Closed Thread
Page 8 of 102 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, not doing so well, have really bad back pain, which means AF is coming, so looks like a BFN for me this cycle so facing a stim cycle again, am not due to have BT until Friday but think it will be here by then, am upset but trying to focus on the family - except we are catching up with friends on the weekend and one couple is 8 weeks off having their 3rd baby - which they didn't want....so its going to be hard for me to be cheerful....I don't like being a negative person but sometimes you just can't help it......ok enough venting......I too am having acupuncture and depending on what this cycle did, if we had to continue then we are working on stimulating the right ovary that seems not to produce any follicles....we too have cut out alcohol, caffeine and taking multivitamin and Co-Enzyme Q10 300mg a day. DH is on menivite too. My FS isn't too keen on herbs as they don't know how much they may affect the drugs we take during stimulation. Anyway will check in when I know what is happening with me. Good luck to all the girls on the TWW....xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof3boyz View Post
    Congrats on the PUPO - fingers crossed and baby dust

I've seen my acupuncturist and she's started me on some chinese herbs and weekly acupuncture. Its exciting to think its all beginning. She suggested we both cut out sugar, alcohol, caffeine, and that in addition to multivitamins, DP should start Menevit. What is everyones opinion with all these supplements?

My acupuncturist is thinking about herbs for me next round too. She is checking with a colleague though to make sure they don't interfere with the hormones the clinic gives me. My GP advised me to cut out alcohol and caffeine. I haven't quite managed to give up the coffee but I have cut back. The sugar I haven't heard much about except reading a post from a lady in the US who could only afford one round of IVF. She gave up sugar, alcohol, caffeine plus a whole bunch of other things (I can't remember them all) and also had 8 months of weekly acupuncture before her 1 attempt. And yes she was successful. A friend of mine gave up sugar last year and commented on how much more energy he had but after awhile he started to feel really down. He thinks the two are related but I'm not sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GnH View Post
    Hi everyone, not doing so well, have really bad back pain, which means AF is coming, so looks like a BFN for me this cycle so facing a stim cycle again, am not due to have BT until Friday but think it will be here by then, am upset but trying to focus on the family - except we are catching up with friends on the weekend and one couple is 8 weeks off having their 3rd baby - which they didn't want....so its going to be hard for me to be cheerful....I don't like being a negative person but sometimes you just can't help it......ok enough venting......I too am having acupuncture and depending on what this cycle did, if we had to continue then we are working on stimulating the right ovary that seems not to produce any follicles....we too have cut out alcohol, caffeine and taking multivitamin and Co-Enzyme Q10 300mg a day. DH is on menivite too. My FS isn't too keen on herbs as they don't know how much they may affect the drugs we take during stimulation. Anyway will check in when I know what is happening with me. Good luck to all the girls on the TWW....xox
    Bummer. Sending hugs your way.
    I had a more crampy pain yesterday and am now sure that AF is on her way. So sure that I took nurofen and didn't bother with the crinone yesterday. Poor DH had to listen to a very emotional rant last night but I am feeling better today. My clinic called me to remind me of the blood test on Friday and I told them I knew AF was coming but they want me to do the blood test anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    Pow! 42 days later....
    Back on the bandwagon! Start sniffing & jabbing tomorrow...
    ✨👶✨ baby dust to one & all 🙏

Thanks
    Reviews
    Biscotti71 - now you are off and running ! Good one, at least you can feel like you are doing something to get your dream. Hey out of interest what does of drugs are you on ? As I see you are ramping up the drugs this time ? My clinic is dead set against increasing dose past 300 on Gonal F as they do not believe that the increase dose increases the chance of eggs.....but can't help this nagging feeling that maybe its what I need to do, as last two cycles have been on 300....good luck.
    Last edited by GnH; 25-06-2014 at 17:06.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GnH For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (25-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best of luck Biscotti71, it's exciting starting a cycle!
    GnH, thought I'd just share my experience - I think it depends on your ovarian reserve a bit. My amh is less than 1, so very low and on my first cycle (350iu gonal f) I had one mature follie and 1 tiny one. They ramped up my drugs to 600iu gonal f and I still only got one mature follie and a couple of tiny ones that went nowhere. I cancelled the first cycle but this one I am going to egg collection Saturday as I think this is as good as it gets for my body (risky but the follie has grown well, my estragen levels have gone up and are at a good level and my lining is 7mm so I'm praying that means there is actually an egg in there).
    My FS said today, increasing the doses makes no difference with you and she was right. If you had a healthier amh than mine, maybe it would help.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (25-06-2014),faithandhopellove  (25-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Just a quick question for those of you who have taken Synarel waiting to start IVF but waiting till next cycle however FN rang up to see if we were going ahead this cycle she asked if I was coming to collect Synarel I told her I wasn't that we were waiting till next cycle and that AF had turned up she goes well you need to start Synarel on CD 20 so you couldn't have started anyway????

When does everyone else who takes Synarel start it in their cycle? I'm really confused now as FS had said to start taking when AF turned up. Interested to know when everyone else takes it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rotten day today. AF turned up late last night then this morning the endometriosis pain started. Usually I can manage it on neurofen and panadol (I have okayed the neurofen use with my FS) but today it went ballistic. Ended up in hospital on a drip having narcotics pumped into me. Finally got the pain under control and got out at 8:30 tonight. Looks like I will need some more surgery for the endo before starting another cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faithandhopellove View Post
    Rotten day today. AF turned up late last night then this morning the endometriosis pain started. Usually I can manage it on neurofen and panadol (I have okayed the neurofen use with my FS) but today it went ballistic. Ended up in hospital on a drip having narcotics pumped into me. Finally got the pain under control and got out at 8:30 tonight. Looks like I will need some more surgery for the endo before starting another cycle.
    Oh my gosh you poor thing, if the bfn and AF weren't bad enough ending up in hospital in that much pain must have been heartbreaking! Sending you lots of love and get well vibes xxxx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (25-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GnH View Post
    Biscotti71 - now you are off and running ! Good one, at least you can feel like you are doing something to get your dream. Hey out of interest what does of drugs are you on ? As I see you are ramping up the drugs this time ? My clinic is dead set against increasing dose past 300 on Gonal F as they do not believe that the increase dose increases the chance of eggs.....but can't help this nagging feeling that maybe its what I need to do, as last two cycles have been on 300....good luck.
    I have been on 450 gonal f since my first cycle and I have an amh of 1.5 (or did when I tested in nov 12). I have had my best egg. Umbels on long down cycles using bcp followed by lucrin then the gonal f. I used dhea and saizen this last time and got 7 eggs and 5 fertilised. 2 were put back. No frosties but I've never gotten frosties. I have also been on a regime of vitamins for months which I think have all contributed to better numbers and quality,