Closed Thread
Page 84 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @leyshoja - I still have some frosties left, so will transfer them, and if no luck, then move on to DE.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (04-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's ok to question the decision.... Many get cold feet before important decisions...questioning important decisions is the mark of a wise person. It's funny, I work with babies all the time, I would happily take any of them home, they are all so warm and smell so good . You sound confident Leyshoja, you might just be grieving the loss of the dream of a genetic child. None of this is easy but be strong, feel the fear and apprehension, yet follow your heart and you will find happiness always.

And yes, you're carrying the baby of the man you love and without you, he could never have that child, and without you, that child could never exist. It's your womb that gives life. Look at the big picture. I am so happy you found a donor, what an amazing gift for a child that will be loved beyond belief.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (05-11-2014),SpringRain  (05-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    It's ok to question the decision.... Many get cold feet before important decisions...questioning important decisions is the mark of a wise person. It's funny, I work with babies all the time, I would happily take any of them home, they are all so warm and smell so good . You sound confident Leyshoja, you might just be grieving the loss of the dream of a genetic child. None of this is easy but be strong, feel the fear and apprehension, yet follow your heart and you will find happiness always.

And yes, you're carrying the baby of the man you love and without you, he could never have that child, and without you, that child could never exist. It's your womb that gives life. Look at the big picture. I am so happy you found a donor, what an amazing gift for a child that will be loved beyond belief.
    You hit the nail on the head @Butterfly39 - I'm mourning the loss of my genes.
    Here's some positive new though, just got the call - all 5 are good quality, so I'll end up with 4 good frosties as well (tfer 1 today at 11.30)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (05-11-2014),faithandhopellove  (05-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @leyshoja

Yeah, it is the loss of a dream. It does take time to process the 'whys and what ifs'... Life takes some strange twists and turns doesn't it.... Still envious of those people who go down the pub one night and come back home UTD . It's often a huge issue for them too though, oh the irony.

Well now it looks like you have a bit to play with some promising eggies there and especially with all those frosties! Woo! Excellent news!! Transfer is today? Well then, break a leg honey, the show must go on. Good luck, xxx
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 05-11-2014 at 08:47.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (05-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol, yep it seems the ones who don't try seem to fall easily ! I told DP to make sure this batch was healthy, intelligent and good looking - looks like he came good on the healthy part, hopefully he got the intelligent and good looking part right too Time will tell.. lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Good luck for transfer today leyshoja, we have a catch up in Melb if youre located here for those up the duff with donor eggs, if you're interested, we figure it will be good for kids conceived in this way to know other kids in the same situation as time goes on
    Em x

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Good luck for transfer today leyshoja, we have a catch up in Melb if youre located here for those up the duff with donor eggs, if you're interested, we figure it will be good for kids conceived in this way to know other kids in the same situation as time goes on
    Em x

Wow, that is a great idea !! Unfortunately no, I'm in Brisbane would have loved to be part of that though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I think the Brissy girls on the SA thread are talking about doing it too, will keep you posted.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @emski72, do you ever get to find out who your SA donor is or meet them, or is it completely anonymous forever ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    good luck today @leyshoja, great news about your embies

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post: