Closed Thread
Page 75 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Killarneygirl On a previous cycle I was told not to have bloods done until at least the day after AF arrived because the hormone levels don't drop straight away. The clinic advised me to have them done day 2 to 4.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, lurking but super busy... Sniffing now, not as crabby so far, I think doing back to back cycles must take it out of you and since I had a break I feel very refreshed so maybe that's it. So am on autopilot for long down reg and jabs starting end of month and epu round nov 12 if the stars align and the wind is blowing the right way etc etc. pondering whether I should do growth hormone again. Wda says he thinks it has no effect but has no objections. Also have read being maybe pcos it can push your hormones too far towards the androgen (male) end, as you're high already in pcos town. I've never been diagnosed pcos but just act suspiciously that way. Ideas anyone?
    I feel really disorganised this cycle. Garden looking good though and seemed to have developed a bad crumpet addiction. Where will it all end ? Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly I did my last two cycles back to back as fs recommended due to age. I got the feeling she wanted me to wind up after 43. Anyway got pregnant on that last one no 8. Did growth hormone during no 7 but don't think it made a difference to that cycle. Though there is one thing, I have a super strong very awake and overly alert baby, I mean she came out with eyes wide open checking me out and was able to hold her head up on her own. I can't help but wonder if all the vitamins contributed. Sometimes I think the hgh may have contributed to my 8th stim cycle. I often wonder if the hgh made that golden egg super strong and hence her strength.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girls, I lurk too. Good luck on your cycles!
    Last edited by Team panda; 21-10-2014 at 10:34.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (21-10-2014),MGC Bertie  (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly I start stimming next week and expect EPU around the 11th. It's a bit of a guess with EPU as were going slow on the stims this time.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi y'all. I'm a couple of weeks behind you guys @Butterfly39 & @faithandhopellove. Start sniffing next week. EPU nov 20th.
    @Butterfly39 Yeah, I don't know about the definition of PCOS because I think you can have polycystic ovaries but not the syndrome (like me). Then again a friend of mine was diagnosed PCOS but doesn't have that many follicles. She has irregular periods and hair growth. Buggered if I can figure it out
    Last edited by Bongley; 21-10-2014 at 10:49.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    November looks like a busy month for the over 40's group.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nereid.... how did your BT go yesterday? I think I read somewhere else that you thought it would be negative, as AF had sort of come :-(

Biscotti... sorry to read elsewhere that AF has come for you too. This cycling time and time again is sure taking it's toll. We all so want to have high hopes and get excited about "this one may just be the one", but sometimes I just wonder if it's better not to get too emotionally fired up about each cycle. I just finished updating my IVF $ spreadsheet and that's enough to get anyone fired up, so trying not to think too much about that side of things.

Killarney... I would have thought they would have brought you back on Monday to test again (d4), but maybe it was pretty obvious by the results that you would need a few more days before starting. How many cycles have you done previously? Perhaps they have some good information from your previous cycles?
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 21-10-2014 at 11:32.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (22-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MCG Bertie, yes negative for me but I knew it would be. Had a couple of really teary days but now focusing on next fet, i'll have ovulation scan on the 27th.

I'm doing ok but feeling a bit overwhelmed by information, odds etc right now which is making me feel less and less optimistic. Trying to hold on to that maybe naive hope that I had a few months ago when I started this process.

Will be thinking of you all during the next few weeks x

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nereid For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck everyone, yep there is a few of us in this age group cycling right now. I've given up on the oct ivf group forum - it just moves too fast and unless you check it every day its impossible to keep up.
    I too am sniffing right now and having all kinds of different side affects this time. I get a buzzy feeling in one of my ears, kind of like I have cotton wool ball in it - weird. Also, as soon as I sniff I get instant headache. EPU is in 10 days time so yeehaa its almost here ! @Team panda how old were you when you got your BFP and was it with your own egg? I still think about giving it another go with my own if this donor cycle is a dud but I'll be 42 and a half soon enough so might be past my 'best before' date.
    I keep having emotional outbursts (aka blubbering) which poor DP has to try to cope with. The disappointment of never seeing any of my features or talents in a child is still really strong and there's nothing anyone can say to make you forget about that or feel better about it. I'm sure things will be be completely different when I'm UTD.. and I know perfectly well that it won't matter later on. I just hope I have a mini-DP.
    Last edited by JulieMalooley; 21-10-2014 at 11:43.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post: