+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Small pram/stroller recommendations

So we popped the capsule in the car today ready for bubs arrival and got DS1 to sit in the back row of seats and get in and out with our old pram in there and it has been a great pram but of course is quite bulky let alone heavy to lift up into the boot of our bigger car.

Have been doing some surfing and so far have come across the following prams. This is definitely our last child so I don't want to spend a fortune and need something that folds down to be narrower, possibly even umbrella style.

* Hipod i-fold stroller
    * Maclaren BMW stroller
    * Steelcraft Agile Stroller
    * Valco Baby Snap Stroller

They all seem to be around the $300 mark. Wondering if I can pick up a good one second-hand too perhaps.

Are there any others I should consider? Does one of these fair better than the others?

Easy maneouvrability would be great as I also have toddler's hands to hold and ability to go on uneven ground for school pick up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    So we popped the capsule in the car today ready for bubs arrival and got DS1 to sit in the back row of seats and get in and out with our old pram in there and it has been a great pram but of course is quite bulky let alone heavy to lift up into the boot of our bigger car.

Have been doing some surfing and so far have come across the following prams. This is definitely our last child so I don't want to spend a fortune and need something that folds down to be narrower, possibly even umbrella style.

* Hipod i-fold stroller
    * Maclaren BMW stroller
    * Steelcraft Agile Stroller
    * Valco Baby Snap Stroller

They all seem to be around the $300 mark. Wondering if I can pick up a good one second-hand too perhaps.

Are there any others I should consider? Does one of these fair better than the others?

Easy maneouvrability would be great as I also have toddler's hands to hold and ability to go on uneven ground for school pick up.
    Ok I have a very small hatch back and 2 cars seats the pram I found best was the steelcraft agile plus I sold mine second hand for $220 so u should be able to pick one up cheap. Has a few more handy features than the standard agile. What capsule do u have? Do u want to use it on your pram? I also owned the hipod ifold and it was a good cheapy too but since its the same price as the agile new id go for the better brand.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LiterallyNoOne For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (15-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you. I'll pop over to gumtree and ebay and see if I can find any decent 2nd hand ones.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

LiterallyNoOne  (15-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I just wanted to say I have the agile. Been using it for 18 months and have no negatives. It's been great.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (15-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the agile plus and had nothing but problems with it.

Ending up buying a baby jogger city gt and we love it!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Curby For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (15-06-2014)

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Mountain Buggy brought out their travel pram recently, the nano. Folds up tiny, you can take it as carry on luggage when flying. Pretty sure you can attach a capsule, and mountain buggies are pretty indestructible. If DS tolerated prams at all well I'd be getting one. Please get one then tell me all about it, so I can live my pram fantasy through you...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

LiterallyNoOne  (15-06-2014),Little Ted  (15-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have the ifold and it's the same as the agile except it's a 3 wheeler and re branded for target. I was going to get the agile then found out the ifold is the same and got it on sale for $180 which was cheaper than the agile at the time.

I ordered the capsule adapters from britax so we can use the steelcraft cruiser capsule in it.

I find it's sturdy and super easy to push one handed. It's also really easy to fold.
    Dd1 can still fit comfortably in it at 3.

I haven't used the bmw, but have used another maclaren and they're not even a good comparison to the agile/ifold. They're harder to steer and aren't as good for a decent walk.

ETA we've had it for about 18 months and no issues with it
    Last edited by atomicmama; 15-06-2014 at 21:26.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

LiterallyNoOne  (15-06-2014),Little Ted  (15-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
    Mountain Buggy brought out their travel pram recently, the nano. Folds up tiny, you can take it as carry on luggage when flying. Pretty sure you can attach a capsule, and mountain buggies are pretty indestructible. If DS tolerated prams at all well I'd be getting one. Please get one then tell me all about it, so I can live my pram fantasy through you...
    You made me laugh and now DH wants to know. He just went out into the cold the brave man to measure the width of our old one - it is nearly 700mm wide and the wheels are very big so we can't fit it behind the seats standing up either unless we take them off...which is then very time consuming. Would be nice if there was a stand-out, reliable, never failing option. Will check out your rec. Thank you!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga  (15-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    What pram do u currently have just out of curiosity lol

Me + DP 01.03.2010 = DD 22.02.2011 + DS 20.01.2014 = <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    I have the ifold and it's the same as the agile except it's a 3 wheeler and re branded for target. I was going to get the agile then found out the ifold is the same and got it on sale for $180 which was cheaper than the agile at the time.

I ordered the capsule adapters from britax so we can use the steelcraft cruiser capsule in it.

I find it's sturdy and super easy to push one handed. It's also really easy to fold.
    Dd1 can still fit comfortably in it at 3.

I haven't used the bmw, but have used another maclaren and they're not even a good comparison to the agile/ifold. They're harder to steer and aren't as good for a decent walk.

ETA we've had it for about 18 months and no issues with it
    I read somewhere that the hipod bought the design off one of the other companies but couldn't remember which one. Might have to take a trip to Target and check them out. Would be nice to snag a sale when buying our next pram.