Closed Thread
Page 70 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Kelly, thanks for that. It does just seem that it's taken over everything, and there's not been any room for me. Yes, I'll just keep doing FETs until they're finished. I've contacted the clinic overseas that my FS referred to, and gotten the paperwork, but DH has said he won't discuss that with me any more until we've used up some more of our frosties.

I've used elonva in a previous cycle, what would you like to know? In my other cycles I used Gonal F 225, and got 10-15 eggs, while on elonva, I got 20, but with a lot of pain afterwards (borderline OHSS). Hope you don't get the pain, but get a few more eggs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry to hear about the BFN's Bongley and Springrain.
    @Kelly70 I have not been on anything but Gonal F in the past but am keen to know what other peoples experiences are too. I don't think my FS is one to take suggestions but since Gonal F has not helped me get UTD I am keen to change drugs.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (09-10-2014),SpringRain  (08-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faithandhopellove View Post
    Sorry to hear about the BFN's Bongley and Springrain.
    @Kelly70 I have not been on anything but Gonal F in the past but am keen to know what other peoples experiences are too. I don't think my FS is one to take suggestions but since Gonal F has not helped me get UTD I am keen to change drugs.
    Hey Faith,

Yes my new FS believes the massive doses of stim drugs some clinics recommend can be damaging to older eggs. To be honest I had no success on gonal f in terms of quality or numbers regardless of whether I was on 300iu or 600iu. I had better egg quality on Menopur (at least got to transfer) but no pregnancy.

I'm pleased to switch to something entirely new ie/ Elonva which you only inject once on day 2. Then top up with lower dose Menopur nightly from day 5. She said it's a slower release constant feed to the ovaries. As opposed to nuking them!! I have diminished reserve so am praying to get another egg or two this way. From what I've read some ppl (and Springy you've confirmed this too) have gotten more eggs on Elonva.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My old FS never went above 300 of Gonal F as he said it didn't improve the numbers much and just made the quality worse. The FS I am with now is even more conservative and blasted the other guy for going so high. :what: I have heard a lot of the ladies here talk about menopur so I am hoping the new guy puts me on this or something else. I will find out next Tuesday when I have my scratch done.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faithandhopellove View Post
    My old FS never went above 300 of Gonal F as he said it didn't improve the numbers much and just made the quality worse. The FS I am with now is even more conservative and blasted the other guy for going so high. :what: I have heard a lot of the ladies here talk about menopur so I am hoping the new guy puts me on this or something else. I will find out next Tuesday when I have my scratch done.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I've had twice as many follicles & eggs on menopur compared to the Gonal F (best haul was still only 6, 3 fert - but better than the 2 & 3 I'd been getting)

Best of luck to everyone at their respective stages of cycles.

AFM I got my dates for my next cycle, EPU scheduled for 12th November.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (08-10-2014),MGC Bertie  (09-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Bongley and @speingrain, I'm so sorry to hear of your bfn's, it's never easy, I feel your pain xxxx

AFM, I've been a bit AWOL trying to lick my wounds after my disastrous banking cycle using menopur. It started with them taking bt's to try and work out when I ovulated to start lucrin, only to not ovulate so needed to swap to a short cycle. I ended with just the one embie frozen. Should be glad it wasn't one, but only one hurt.

I then got AF super quick, just 9 days after epu and thought I'd miss starting the next banking cycle but he agreed to put me on the pill and do a traditional long down. I'm a little bummed he had said I could do the agonist/antagonist conversion protocol but has now changed his mind. Will just have to see what this cycle does.

So I'm on bcp at the moment and start lucrin next week. Then back to 400 gf as stim, no more menopur! He also doesn't think it necessary to do saizen but I'm staying on dhea.

So another banking cycle in nov, followed by another stim cycle in late jan and I should have enough to do pgd.

This will be my 7th stim (I've done 6 stims and one fet before) so all up it will be 9 stims to hopefully get a take home baby!

