Closed Thread
Page 97 of 102 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue77 View Post
    Hi ladies.. I hope you don't mind me joining your thread.. I can relate my ivf journey to many of you and I was told by someone at another thread that many of the ladies here have done genetic testing of there embryos (CGH or SNP array ). I wanted some answers in relation to that.

My ivf journey

started ivf 2010 at Melbourne ivf did from the first stimulated cycle got pregnNt twice but miscarried due to random chromosomal abnormalities.

Fs advised to do pgd to avoid miscarriages. Did 2 more rounds which created 3 more embryos at day 3 .. Did pgd cgh testing. All abnormal

last year on the advice of many friends , shifted to monash ivf with. Dr lynn Burmeister. She did 2 stimulated cycles which resulted in 4 hatching blastocysts ( we never made it to blastocyst stage earlier) Dr lynn burmeister is really good at testing everything under the sun and trying new things. The 4 blastocysts were sent to the U.S for pgd testing which is called snp array and it's very comprehensive. We got 2 perfectly normal healthy embryos and 2 came back with inconclusive results.

We were very happy to have two normals . In the past 3 months I have had 2 FETs with these normal embryos and unfortunately both have resulted in a bfn. I got my second bfn today. And my doctor also had me on a very aggressive protocol to rule out any implantation issues( which I don't have she said as I have fallen pregnant twice). Just don't know what else can me or my doctor do. In a complete state of shock after hoping for a positive result as the success rate jumps up if you transfer a chromosomally normal embryo. All my bad embies decided to stick and these perfectly normal embies didn't implant. How ironical ! Could there be any other reason? If any of you ladies have had any near to similar experiences , can you please guide me through... Really looking forward for some support and success stories from this lovely group.
    Hi @Sue77 and welcome. It sounds like all the right things are being done. If your doc has you on an aggressive protocol to rule out implantation issues then I have no suggestions. Sounds like your doc is on top of it but you've been unlucky regardless

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, my scan started out well, lots of follicles on my right. Unfortunately, for the first time, my left has decided to be uncooperative producing just one.

I want good numbers as I have a 90% drop off from day1 to day6, so I need as close to 10 as I can get to get a blasty by day 5. I got 5 eggs last time (from both ovaries producing lots of follies) 3 fertilised and no blasties by day 5. Just 1 crappy morula that would have ended up in the bin on any other cycle. Previous cycles I got around 8 to 10 eggs.

Anyway, gripe over. Not sure if the trigger will be mon or tues. More waiting

Good luck ladies.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (14-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope things improve @Bongley - good luck. @emski72 I just had a sticky through your previous posts for the photo (I find searching in bh a nightmare so that was easier) and WOW WHAT A CUTIE !!!
    Congratulations again

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (14-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG I find bub hub so frustrating to use !! I actually work in I.T. but do you think I can work out how to search for something and actually find it ?!?!?! Somebody please tell me how to search for a forum - eg, I know there is one called 'over 40 and pregnant' but putting that in the search text, ticking 'forums', ticking 'title only' - still doesnt work Arrrrrrgggggggghghhhhhhhh
    Last edited by JulieMalooley; 14-11-2014 at 09:41. Reason: clarify

Thanks
    Reviews
    @emski72 she is just gorgeous! *sigh*

here's the link if anyone wants to have a gander:-

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...t=#post7999743
    @leyshoja yeah, it is a royal pain in the bum trying to search for anything

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hope they progress nicely over the weekend, amazing what a few days can do @Bongley, I'll be thinking of you.
    And @faithandhopellove @Chiefsgirl @Butterfly39 good luck with EPU today, fingers crossed for lots of lovely little eggs!! I will be waiting to hear how you all go. @emski72 my vote is for a pic as well, would love to see you precious little bub @leyshoja @MGCBertie @SpringRain hope the 2WW is treating you all well. @Precious40 is your FET today? Good luck, I would love to know the process behind it, as that's what I'm looking at next cycle (all going well with the eggs).

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (14-11-2014),Butterfly39  (14-11-2014),JulieMalooley  (14-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well the verdict is in we got 9 good looking eggs from our follies, some immatures and all from the left side. All the follies on the right were empty... which explains why the oestrogen didn't go crazy. Praying for good fert rate. Had a bit of a bleed during the procedure so BP dropped and I ended up staying for a few hours for some fluids. Feeling ok now. The FS also mentioned that my progesterone was rising already. He wants to freeze if we get one for an FET later. If we get more than one then he will put one back and freeze the others. I am thinking why not freeze them all? What do you think girls?

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @faithandhopellove great numbers!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (14-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much everyone who replied to my post. It means a lot. Chiefs girl .. My fs is Lynn burmeister and she does very extensive testing before she starts the cycle. She must have checked auto immune issues and she said even if I don't have those issues , she had me on prednisolone, clexane etc.. Just to rule out
    butterfly 39 ..I am 37.5 years old...have been on this roller coaster leading to nowhere from more than 4 years now...

I wish wish all the very best to all the girls in the tww or who are cycling.

congratulations Emski72!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (14-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sue77 I have been following a donor thread on another site where the quality of the embies is extremely good. A number of the ladies there share the same donor and I have been amazed that some get pregnant and some don't. Same egg donor, same sperm donor. Same grade embie. Same transfer date. But not the same result. The women waiting for donor eggs are all screened for anything that might impede implantation so they know it's not that. Some of them are over 50 so it's not an age thing either. What is it then? Probably just luck. The success rate in that program is 90%... but over 3 tries. The chance of getting pregnant from the first transfer it's just over 60%. Good odds but that still means some people won't be lucky. Odds of being pregnant after 2 attempts increase to over 80%. However that still means 2 out of 10 people in the program didn't get pregnant with perfect embies after 2 transfers. As you have been screened for implantation issues and your embies are good then maybe you are in this category.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by faithandhopellove; 14-11-2014 at 13:47.