Closed Thread
Page 65 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    Just 2 eggs for me today. Scientist called to say both were mature and have been icsi'd. Had hoped there would be more.
    Sorry to read that Chiefs hoping they are super embies!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (26-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringRain View Post
    Bertie, sorry to hear your news

Bongley, Fudge, Faith, tuxcat, Chiefsgirl, Grace, sophdask, em, Gnh, I have quite a bit of reading back to do, the discussion seems to have moved quite a bit.

AFM - I'm on cycle #10, FET, and am going in for BT and ultrasound later this week.
    Springy, I hope your cycle is going well! #10!!! Jeepers! I only ever got 2 to frozen with my own eggs, out of 6 cycles.
    All the best for this one xxxx

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (22-09-2014),sophdask  (19-09-2014),SpringRain  (22-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone, good to be back. I'm finally beginning to feel excited about starting this cycle. Its getting close now after a long wait. @MGC Bertie - nice work wangling your own way with the doc! My clinic have their own register. The good thing about their list is that you get prioritised on the list from when you start with the clinic (so 2 yrs ago) rather than when you sign up on the list, so I was only 2nd or 3rd anyway. I'm still not sure what prompted her to choose us. Maybe I just got lucky for a change.
    I had the option of choosing attributes, but wasn't particularly worried about looks, unless there was something that stood out as making her unacceptable. She chose us even though they usually direct the donor to the highest up on the list - she insisted on looking through quite a few profiles. From the sound of it my clinic has a reasonably short list.... @emski72 - Wow! You are that far along already !!!! Gosh how that time has flown @Bongley 18 is great, heres to a super haul @Chiefsgirl,my fingers are crossed for your embies.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (20-09-2014),Butterfly39  (22-09-2014),MGC Bertie  (20-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MGC Bertie, I've just now read back through the last few pages, and so sorry for your bad news. I have one question - why has there been a couple of mentions of going to SA for donor eggs? Why there? Is it faster, easier or cheaper?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (22-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefs - don't get too upset I went an extra 2 days on stims and nurse thought there would be a good chance of getting 4 and only got 2. In saying that I was lucky to get 1 to transfer and we all know it only takes one. So I have 3 more days till testing, I am so over this Crinone gel, its terrible, I don't ever remember it being so bad....does every one get period like aches and pains ? After 5 days of egg transfer I started getting the cramps....then they go away...then they come back...I remember getting them with my DD, thinking I had no chance of BFP as I had all the signs of AF, but was lucky to get a BFP. I always get my AF before testing, so an hopefully that it stays away until Tuesday morning. It plays with my head one minute I think I am next minute I don't....not sure what I will do if it doesn't work this time, as DH is getting a bit over it, as I am heading to 41 in January and he thinks we are getting to old for a 3rd child....oh well we are off to Fiji in 3 weeks so if its a BFN then at least I have something to look forward to. Bongley - awesome number hun, the most I have ever got is 11 and that was when I was 37, the most I got at 35 was 7 ! So that is fantastic.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GnH For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (20-09-2014),Butterfly39  (22-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Leyshoja.... women who need donor eggs are looking everywhere. In Australia, most egg donors want some kind of contact with the recipient, and some even want photos or contact with the baby after its born, and after looking into that I decided that I couldn't do that emotionally, so looked overseas for anonymous donors. I was born in SA, so have a tie already with the country, but yes, SA is slightly cheaper than the US, and obviously has much higher numbers of caucasian donors than Asian countries and Greece, where many others are going. Also, I think by being English speaking, lots of women are more confident with communication there. Others are also going to Czech Republic. There's separate threads on here - one for SA, another for Czech Republic, which are certainly worth reading along.