I am so over pumping my body full of so many vitamins and supplements! Have been given the name of a fertility acupuncturist so might give that a go this cycle as well. Why not?

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (09-10-2014),faithandhopellove  (10-10-2014),MGC Bertie  (09-10-2014),SpringRain  (09-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear about the BFN's @Bongley and @SpringRain .
    I have done 6 EPU's now and started on gonal-f at 150 I think, they increased this each time until the second last one where they switched me to menopur (cant remenber the dose) but it didn't make much difference. Then the last cycle on gonal-f I was on a dose of 600 plus an additional injection of something I cant remember the name of... its in my massive IVF file at home if anyone really wants to know lol. To cut a long story short, I did egg pickups from the age of 40.5 to almost 42 and my egg haul was 10, 7, 6, 3, 2 and 2 from memory, its an amazingly steady decline that I can only put down to my creeping age I suppose.
    I keep wondering if I hadn't tried so hard with IVF that I could probably have fallen naturally in the last 2 years, but we'll never know, so onward and upward !!
    Started sniffing yesterday, donor goes in for egg pickup in 3 weeks woot woot !!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (09-10-2014),faithandhopellove  (10-10-2014),SpringRain  (09-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here's my drug history if it helps anyone (seems I've only done 5 EPU's, memory like a sieve) I'm blaming the drugs...

Age 40.5 225 gonal-f 10 eggs - 8 fertilised - 2 viable
    (low number here because eggs were frozen, not embies, lower survival rate)
    Age 40.9 350 gonal-f 10 eggs - 7 fertilised - 3 viable
    Age 41.1 350 gonal-f 8 eggs - 6 fertilised - 2 viable
    Age 41.3 450 menopur 6 eggs - 2 fertilised - 2 viable
    Age 41.7 450 gonal-f+75 luveris 2 eggs - 1 fertilised - 1 viable
    ... hmm I thought i was on a higher dose than this on the last cycle, but thats what my notes say so I stand corrected...

Its an interesting decline in 18 months huh..

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (10-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Chiefsgirl wow, you are really going for it. Hope you get some strong little embies to freeze and test, banking sounds like a really good idea . Why did he change his mind about the antagonist protocol? (mind you I tried that and didn't respond at all)
    @leyshoja I am going to be stalking you badly over the next month, ha! Can't wait to hear good news from you. (no pressure!) My egg collection numbers and fertilisation actually got better over time (shame about the quality). Except for my last cycle which was terrible. I hope thats not the start of the decline.......mind you we are quitting after this one so it doesn't really matter I suppose.

AFM I have started my next cycle, I'm on the pill so EPU will be end of november I think. Plus an endo scratch somewhere before then. I will just go join the november thread.

Good luck everyone!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (10-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @Chiefsgirl wow, you are really going for it. Hope you get some strong little embies to freeze and test, banking sounds like a really good idea . Why did he change his mind about the antagonist protocol? (mind you I tried that and didn't respond at all)
    @leyshoja I am going to be stalking you badly over the next month, ha! Can't wait to hear good news from you. (no pressure!) My egg collection numbers and fertilisation actually got better over time (shame about the quality). Except for my last cycle which was terrible. I hope thats not the start of the decline.......mind you we are quitting after this one so it doesn't really matter I suppose.

AFM I have started my next cycle, I'm on the pill so EPU will be end of november I think. Plus an endo scratch somewhere before then. I will just go join the november thread.

Good luck everyone!
    Haha, stalk away !!! I'm expecting good news but I tell you what, if the EPU numbers are low or bad I'm going to be gutted. This lovely lady can only do 1 donor cycle so if no go the first time, then I'm back on a waiting list, and even though their turnaround time is only around 12 months, I will be around 44 (and DP 46) by the time I got to another donor cycle so I would probably pull up stumps if this one fails. So watch this space....

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (10-10-2014),MGC Bertie  (10-10-2014)