+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Huge hugs! Your posts reminds me a lot of my family situation, especially after the birth of our second. It hit us all hard dh wasn't himself and ds almost 3 at the time became resentful of us but was smitten with his new baby sister but was acting out big time. Dh and I fought so much but for us it was just trying to adjust to our new family dynamics and with time and experience we got back on track.
    He also could be depressed or any number of things stressing him out, hopefully he lets you in soon and it's something you can work on together good luck.

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Seconding what pp have said regarding depression.

Would also remind him that putting the full responsibility of his work/promotion stress, family life etc onto you and your kids is not fair and definitely NOT acceptable. I'd worry that he'd blame you and the kids if he's not promoted, and it would be hard to continue to shoulder the weight you are without developing serious resentment that needs to be worked on when/if his problems are resolved.

My DP was an ******** before and after DS was born. I supported him and dsds, letting me and DS be put last. Things are better with DP, but now I can't find it in me to forgive or care about our relationship. Seems like a waste after everything we've already been through.

I hope he's in a better place soon, but don't forget to look out for your needs too. Hugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. We had a big chat this afternoon whilst kids napped and nutted a few things out.

Not sure on how to approach potential depression with him though but I have thought of that too.

As far as how I'm going? Not sure, time just seems to disappear and I just feel too tired and flat.

Stress will only be short term as its been something DH has been working towards for a while now, its just gotten worse with house/toddler/baby stresses. Let alone the lack of affection and loneliness we have both been feeling.

greengables is offline love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.. love never fails.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissEm View Post
    Thanks everyone. We had a big chat this afternoon whilst kids napped and nutted a few things out.
    keep doing this. that's why i suggested regular date nights. keep talking. keep communicating and listening to each other. nurture your relationship and friendship. you can do this!