Closed Thread
Page 37 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm not planning on having fruit. However I just made this with a sprinkle of crushed frozen raspberries...

image.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Hi sorry to crash I'm not currently doing lo carb and as I'm vegetarian not entirely sure how I'd it anyway but putting that to one side I was hoping someone could answer my question. I have known a few people years ago who have done lo carb and had fantastic results but once they resume eating normally the weight goes back on.

That was a long time ago when lo card first became popular and tbh I haven't known anyone do it for a few years. How do you approach the diet? Is it just a kick start to dramatic weight loss and then you stay at your goal weight through just eating less generally?

I am genuinely interested as it would take a lot for me to do lo carb as I don't eat red meat at all and I'm not sure how you do it long term anyway?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    Stick with meat, eggs, cheese and green veggies and you will be fine. Avoid yoghurt, milk, and fruit. Drinks should be water, and sugar free soft drink. If you stick to it for a few weeks you should lose a fair bit of weight.

It's a good idea to start looking at nutrition labels on food. Look for how many grams of carbs there are in what you are eating.

Do you think you can stick to eating meat, cheese and eggs?
    Gah! It's not gonna be easy lol but I can do it. If I need any inspiration not to eat carbs I will head on down to the Target change rooms and check my thighs out under their fluorescent lighting lol. Only issue I have is that I'm actually allergic to cheese :/. If I eat loads of salad with stuff I could probably get through it ok. Are tomatoes ok to eat?

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Hi sorry to crash I'm not currently doing lo carb and as I'm vegetarian not entirely sure how I'd it anyway but putting that to one side I was hoping someone could answer my question. I have known a few people years ago who have done lo carb and had fantastic results but once they resume eating normally the weight goes back on.

That was a long time ago when lo card first became popular and tbh I haven't known anyone do it for a few years. How do you approach the diet? Is it just a kick start to dramatic weight loss and then you stay at your goal weight through just eating less generally?

I am genuinely interested as it would take a lot for me to do lo carb as I don't eat red meat at all and I'm not sure how you do it long term anyway?
    It would depend on what kind of eating you go back to and if you can eat in moderation. A lot of people that regain, regain because they get their first hit of sugar/carbs again after such a long time without it and then it sets off a pattern of over indulgence again.

I have maintained in the past by increasing carbs but through veggies and fruit. Avoiding most processed carbs.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (22-06-2014)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Im not over the top with just eating eggs tho, i make my meals interesting and have left overs the next day, so i dont feel like ill be going from one extreme to anything else. This is just how im actually meant to eat after the surgery ive had.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    It would depend on what kind of eating you go back to and if you can eat in moderation. A lot of people that regain, regain because they get their first hit of sugar/carbs again after such a long time without it and then it sets off a pattern of over indulgence again.

I have maintained in the past by increasing carbs but through veggies and fruit. Avoiding most processed carbs.

I agree. I'm not planning on returning to what my diet was before I started. For me it's a kick start to recalibrate bad habits. My plan is to stick to the below 20g for 2 weeks and then gradually reintroduce some fruit and veg and stick to it as my "normal" eating. I can see how rehitting sugar and carbs is a slippery slope, it's easy when you don't eat them at all.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post

I lost all my baby weight last year and got to my goal weight in December. In the following 6 months I put back on 2 kilos. This was because I started eating copious amounts of chocolate again (my nemesis)

My short term plan is to be very strict on carbs and lose 2 or 3 kilos, then ease up a little bit and increase the carbs and try and maintain my weight loss.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraB View Post
    Gah! It's not gonna be easy lol but I can do it. If I need any inspiration not to eat carbs I will head on down to the Target change rooms and check my thighs out under their fluorescent lighting lol. Only issue I have is that I'm actually allergic to cheese :/. If I eat loads of salad with stuff I could probably get through it ok. Are tomatoes ok to eat?
    Are you allergic to all cheeses? Goats cheese etc?

1 tomato has about 5 grams of carbs.

If you want to know how many grams of carbs any food contains, google is your friend.

Vegetables that are high in carbs and best avoided are:

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    I think for people at the very end of their journey with only a few kilos to go they have to be incredibly strict and go to lengths others dont to shift the last bit.

When i had got to my last 5 it was near impossible to budge. So i understand fruit not being a possibility for TeBe at this stage

But for people not at that last stage, an apple isnt going to hinder their success
    I totally agree. I started by just cutting out breads, potatoes etc but as I got closer to my goal weight I had to be more and more strict.

It is influenced by many factors, such as how heavy you are, as to how many carbs you can consume in a day and still lose weight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I guess that's right. the people I know who did it just returned to the same eating habits as before so naturally the weight went back on.