Closed Thread
Page 94 of 102 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Hello everyone - I'm meant to be writing school reports right now, so sorry for only being able to have a quick skim. I will have to go back and re-read everything next week when reports are done. Congrats on great egg numbers, good luck for those going to EPU, Leyshoja... POAS addict!!! I'm taking Pregnyl so no POAS until morning of BT!!
    @MGC Bertie another week to go! Argh, that would kill me if I couldn't POAS.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (13-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so now I'm worried I screwed everything up! I had to take my last doses of lucrin and gonal f tonight before my trigger. I bent the bloody lucrin needle so put it all back in the btl (and I'm down to not much after 28 doses) and I thought I had drawn more up, but when i depressed the plunger I couldn't feel anything! I called the after hours and the dr said to just do another dose, that it wdn't matter if I did end up having two doses.

But now I'm not so sure, what if it stops the trigger working??

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (14-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Chiefsgirl I'm sure the doc knows best and I would have thought the trigger is enough to overpower the lucrin. Synarel is used in a similar way as lucrin (I think from a quick google) and synarel can be used as a trigger which I never understood. In fact I think @Petal40 just mentioned that she did that today.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (12-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @Chiefsgirl I'm sure the doc knows best and I would have thought the trigger is enough to overpower the lucrin. Synarel is used in a similar way as lucrin (I think from a quick google) and synarel can be used as a trigger which I never understood. In fact I think @Petal40 just mentioned that she did that today.
    I did use synarel as a trigger, 4 sprays. I had to use it as I couldn't use anything with hcg in it due to my OHSS, it gives a surge of LH which causes ovulation. I live 1 1/2 hours drive from my FS, and when they called to change my trigger I had to get my hands on some synarel or lucrin, so they must work in the same way

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had luveris this cycle too. My LH was low this time around. Probably due to 3 months of Zolodex.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    Ok so now I'm worried I screwed everything up! I had to take my last doses of lucrin and gonal f tonight before my trigger. I bent the bloody lucrin needle so put it all back in the btl (and I'm down to not much after 28 doses) and I thought I had drawn more up, but when i depressed the plunger I couldn't feel anything! I called the after hours and the dr said to just do another dose, that it wdn't matter if I did end up having two doses.

But now I'm not so sure, what if it stops the trigger working??
    recall from your physiology that lucrin causes the pituitary to produce LH and FSH. Your LH surges massively prior to ovulation in your normal cycle.

The hcg trigger simply finishes off the maturation of the eggs and also triggers your ovaries to release them.

So with an increase of LH, in concert with your sudden dose of hcg, the two should work synergistically, not against one another. Hence the doctor isn't worried about a higher dose. He'd probably prefer you got too much than not enough.

oh and remember synarel is simply synthetic lupron (gnrh agonist). It downregulates the pituitary if given as constant pulses, like in a long protocol, so ovaries and LH secretion shuts down... but if given once as a trigger this necessitates using a GnRH antagonist (like orgalutran in a short protocol) instead of a GnRH agonist (ie synarel in a long) for suppression of spontaneous ovulation, because using GnRH agonist for that purpose inactivates the axis for which it is intended to work for final maturation induction.

its all about the pituitary.

rock on.
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 12-11-2014 at 23:24.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (13-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @Butterfly39 "Really Looking forward to the anaesthetist knocking me out." haha, yeah I know what you mean. I just went on a two day junket for work, hoiking around my IVF drugs in a cooler bag. It involved gambling (I don't gamble) and drinking (can't drink) and schmoozing (I hate small talk). I just thought, fast forward me to Christmas please. So the trifecta is Chiefs, Faith and You

omg that sounds like it would have been a huge challenge, you must have nerves of steel! All with ur dorky freezer bag. Tres chic. Really hard to look low key dragging that thing around and making mad dashes for refrigerators all the time.

Regarding being knocked out I think even a cricket bat to the head would be nice at this stage.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (13-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Out of the 8 eggs, 6 fertilised. Just have to wait until Monday to freeze, hopefully some make it until then. Normally I get 50% fert rate so I'm stoked
    Good luck to everyone else this week, it's a busy one!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (14-11-2014),faithandhopellove  (13-11-2014),JulieMalooley  (13-11-2014),MGC Bertie  (13-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Petal40 View Post
    Out of the 8 eggs, 6 fertilised. Just have to wait until Monday to freeze, hopefully some make it until then. Normally I get 50% fert rate so I'm stoked
    Good luck to everyone else this week, it's a busy one!
    @Petal40 yay! Great numbers. Fingers crossed a good number of those lovely little embies make it to monday. Got high hopes for november for us 40+ gals.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Petal40  (13-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Petal40 that's a great fert rate! Fx for lots still going strong on Monday!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Petal40  (13-11-2014)