Closed Thread
Page 51 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    Wow BigRedV - that is great for a week!

Happy birthday Piper's Mummy!

Thank you so much TeBe and ZE for the support. Can't wait to fit into some clothes. It will be nice to go through it with others this time and share some new recipes as I'm a little over some of the ones that I used when dropping it after our other children - to the point that there are some that I haven't cooked since! DH has a super metabolism and even though we eat similar food he can't do the whole thing with me as he'd end up quite gaunt.

Thankfully our kids love eating salad and things like beans, veg soup and general veg - unless it's pumpkin (but apparently it's okay if it's soup - go figure!). I'll just add them in some carbs or a treat every now and then so they don't gang up! Oh, that reminds me - in your soups a great thing to add is pearl barley. Such a great grain and low gi that is filling. I'm wondering how a risotto would go using it - has anyone tried?

I usually shake it at the same time, coupled with a few hours of exercise, but of course that will have to wait until my body is ready.

Better get going...part way through doing bits and pieces for a TMNT cake. Need to go put their eye masks on and throw on some eyes...then do some words...the rest can wait until Friday...wish me luck!
    Thanks for the tip about pearl barley but it is quite high in carbs. 100 grams of cooked pearl barley has 28grams of carbs. I aim to eat less than 20grams of carbs in a day so I couldn't fit in any pearl barley.

I am not aiming to eat low GI, I am eating very low carb. Most very low carb diets cannot fit it any grains, even if they are low GI.

That cake sounds interesting, good luck with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Congrats to all the losers Some great wins!! I weighed in and have lost another .2 so 2.3 all up.

I'm giving up all lo carb bars, after further investigation they're BS mostly. I also bought some keto stix so will try them out later today.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (28-06-2014),PipersMummy  (25-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Congrats to all the losers Some great wins!! I weighed in and have lost another .2 so 2.3 all up.

I'm giving up all lo carb bars, after further investigation they're BS mostly. I also bought some keto stix so will try them out later today.
    Good idea on the low carb buys, I think they are best avoided. Congrats on the weight loss, well done.

Interested to hear how you go with the keto stix.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Bahumbug. Im not weighing in this week cause AF just arrived. Damn it im always mega bloated this time of the month.

Next friday it is then. *dies*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    Good idea on the low carb buys, I think they are best avoided. Congrats on the weight loss, well done.

Interested to hear how you go with the keto stix.
    Just did it and purple straight away which means ketosis and o glucose.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Just did it and purple straight away which means ketosis and o glucose.
    Excellent result with the stix, good to know you are in ketosis. Now the trick will be to stay there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    Bahumbug. Im not weighing in this week cause AF just arrived. Damn it im always mega bloated this time of the month.

Next friday it is then. *dies*
    I thought you had been quiet, know i know why

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a shake for breakfast and for lunch I had a mini fruit salad, may of gone tad over the carbs, but I was at my mother's house, cleaning my car out and they were eating sandwiches for lunch with meats, so I gave it a miss and made a little fruit salad.

⭐️DS #1 born 15.03.2010⭐️
    ⭐️DS #2 born 16.02.2014⭐️
    ⭐️Me=29 💗 DP=34⭐️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    Excellent result with the stix, good to know you are in ketosis. Now the trick will be to stay there!
    Its definitely given me a little bit more incentive, just knowing that it's paying off means I stay committed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the birthday wishes ladies I'm enjoying my day off but not as much as I thought I would, my appetite has dropped considerably and I just don't feel hungry, even now, hopefully when everyone arrives for dinner in 2 hours I'll be ready to eat