Closed Thread
Page 72 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Chiefsgirl - I would say yes to quality even though I wasn't successful. My first round I got 1 egg out of 4 follies but seconds I got 7 out 9. I came so close - just a single chromosome out - very disappointing.

I think the 10,000 iu pregnyl trigger made a difference too. That's a Dr Sher thing as well.

i was lucky my FS was willing to give it a go as they don't seem as open to it in Aus.

I will ill keep you posted on the results this time - I've also added in ubiquinol and inositol for quality.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nereid View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm new to these forums so sorry if I do it wrong

I've decided to join now as I'm into the 2nd week after my first fet, and starting to feel the symptoms of AF coming on. This month is going to be really hard for me as my wonderful father passed away 2 weeks ago, so the whole transfer process has been even more emotional than usual, and I'm pretty terrified about how I will cope should it be a negative result... I'm testing on the 20th but AF is due on the 16th.

I've just turned 41, my partner and I have one naturally conceived 5 yr old daughter, and have been TTC for 2 yrs. This is our first cycle of IVF. We've had one failed fresh transfer.

Anyway, it's reassuring to read some of your stories here. And I wish you all the very best of luck with your journeys.
    Welcome @Nereid and good luck for your test !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem70 View Post
    @Chiefsgirl - I would say yes to quality even though I wasn't successful. My first round I got 1 egg out of 4 follies but seconds I got 7 out 9. I came so close - just a single chromosome out - very disappointing.

I think the 10,000 iu pregnyl trigger made a difference too. That's a Dr Sher thing as well.

i was lucky my FS was willing to give it a go as they don't seem as open to it in Aus.

I will ill keep you posted on the results this time - I've also added in ubiquinol and inositol for quality.
    Hmm I have added inofolic which has inositol and folic acid to the mix this time. I've been taking ubiquinol for a while too.

Will def be talking to FS about a double trigger for next cycle too. Thanks for the info!

Good luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nereid, hello and welcome!

Bertie, I've long since stopped contributing to the monthly (and lots of other) threads too, it just seems a bit pointless. Good luck for your upcoming FET

Chiefsgirl, I'm sorry to hear about your last banking cycle. I hope you get better results this time

Jem, hope the AACEP works its magic this time too

leyshoja, looking forward to hearing more about your DE cycle.

Faith, hope the scratch has been done and you are recovering well.

Petal & Bongley, will be thinking of you both for your next cycles.

Em, BiB, Kelly and anyone else I've forgotten

AFM - I had a major "lose my marbles" episode last week, that involved a lot of screaming/ yelling, tears and a huge adult tantrum. I feel so bad because I was so out of control that part of it got directed at DD, and it wasn't her fault at all. I managed to get it back together with a bit of counselling at the clinic, and getting back into my normal routine. I've even started doing non-TTC things again and enrolled in a few long overdue work related courses.

So DH wants me to wait until early next year before doing any more transfers. I'll be reading and cheering all of you along, though I probably won't have much to post.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (15-10-2014),MGC Bertie  (14-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think we can all relate @SpringRain. I have had 4 months off and I think DH needed the rest as much as me. I have had many a meltdown (including crying and yelling).

AFM I had my clinic appointment to plan the next cycle today as well as my endo scratch. The clinic appointment went well but the first dissapointment was that there is no change to the meds. I'm stuck on Gonal F. It was supposed to be half of what I had before (300) but it's only down to 250. I am already thinking that this cycle will be a failure. There has been little change to what we did last time. The scratch did not go well. I had to lie down for 20 minutes after nearly passing out. Apparently it's not uncommon

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-10-2014),SpringRain  (14-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Faith - I had the same experience with my scratch, was my first one and I had no idea it was going to hurt so much. I didn't come close to passing out but it was pretty evil. Sorry you're not happy with the plan for your next cycle - that's the worst feeling. Did you not feel comfortable raising it with your doc?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (14-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 The last time I went to see the FS I asked if there were any supplements I should take. Well, that was a mistake. The doc frowned and said there was no evidence that any supplements help and not to bother with them. It was the same when I asked about other alternative therapies. Instant shutdown. I figured that questioning him about the stims was just going to cheese him off. There's something about having someone stick needles into your ovaries that makes me not want to annoy them. I will be stalking on the other thread to see how you go on the elonva. I heard from another hubber that the elonva worked for her (I think she got 16 eggs)! Maybe if this round is a no go I will talk to the doc about it anyway. Incur the wrath. Can't be worse than the scratch!

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I had a similar response re supplements from my old FS - I wss only started on melatonin shortly before my third cycle with them. New FS Lynn B couldn't believe I hadn't been on it from the start. She also said q10 very important. Dhea she said they'd had high hopes for it initially but that it hadn't quite shown the results they'd expected. When I asked my old FS about dhea when starting my first cycle with her she said, oh I've heard of it I think, but that was all she had for me. Any chance you can switch to a new FS? Easier said than done I know.

Wow 16 eggs, she must have had good amh. With my almost non existent amh, I really have no clue if it will help any. I will be super nervous for Friday's scan.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (15-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow. I've never had an endo scratch thankfully. They sound terrible !!
    I have a small update on my donor cycle - donor has done 1 previous cycle at the beginning of this year, they only retrieved 3 eggs !! and no pregnancy resulted. Eek, this stresses me a LOT. The nurse told me that she believed they had only been going for a small amount of eggs on that cycle - why on earth would you go for small numbers ??? Doesnt make sense to me
    Suddenly I'm stressing about this cycle. I know its all a big gamble, but I think I have gotten my hopes up and I should know better than that by now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Wow. I've never had an endo scratch thankfully. They sound terrible !!
    I have a small update on my donor cycle - donor has done 1 previous cycle at the beginning of this year, they only retrieved 3 eggs !! and no pregnancy resulted. Eek, this stresses me a LOT. The nurse told me that she believed they had only been going for a small amount of eggs on that cycle - why on earth would you go for small numbers ??? Doesnt make sense to me
    Suddenly I'm stressing about this cycle. I know its all a big gamble, but I think I have gotten my hopes up and I should know better than that by now.
    @leyshoja aw gee, I can understand why you are stressed. You have a lot riding on this cycle. I hope they can get more eggs this time around. Perhaps they were playing it safe as she is young (I assume)?

So gals, I have an endo scratch sometime in the next few weeks. Any tips on how to handle it? Paracetamol and codeine by the sound of it?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (15-10-2014)