was invited to dinner (chinese food) i said i couldnt. Thought i would be honest about it. Was met with anger and "thats no way to live" line.
    "You'll just gain it all back"
    "You're compromising your health"

Rah rah rah.

It's ok im not gonna let it get to me, at the end of the day it speaks more about them than it does about me.

Anyways

So today i had an omelet for breakfast.
    Some shaved chicken breast in a cheese slice, a yogurt for lunch.
    And dinner will be a tuna salad while the family have celebratory 'its school holidays!' Pizza
    Perhaps a diet jelly after dinner.

Today was all over the place i didn't have a lot of time or food supplies (end io week) but i did fine so im proud of myself. I even sat in maccas for 45 mins while waiting for my new tyres and just sipped water.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just have a few people apparently annoyed at me, 1) was invited to dinner (chinese food) i said i couldnt. Thought i would be honest about it. Was met with anger and "thats no way to live" line.
    "You'll just gain it all back"
    "You're compromising your health"

Rah rah rah.

It's ok im not gonna let it get to me, at the end of the day it speaks more about them than it does about me.

Anyways

So today i had an omelet for breakfast.
    Some shaved chicken breast in a cheese slice, a yogurt for lunch.
    And dinner will be a tuna salad while the family have celebratory 'its school holidays!' Pizza
    Perhaps a diet jelly after dinner.

Today was all over the place i didn't have a lot of time or food supplies (end io week) but i did fine so im proud of myself. I even sat in maccas for 45 mins while waiting for my new tyres and just sipped water.
    Good attitude to have! I'm determined to ignore it if it ones my way too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone tried carb refeeds or carb cycling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hadesgirl View Post
    Has anyone tried carb refeeds or carb cycling?
    I linked a carb cycling article earlier, I think that's where I'm headed after induction.. What are your thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hang in there ZE and try not to take what others say on board - especially when you are eating so healthily and doing something great for your body and mind. I've received flak in the past about the diet...and some of it was from people who often go on a 'fad' diet and have a fantastic metabolism and have no idea what it's like to have to work for it. It's also hard to 'have a break' when in ketosis as, as you know it takes then another two or three days to get back there. I also find it harder to stick to a diet if I'm forever revolving around other people.
    For us we always try to accommodate others' diets when they come to dinner whether it be gluten free, sugar free, dairy free.