+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Who follows the 'Fat Revolution' or 'I Quit Sugar' regime?

With a child (well teenager now) whose body has never coped well with sugar we've always tried to reduce the added sugar intake, but as DD has got older I've slackened off.

Reading both of these books, I really like the concepts and ideas, so we're doing it!

I'd love to share tips and ideas with others that follow the same sugar free ideas.

Anyone with me?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We do My kids are a little younger than yours though (just about 7 and 10).

With the girls we keep sugar free at home, when we are out I don't push it. They now are aware of how much sugar is in different foods and make better choices on their own. My DD10 now works out how many teaspoons of sugar are in different foods by reading the labels and dividing by 4.

I have The Fat Revolution recipe book which has been great, although I think I can find enough recipes online and didn't need to by the book.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PomPoms For This Useful Post:

Mod-RaryGirl  (15-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm starting to cut sugar out of my diet. I have a couple of the 'I quit sugar' books and the recipes I've tried have all been amazing!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Curby For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm about to make these Anzac biscuits, but I'm going to substitute the flour for almond meal as suggested by someone in the comments. Anzac biscuits are a big hit in my house, so I hope these hit the spot.

I made the Fat Revoluations chocolate cake yesterday and it was so very bitter ... threw it all in the bin (huge waste of money )

Thanks
    Reviews
    We do the no sugar thing We make most things from scratch anyway and I discovered a couple of years ago that cutting out sugar really helped my irregular heartbeat.

I got the IQS books when they came out and have lots of little recipes I've invented for us. We just do it without thinking because anything sugary tastes horrible and artificial to us now

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (15-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing I just bought sophie guidolins ebook last night on clean eating on Living social. Plan on buying iqs book too. Look forward to hearing some tips/recipes. I am a sugar addict so fingers crossed to me lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] RaryGirl View Post
    I'm about to make these Anzac biscuits, but I'm going to substitute the flour for almond meal as suggested by someone in the comments. Anzac biscuits are a big hit in my house, so I hope these hit the spot.
    I made the Fat Revoluations chocolate cake yesterday and it was so very bitter ... threw it all in the bin (huge waste of money )
    There is a chocolate cupcake recipe on Comfy Belly, I can get the link for you if you like. It is really yum, the kids liked it even before their tastes had adjusted. Now that they are sensitive to sweet they find these cupcakes really sweet.

How long have you been doing low/no sugar? The cake probably won't taste any good until your taste buds have adjusted. I started before the rest of our family and for a while they hated anything I cooked that I thought was just right.

An example of my taste change is I used to only drink sweet desert wines anything else was just disgusting. I can now drink a dry red and I think it tastes pretty good, this was a huge thing for me

It takes about 2-6 weeks or so for your taste buds to adjust.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started quitting sugar juwt by accident because I wasnt well.. then when I had a coke I could only handle about 4 sips. I was so suprised how sweet it tasted! So pleasantly suprised so now im on the hunt for sugar free recipes for treats to bake for ds and I to still have a treat but maybe substituting the sugar in slices and cakes for something else..

12. The Following User Says Thank You to pisang For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerilee View Post
    There is a chocolate cupcake recipe on Comfy Belly, I can get the link for you if you like. It is really yum, the kids liked it even before their tastes had adjusted. Now that they are sensitive to sweet they find these cupcakes really sweet.

How long have you been doing low/no sugar? The cake probably won't taste any good until your taste buds have adjusted. I started before the rest of our family and for a while they hated anything I cooked that I thought was just right.

An example of my taste change is I used to only drink sweet desert wines anything else was just disgusting. I can now drink a dry red and I think it tastes pretty good, this was a huge thing for me

It takes about 2-6 weeks or so for your taste buds to adjust.
    I'd love the link please! I've only just started so hopefully it is just me trying to adjust.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by pisang View Post
    I started quitting sugar juwt by accident because I wasnt well.. then when I had a coke I could only handle about 4 sips. I was so suprised how sweet it tasted! So pleasantly suprised so now im on the hunt for sugar free recipes for treats to bake for ds and I to still have a treat but maybe substituting the sugar in slices and cakes for something else..
    Check out the 'I quit sugar' website, she has lots of free recipes.