Closed Thread
Page 22 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    I had the worst night, kids projectile vomiting a baby who wouldnt sleep from 3.40 onwards etc. coulda just crammed some toast in my gob to satisfy emotional carby needs but instead cooked an egg, some mushrooms and some ham.

*winning*

I'll have a Tuna salad for lunch and a beef casserole for dinner which isnt too high in carbs.

If i need a snack ill have a protein shake, half milk half water again.
    Sorry to hear you had a bad night. Nice work staying on track with the eating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My plan for today

scrambled eggs and coffee
    salmon and veggies from the japanese takeaway
    Slow roasted pork belly

I bought some prosciutto to snack on as well.

So I weighed myself this morning, I know its a terrible habit to weigh myself every day but its hard to break.

The good news is that i was 57.0kg so I lost half a kilo since yesterday. I think I must be in ketosis, so hopefully the weight keeps coming off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    http://authoritynutrition.com/20-mai...yths-debunked/

Enjoyed reading this. It seems we are on the right track. Low fat high carb isn't proven to work, and high fat foods aren't the monsters we think them to be... oh and coffee is good for us
    Thanks for posting, interesting read.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh forgot to mention I weighed in this morning, 5.5kg down now in total still a long long way to go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Wow TeBe that's fast weight loss. I've lost half a kilo in 2 days but I'm pretty sure I didn't hit ketosis until yesterday.

I feel awesome. I don't have that sluggish gross full feeling from the carbs, I have so much energy despite being below 30g of carbs every day. I'm not hungry. At all. Until 10 mins ago I had nothing but a black coffee all day, I was in the hairdressers 2 hours and come home and thought yeah I had better eat.

My only concern is are my cals too low? I'm averaging 700 a day. If I stick to my set dinner it's 418 cals today. I don't feel starved at all though I feel full. Should I push myself to eat?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

TeBe  (19-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow TeBe that's fast weight loss. I've lost half a kilo in 2 days but I'm pretty sure I didn't hit ketosis until yesterday.

I feel awesome. I don't have that sluggish gross full feeling from the carbs, I have so much energy despite being below 30g of carbs every day. I'm not hungry. At all. Until 10 mins ago I had nothing but a black coffee all day, I was in the hairdressers 2 hours and come home and thought yeah I had better eat.

My only concern is are my cals too low? I'm averaging 700 a day. If I stick to my set dinner it's 418 cals today. I don't feel starved at all though I feel full. Should I push myself to eat?
    From what I have read, it is important to have a fair amount of fats in your diet when doing low carb. I add butter to my scrambled eggs in the morning for that reason, and snacking on cheese helps too.

Might be a good idea to add in a few more snacks.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

delirium  (19-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I'm having salad with a few boiled eggs for dinner, so I might beef up the cheese I put in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PipersMummy View Post
    Oh forgot to mention I weighed in this morning, 5.5kg down now in total still a long long way to go
    Nice work on the weight loss.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    Nice work on the weight loss.
    Thanks feeling a bit hungry today which is weird, I just has a boiled egg and some cheese and a big glass of
    Water so hopefully that helps stave it off

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

For me, i was in restricted calories around 600-700 a day and lost weight for around 9 months. Then my body adapted to that being the norm for me and my health suffered dramatically. As well as i couldnt drop another kilo even tho i was eating that small amount and spending 1-2 hours at the gym every day It took a long time to repair the metabolic damaged i had caused by eating more for about a yr so my body would adapt to that being my norm again. And in the process i gained approx 6 kilos.

I wouldnt go that low for an extended amount of time again, cause regaining is cruel for me. Short term go for it