Closed Thread
Page 96 of 102 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue77 View Post
    Hi ladies.. I hope you don't mind me joining your thread.. I can relate my ivf journey to many of you and I was told by someone at another thread that many of the ladies here have done genetic testing of there embryos (CGH or SNP array ). I wanted some answers in relation to that.

My ivf journey

started ivf 2010 at Melbourne ivf did from the first stimulated cycle got pregnNt twice but miscarried due to random chromosomal abnormalities.

Fs advised to do pgd to avoid miscarriages. Did 2 more rounds which created 3 more embryos at day 3 .. Did pgd cgh testing. All abnormal

last year on the advice of many friends , shifted to monash ivf with. Dr lynn Burmeister. She did 2 stimulated cycles which resulted in 4 hatching blastocysts ( we never made it to blastocyst stage earlier) Dr lynn burmeister is really good at testing everything under the sun and trying new things. The 4 blastocysts were sent to the U.S for pgd testing which is called snp array and it's very comprehensive. We got 2 perfectly normal healthy embryos and 2 came back with inconclusive results.

We were very happy to have two normals . In the past 3 months I have had 2 FETs with these normal embryos and unfortunately both have resulted in a bfn. I got my second bfn today. And my doctor also had me on a very aggressive protocol to rule out any implantation issues( which I don't have she said as I have fallen pregnant twice). Just don't know what else can me or my doctor do. In a complete state of shock after hoping for a positive result as the success rate jumps up if you transfer a chromosomally normal embryo. All my bad embies decided to stick and these perfectly normal embies didn't implant. How ironical ! Could there be any other reason? If any of you ladies have had any near to similar experiences , can you please guide me through... Really looking forward for some support and success stories from this lovely group.
    thanks ladies for all your well wishes. As always so thankful to have the support of you all! Xxxx. DH frustrating me, he spilled coffee all over me on the way out then I drove too fast over potholes on the dirt road on the way out of our place and spilled it on him lol. Then complaining sock is too tight and luckily has now gone to sleep on plane :/.

sue how frustrating ? I've also had a non pgd expanded blasty that went nowhere. how many years young are you ?
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 14-11-2014 at 05:50.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

Sue77  (14-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi girls, just reporting in as our long awaited baby Edith (Edie) May was born at 10.14pm wed 12/11/14 at 35w2d after 12 hours of induction that went nowhere. I was induced due to pre-eclampsia, born via c section weighing 2.3kgs, she is in special care for observation as her breathing is a little labored and blood sugar needs monitoring due to my GD, but otherwise she is perfect. Let me know if you're happy for me to post a piccie of the little button, if not there's one on the egg donation in SA thread.

Em xx

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (14-11-2014),Butterfly39  (14-11-2014),faithandhopellove  (14-11-2014),JulieMalooley  (14-11-2014),MGC Bertie  (14-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Emski. Such a nice boost to our group.

AFM DH is driving me nuts worrying about which shirt he will wear. Just told him to get a move on. EPU in just over an hour with a 40 min drive in traffic.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (14-11-2014),MGC Bertie  (14-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats @emski not sure about the other ladies, but I'd love to see a pic!
    @faithandhopellove gosh it sounds hectic between your and @Butterfly39 's preparation today. Good luck to both of you!

Afm we're in the car in typical sydney peak hr traffic, sat nav says we'll get there in time, although with DH driving you never know - nana!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (14-11-2014),MGC Bertie  (14-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Hi girls, just reporting in as our long awaited baby Edith (Edie) May was born at 10.14pm wed 12/11/14 at 35w2d after 12 hours of induction that went nowhere. I was induced due to pre-eclampsia, born via c section weighing 2.3kgs, she is in special care for observation as her breathing is a little labored and blood sugar needs monitoring due to my GD, but otherwise she is perfect. Let me know if you're happy for me to post a piccie of the little button, if not there's one on the egg donation in SA thread.

Em xx

Wow, massive congratulations @emski72 !! You must be so thrilled. AFM I'd love to see a photo....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its a big day today for a few of you guys, waiting eagerly for some updates !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Bongley.... yes, sneaking that cooler bag around isn't easy. I never used to take a cooler bag to work, so when I'd pick my drugs up in the morning, I had to just start pretending my lunch was in it. Until the first time I needed the huge esky (lots of drugs!!) and thought that no-one was going to believe that my cheese sandwich needed that much cooling. With a bit of imagination I pretended that I was going to the deli after work to stock up for a special lunch!! The lies I have told in the past three years :-))

Petal... congrats on 6 fertilized embies - that sounds very promosing. Hope there's some nice ones at the end of 5 days.

Butterfly, Chiehfsgirl and Faith... good luck on EPU tomorrow. Will be checking in to see how you all went. Best of luck xx

SpringRain.. thanks for thinking of me. Not POAS actually keeps me sane, as I just do it on the morning of the BT, so I don't fret about it the rest of the time. However, I'm 5dp5dt and like always, I haven't felt a thing, so think this is going to be the same as all the others. I'm actually surprised by the amount of injections (Clexane, Neupogen and Pregnyl), strong meds (Dex) and progesterone pessaries twice a day that I'm taking, that I still don't feel anything different!! You would at least think those things would have some impact, but no!
    @MGC Bertie, I'm 11dpo today too and not feeling any different either - except for the lack of caffeine - but I never felt any different last time I was UTD either and was shocked to get the BFP, so I'm not stressing yet.. Still getting BFN's but still waaaay early

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    @MGC Bertie, I'm 11dpo today too and not feeling any different either - except for the lack of caffeine - but I never felt any different last time I was UTD either and was shocked to get the BFP, so I'm not stressing yet.. Still getting BFN's but still waaaay early
    I'm willing that second line to pop up for you in the next few days @leyshoja! When will you use the Frer?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (14-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post

Em xx

warmest most hearty congratulations to you and DH.

To quote Casablanca, ' this is going to be the beginning of a beautiful friendship'!

*** all pics most appreciated! ***

are you requiring extra care yourself for the pre eclampsia? How r u feeling.

Well done. So pleased for you. Here's looking at you, kid! Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    I'm willing that second line to pop up for you in the next few days @leyshoja! When will you use the Frer?
    Hmm, I'm thinking Sunday. If I go by last pregnancy, I will get the positive on Monday, but that one was very low HCG so I think 1 day earlier is reasonable for a BFP?