Closed Thread
Page 52 of 96 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PipersMummy View Post
    Thanks for the birthday wishes ladies I'm enjoying my day off but not as much as I thought I would, my appetite has dropped considerably and I just don't feel hungry, even now, hopefully when everyone arrives for dinner in 2 hours I'll be ready to eat
    Happy Birthday! I've found the same thing with my appetite. I've eaten and felt really full very quickly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Today's food

Scrambled eggs and coffee
    Steak with melted cheese and a fried egg
    San Choy bow

Snacks- cheese and coke zero

My aim is to not eat anything after dinner. It's always a challenge.

What did everyone else eat today?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Sorry for more questions. I'm really impressed with how well you guys are going, to the point where I'm tempted to actually give this a shot. I didn't think I are much carbs (don't eat bread and virtually no pasta) but thanks to this thread now realise how much carbs are in things. I only want to drop 5 kg but naturally they're the hardest of all.

I'm going to find some vegetarian recipes and see if I can convince DH to do it with me.

For those that are doing it how long have you been seriously limiting carbs? Is there a reliable place I can find info on this? There seems to be a lot of confusion about carbs in food.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post

What did everyone else eat today?
    Omelette with cheese, spinach, ham
    Coffee
    Oat slice homemade (hello carbs!!!)
    Tea
    Beef and veggie stir fry
    Red wine 1 glass

I am really happy with how I have done. I will continue no carbs after midday and watch calories which works so well for me (no nighttime bloating!!)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Sorry for more questions. I'm really impressed with how well you guys are going, to the point where I'm tempted to actually give this a shot. I didn't think I are much carbs (don't eat bread and virtually no pasta) but thanks to this thread now realise how much carbs are in things. I only want to drop 5 kg but naturally they're the hardest of all.

I'm going to find some vegetarian recipes and see if I can convince DH to do it with me.

For those that are doing it how long have you been seriously limiting carbs? Is there a reliable place I can find info on this? There seems to be a lot of confusion about carbs in food.

Thanks.
    I did low carb for 14 months straight on advice from a dietician and my surgeon. I don't know where to find info for you online sorry, hopefully someone else can help.

Today i had;
    Protein shake
    Stuffed capsicum (dd ate some of it with me)
    1.5 reduced fat sausage with an egg for dinner

Snacks (AF arrived so i felt peckish)

15g of chicken breast wrapped in cheese
    A yogurt.

And i have a diet jelly waiting for me if i feel i need it tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post

Thanks.
    I've been doing it seriously for a week tomorrow. Today I feel fantastic, I've just worked a 12 hour day and driven 1.5 hours down the highway home and feel like I could go for a run. It has made me realise how lethargic a carb based diet makes me. I'm going to stick to it for a while and then introduce carb cycling. I found this resource for veggos;

http://www.sheknows.com/food-and-rec...tarian-kitchen

I read stuff from mark sisson and jimmy Moore has done some enormous work in the low carb area with his book and podcasts;

http://www.cholesterolclarity.com

http://www.livinlavidalowcarb.com

7. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (25-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I had coffee, some shaved chicken breast for a snack and satay chicken & veg without rice for dinner. Just wasn't in the mood for eating today.

Mind you, DH (god love him) bought me a box of M&M peanuts as a treat as he knew I was down today. he forgot about low carb. I've had too many and worry now I've ruined ketosis

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    Hi ZE, sounds like you are off to a great start to the day with your shake.

Im going to make some low carb soup tonight. Have to wait for coles delivery to arrive though.

I have used this recipe a few times and it is really good. I add shredded chicken breast to make it feel more like a meal. I also add some onion and garlic for more flavour.
    (I have also used cauliflower instead of broccoli)

Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Soup:
    • 2 T. butter
    • 3 cups chicken stock
    • 250ml cream cheese
    • 1 cup cream
    • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
    • 2 bunches of fresh broccoli, chopped
    Heat stock and broccoli until broccoli is tender. Mix cream cheese, cream cream, shredded cheese and butter in another pan and stir often. When broccoli is tender, put half in a blender and puree (this makes it a little thicker). When the other pan is melted, add to broth and broccoli. Garnish with cheese.
    • Add salt and pepper
    Just made the soup, very fast and easy to make and delicious. Going to freeze a few portions for emergency meals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think carb cycling is where I'll be headed more long term;

http://www.livestrong.com/article/55...-for-fat-loss/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I had coffee, some shaved chicken breast for a snack and satay chicken & veg without rice for dinner. Just wasn't in the mood for eating today.

Mind you, DH (god love him) bought me a box of M&M peanuts as a treat as he knew I was down today. he forgot about low carb. I've had too many and worry now I've ruined ketosis
    Oh I love peanut m&ms, I probably would've caved in and eaten them too.

Don't worry about it, just get back on the bandwagon tomorrow morning.