+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by olismumma View Post
    Subbing I just bought sophie guidolins ebook last night on clean eating on Living social. Plan on buying iqs book too. Look forward to hearing some tips/recipes. I am a sugar addict so fingers crossed to me lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

I'm a big sweet tooth so it is a massive adjustment for me to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] RaryGirl View Post
    I'd love the link please! I've only just started so hopefully it is just me trying to adjust.
    http://comfybelly.com/2011/06/fluffy.../#.U50e1_mSzD8

These are the cupcakes. I use rice malt syrup instead of honey though, if it still wasn't sweet enough you could try adding stevia.

I also make a banana bread from her site as well, it is really yum. Here is the link http://comfybelly.com/2012/03/banana.../#.U50exPmSzD8. My girls don't like this but they can not stand bananas

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PomPoms For This Useful Post:

Mod-RaryGirl  (15-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That banana bread sounds delicious. I'll be trying that one.

Anzac biscuits turned out well ... used the almond meal instead of plain flour. Definitely not as sweet as the ones I usually make but not bitter like yesterday's cake

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-RaryGirl For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (15-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I also made Bliss Balls but not a hit with the kids ... see what DH thinks later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I found a fair few things in the IQS books not really to my liking, which is why I started just playing with stuff to create my own recipes. Most 'normal' recipes can be substituted to make them low sugar/sugar free. In baking, I prefer to use Natvia in place of sugar (ratio is 2/3, so if it says 1 tablespoon of sugar, use 2/3 tablespoon natvia) instead of stevia. I find stevia is quite bitter and has a funny aftertaste.

I make really fast individual chocolate fudgy cakes with sugar free custard that everyone loves. It's using a microwave (I know some people get all funny about microwave cooking) and it does have some dark 70% chocolate in it. It is so good I do use custard powder to make the custard because this is my 'super fast I must have dessert this minute or I will die' cake and there's just no time to make egg custard from scratch. Let me know if you want the recipe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    I found a fair few things in the IQS books not really to my liking, which is why I started just playing with stuff to create my own recipes. Most 'normal' recipes can be substituted to make them low sugar/sugar free. In baking, I prefer to use Natvia in place of sugar (ratio is 2/3, so if it says 1 tablespoon of sugar, use 2/3 tablespoon natvia) instead of stevia. I find stevia is quite bitter and has a funny aftertaste.

I make really fast individual chocolate fudgy cakes with sugar free custard that everyone loves. It's using a microwave (I know some people get all funny about microwave cooking) and it does have some dark 70% chocolate in it. It is so good I do use custard powder to make the custard because this is my 'super fast I must have dessert this minute or I will die' cake and there's just no time to make egg custard from scratch. Let me know if you want the recipe.
    Just wondering what do you use instead of flour in your chocolate cake things?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PomPoms For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (15-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't. We don't eat sugar but I don't subscribe to the "paleo way" that Sarah from IQS has seemed to go recently. It definitely wasn't about that when she started it. It's my understanding that she is gluten intolerant and that's why a lot of her recipes are gluten free, but that wasn't a part of IQS. Suddenly she has seemed to have decided paleo is the way to go. I see way too many holes in the beliefs surrounding paleo diets, but everyone should do what they feel is right for them of course. I don't believe in no grains or the 'paleo' style diet, we just believe in eating real food. Vegetables we grow, eggs our chickens lay and as much fresh stuff as we can buy. I'm not draconian about it though, sometimes we use something from a box (like custard powder or packet oats) With regards to flour, I usually use whole grain flour and sometimes spelt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We avoid wheat due to carb content rather than eating 'paleo'. That said I do cook a lot of paleo recipes as many are low carb. I eat rice occasionally and have found a yummy porridge alternative for winter.

Paleo diet includes some things that I wouldn't eat in any case e.g organ meat. We also haven't cut out dairy products and eat full fat dairy only.

For flour etc I use coconut flour, almond meal and flaxseed meal. I have some buckwheat flour in the cupboard but don't use it a lot.

In the end I think whatever works for your household is best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Love Christine and full fat and more fat all the way baby. Butter is my friend. Oh so is crackling

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Mod-RaryGirl  (15-06-2014),PomPoms  (15-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerilee View Post
    We avoid wheat due to carb content rather than eating 'paleo'. That said I do cook a lot of paleo recipes as many are low carb. I eat rice occasionally and have found a yummy porridge alternative for winter.

Paleo diet includes some things that I wouldn't eat in any case e.g organ meat. We also haven't cut out dairy products and eat full fat dairy only.

For flour etc I use coconut flour, almond meal and flaxseed meal. I have some buckwheat flour in the cupboard but don't use it a lot.

In the end I think whatever works for your household is best
    Completely agree. Ive never been a one size fits all diet type person, got to find what works best for you

I've cooked a couple of things with coconut flour, I find it a little bit difficult though since you have to use so many eggs. Ok in the Summer when the chickens are laying 7 eggs a day though and I made a great carrot cake with almond meal, that reminds me, I got quite a few recipes from a website called 'Sugar Free Kids' have you seen it? They have some really yummy things and lots of them use flour alternatives (or tell you how you can replace the flour etc)

What's your porridge alternative?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (15-06-2014)