D-pizza chicken, it's in the slow cooker fingers crossed it works

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PipersMummy For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (27-06-2014)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks girls!! Super excited, and now more motivated than ever!!

So wanted to ask, has anyone copped flack for eating this way? Im noticing an increasing amount of negativity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post

So wanted to ask, has anyone copped flack for eating this way? Im noticing an increasing amount of negativity.
    I've has one person tell me low carb is rubbish and a load of crap, but I just smile and nod, it's the only way I seen to lose weight without turning into a raging lunatic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

I've never understood that either. I know people who do it but basically keep it to themselves like a dirty secret because of the negativity.

I wonder whether it's because eating low carb is actually initially hard and takes a lot of willpower? By doing it and getting results others feel negative? Dunno but it's definitely there.

I've decided I'm going to give it a shot at dinner time and breakfast, and see how I go from there. I'm too overwhelmed with work and kids at the moment to do it more than that but I figure if I make some small changes I'm see differences. Eg I struggle to put on weight when pregnant and my ob had me on sustogen which I've kept having until I saw yesterday how much carbs is in it! So that goes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I fell off the wagon after lunch yesterday, bloody hormones. I had cake and bought chicken nuggets. I got all down, but today is another day and I'm back on the horse. I've lost 2kg, I've noticed my podgy carb belly was gone right down and as a result, my jeans are falling down

Just going to have an egg salad tonight for dinner. This thread has kept me motivated and strong so glad I started it

7. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

PipersMummy  (27-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week

Most people have been supportive but I've had a few eye rolls. I've been yo yo dieting for about 2 years now, and this is the best I felt, with the best results and I'm eating really healthy. I'm eating lots of veg, lean meat, eggs and dairy in the form of cheese and occasional cream. How can that be a bad thing?

It's a much healthier sustainable diet than the shake craze (those that do shakes, please don't beat me with sticks lol)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe it's a case of your succeeding and I want to tear you down? Like when someone tried to quit smoking, all the smokers around them try and undo it

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PipersMummy For This Useful Post:

MummaOJ  (27-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I've never understood that either. I know people who do it but basically keep it to themselves like a dirty secret because of the negativity.

I wonder whether it's because eating low carb is actually initially hard and takes a lot of willpower? By doing it and getting results others feel negative? Dunno but it's definitely there.

I've decided I'm going to give it a shot at dinner time and breakfast, and see how I go from there. I'm too overwhelmed with work and kids at the moment to do it more than that but I figure if I make some small changes I'm see differences. Eg I struggle to put on weight when pregnant and my ob had me on sustogen which I've kept having until I saw yesterday how much carbs is in it! So that goes.
    Sonja I started by cutting carbs after lunch - so still having eggs on toast or a coconut milk smoothy for breakfast, because us Mums do use quite a bit of energy in the mornings. By cutting carbs only after midday, and being aware of what I was eating but not changing my diet, the weight dropped off and I now wake up not feeling bloated or nauseous like I was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PipersMummy View Post
    Maybe it's a case of your succeeding and I want to tear you down? Like when someone tried to quit smoking, all the smokers around them try and undo it
    People just like to be negative don't they? I get the roll eyes a lot if I reject cake etc, because I am naturally quite slim - but I do this for how I feel and to drop the few excess kilos that I put on. You just have to remember life is your journey and whatever anyone else thinks is not going to effect you.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah, i totally get it.

Ive had a few things said to me the last few days when I've turned down food. Best to just keep my mouth shut i guess