Closed Thread
Page 73 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @leyshoja aw gee, I can understand why you are stressed. You have a lot riding on this cycle. I hope they can get more eggs this time around. Perhaps they were playing it safe as she is young (I assume)?

So gals, I have an endo scratch sometime in the next few weeks. Any tips on how to handle it? Paracetamol and codeine by the sound of it?
    She's 34 and has an AMH of 16 so right in the normal range apparently. They have her on a larger dose this time of 225 gonal-f for 6 days, not sure what it was the other time, but they are aiming to get a larger egg haul. Apparently I can pull out any time before EPU if I'm not happy with her progress, but as if I'm going to do that !! Even if she had only 1 follicle I'd still be going ahead - its worth the gamble I suppose. Hey, whats another $10k here or there, once you start forking it out, may as well continue

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (15-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for the lovely welcome I just had 1 embie transferred as my clinic rarely do 2. I've had AF cramps for the past two days, on and off just to torture me. And like every other month I've been googling 'period-like cramps before a positive test' etc. which only makes me more neurotic and miserable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Been reading along but had nothing to add for the past few months. I am waiting for af to arrive, due Sun or Mon and starting a fresh cycle. I have a new FS and they are changing my drugs from Gonal F to Puregon. Has anyone any experience with both of these?

I didn't get any frosties before and obviously hope this time is different. This FS wants to put 2 back also given I am now 40. Is that the norm?

Sorry for all the questions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Bongley - they said to me people react differently to having a scratch done - ie/ some people don't feel it?? I'm pretty sceptical of that considering they go in with a hook on the end of a catheter tube, but you might be luckier than me. Plus when I arrived, my FS said, so you've taken pain relief a couple of hours ago? My heart sank because i hadn't. I suggest getting something strong if you can - just in case, and take it a good hour or two beforehand.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome nereid. Not good news unfortunately m/c for me. No heartbeat at 8 week scan. Had d&c on Monday. Pretty shattered. Have 3 frosties and appt with FS in next couple of weeks so will see what next steps are. Hope everyone else is travelling well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Sophdask I'm so sorry to hear that. I have been exactly where you are. I Lost an IVF bub at 8 weeks. I did go on to have success in my early 40s so don't lose hope. Be kind to yourself at this time. When I didn't have luck on a cycle I used to enjoy all things non IVF like wine, blue cheese and sushi..... xx

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JoJoD For This Useful Post:

sophdask  (15-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sophdask... oh I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. That's so sad to think it's gets to 8 weeks, and looks like everything is going fine. Why ever does it do that?!! Yes, definitely go and enjoy eating all those yummy foods.

AFM.... the first signs of AF are here, so it will be action stations in the morning, ringing the clinc to register d1 and ringing Dr M to check that I'm to start Dex, as I don't actually have my appointment to see him until Friday. I restart acupuncture with new lady on Saturday (as other one has gone overseas for two months). I've enjoyed my break and just a little sad that I have to get back into all this :-(
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 15-10-2014 at 21:07.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

sophdask  (16-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Killarneygirl, I've done a cycle with puregon & elonva (the rest have been with Gonal F), what would you like to know?

sophdask, I'm so sorry to hear about your m/c

Bertie, best wishes for this FET, will be thinking of you xx

faith, I hope you are feeling better after the scratch, it sounds bad. I'm sorry to hear you don't feel confident about the upcoming cycle, hope that things improve

Kelly, Nereid, Chiefsgirl, Em, leyshoja, Bongley and anyone else I've missed.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (15-10-2014),JulieMalooley  (16-10-2014),Kelly70  (15-10-2014),MGC Bertie  (15-10-2014),sophdask  (16-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Sophdask, sorry to read about your loss, just awful. Big hugs to you xx

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

15. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

sophdask  (16-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sophdask oh no that's terrible news, I'm so sorry What a shock that must have been.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

sophdask  (16-10-2014)