Closed Thread
Page 4 of 96 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm doing low carb at the moment. I tend to go off track on the weekends, and then back into it again Monday morning.

I usually have 2 eggs for breakfast.

Does anyone count carbs? How many grams of carbs do you try to stick to?

I aim for around 20g of carbs a day but it's hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Notatoes made with cauliflower are really good too!

I'm after some ideas, I want to start making smoothies for breakfast with protein powder in it but I'm not sure what type of protein to use and also any other suggestions for ingredients would be great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by PipersMummy View Post
    Notatoes made with cauliflower are really good too!

I'm after some ideas, I want to start making smoothies for breakfast with protein powder in it but I'm not sure what type of protein to use and also any other suggestions for ingredients would be great
    I use maxines as its low carb, a lot of protein powders are really high carb >_< sometimes i get the vanilla and add frozen berries to it instead of ice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    I'm doing low carb at the moment. I tend to go off track on the weekends, and then back into it again Monday morning.

I usually have 2 eggs for breakfast.

Does anyone count carbs? How many grams of carbs do you try to stick to?

I aim for around 20g of carbs a day but it's hard.

I dont track, purely because it sends me nuts. And im pretty confident that with my portion sizes and my food choices that im not consuming too much. when i lost all that weight i was having around 40g of carbs a day from fruits and vegetables and my yogurt. 20 is full on! Id exceed that just with my yogurt and my protein shake.

I hope you dont mind me commenting, how is it all going for you? I only ask because It takes around 48 hours of no/low carbing to reach ketosis, so if you go off track on weekends it then takes another two days to reach ketosis which is your body burning fat stores, so if u do the math you're only giving yourself 3 days out of the week to really burn fat. Is it working for you tho? If so then thats awesome, im extremely carb sensitive so it just doesnt end up working for me unfortunately.
    Last edited by Zombie_eyes; 16-06-2014 at 08:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    I dont track, purely because it sends me nuts. And im pretty confident that with my portion sizes and my food choices that im not consuming too much. when i lost all that weight i was having around 40g of carbs a day from fruits and vegetables and my yogurt. 20 is full on! Id exceed that just with my yogurt and my protein shake.

I hope you dont mind me commenting, how is it all going for you? I only ask because It takes around 48 hours of no/low carbing to reach ketosis, so if you go off track on weekends it then takes another two days to reach ketosis which is your body burning fat stores, so if u do the math you're only giving yourself 3 days out of the week to really burn fat. Is it working for you tho? If so then thats awesome, im extremely carb sensitive so it just doesnt end up working for me unfortunately.
    Hi ZE, I used low carb to lose my baby weight last year. I started by cutting out obvious carbs like bread, pasta etc. That worked well for a while, then when I hit a plateau, i looked a bit closer at the amount of carbs I was eating and I cut right down on dairy (mainly milk in coffee and tea) and also on sauces, such as bbq sauce (which i now call sugar sauce!) and that was effective. I got to 55kg in December but since then I have crept back up to 57/58kg. I would like to go sub 55kg again.

It's funny you mention ketosis, I have been researching that topic and I agree that from what i have read, it takes around 2 or 3 days to get into ketosis and then I go and ruin it by having a cheat day. So my aim this week is to try and get into ketosis asap and then to stay in it for as long as i can without a cheat day.

I am going to cut out milk in my tea and coffee and write down everything I eat. I agree with you, 20g of carbs is full on! It's hard to stick to but its a number that has worked for me in the past.

So far today I have had 3 eggs, scrambled and a black coffee.

Im up to 2g of carbs.

How is everyone else going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I drink a bit of coffee and use whole milk. DH has low fat milk but I can't drink it, it's gross it makes the coffee taste anemic and sugary.

What's everyone's thoughts on stevia? I don't have a lot of sugar, only 1 teaspoon in my coffee but wondering if I should make the switch?

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you have milk and 1 teaspoon sugar in your coffee you could be having about 10g carbs in each cup. That's a lot of carbs.

There are lots of carbs in dairy. I found when I cut right down on milk, I lost weight.

I use equal instead of sugar.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is perfect timing as I started mine last week! Have dropped 1kg. Hoping to lose 3kgs by August.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky_duck For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (16-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Theres 10g of carbs in 200ml of light milk that i use for my protein shake, but considering i eat low gi veggies, i dont really make up my carbs otherwise.

Well gals this was my lunch; oven baked chicken fajiatahs with tomato and a lil bit of light cheese

My mouth is on fire! I made them so spicy eeeep, usually the tortilla helps balance it. Youch!