GnH.... hang in there. Certainly does all our heads in, doesn't it? Not long to go now for you. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 20-09-2014 at 20:14.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (22-09-2014),JulieMalooley  (23-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GnH View Post
    Chiefs - don't get too upset I went an extra 2 days on stims and nurse thought there would be a good chance of getting 4 and only got 2. In saying that I was lucky to get 1 to transfer and we all know it only takes one. So I have 3 more days till testing, I am so over this Crinone gel, its terrible, I don't ever remember it being so bad....does every one get period like aches and pains ? After 5 days of egg transfer I started getting the cramps....then they go away...then they come back...I remember getting them with my DD, thinking I had no chance of BFP as I had all the signs of AF, but was lucky to get a BFP. I always get my AF before testing, so an hopefully that it stays away until Tuesday morning. It plays with my head one minute I think I am next minute I don't....not sure what I will do if it doesn't work this time, as DH is getting a bit over it, as I am heading to 41 in January and he thinks we are getting to old for a 3rd child....oh well we are off to Fiji in 3 weeks so if its a BFN then at least I have something to look forward to. Bongley - awesome number hun, the most I have ever got is 11 and that was when I was 37, the most I got at 35 was 7 ! So that is fantastic.
    Thanks @GnH yeah, I can get the egg numbers due to my PCO unfortunately the quality is pretty bad. By day 3 I'll be lucky if I get an 8 cell and by day 6 never any to freeze. At least I usually have something to transfer *knock wood*

Are you going to POAS at all? I hope your cramps are the embie burrowing in. I had implantation cramps on one cycle I think (ended in a chemical), it felt a bit peculiar. Good luck with your BT.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (22-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Fellow Fertility friends... Popping back in after my brief sojourn due to FS being away.... Waiting for AF so I can start synarel this cycle (oh most loathesome devil juice) so I can get back to the long down reggathon that will be my x3 cycles and aCGH mission that we are on. So this will be cycle 2 of that. I still need my uterine biopsy and scratch also. Pathology came back on my intrauterine mass as a fibroid (4cm). I've had fun snowboarding and enjoying life without worrying about what I'm going to jab myself with for a while. Life is good and I feel refreshed despite a recent hectic work schedule. DH was away a lot so I got 2 new kittens who are great and who my existing cat is slowly indignantly accepting. I went to the pound intending to get only one and the one I wanted had the most forlorn looking roommate who climbed my leg in desperation that I bundled him up and took him too. They both love their new fur beds and diamanté kitten collars.

Chiefs gosh every cycle is different isn't it. I've had egg #s varying between 4-19, such a crazy variation isn't it. But the fert rate was the best (100%) when I got the least. Best of luck with this one.

MGC sorry to hear your sisters eggs haven't worked but I'm glad they are going to get more aggressive with the treatment. I know you will get there somehow but I really wish it wasn't such a difficult journey for you and DH so far. You have such strength and I am certain that you will prevail in the end.

Springy I'm presuming this FET is your biopsied embie ? Or will you use 2? I wish you all the luck in the world girl

Gnh have a brilliant time in Fiji and best of luck for a BFP

Leyshoja - warm congratulations on a donor choosing you so quickly. You seem like such a lovely person so I am really not surprised. You must be really excited. Hope your bubba is coming real soon. Looks like we may end up cycling together roughly.

Emski wow you are getting close. Is the baby room done ? You sound very positive. Best of luck with your remaining 11 weeks.

All the best everyone

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (22-09-2014),JulieMalooley  (23-09-2014),MGC Bertie  (22-09-2014),SpringRain  (22-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    Hi Fellow Fertility friends... Popping back in after my brief sojourn due to FS being away.... Waiting for AF so I can start synarel this cycle (oh most loathesome devil juice) so I can get back to the long down reggathon that will be my x3 cycles and aCGH mission that we are on. So this will be cycle 2 of that. I still need my uterine biopsy and scratch also. Pathology came back on my intrauterine mass as a fibroid (4cm). I've had fun snowboarding and enjoying life without worrying about what I'm going to jab myself with for a while. Life is good and I feel refreshed despite a recent hectic work schedule. DH was away a lot so I got 2 new kittens who are great and who my existing cat is slowly indignantly accepting. I went to the pound intending to get only one and the one I wanted had the most forlorn looking roommate who climbed my leg in desperation that I bundled him up and took him too. They both love their new fur beds and diamanté kitten collars.

Chiefs gosh every cycle is different isn't it. I've had egg #s varying between 4-19, such a crazy variation isn't it. But the fert rate was the best (100%) when I got the least. Best of luck with this one.

MGC sorry to hear your sisters eggs haven't worked but I'm glad they are going to get more aggressive with the treatment. I know you will get there somehow but I really wish it wasn't such a difficult journey for you and DH so far. You have such strength and I am certain that you will prevail in the end.

Springy I'm presuming this FET is your biopsied embie ? Or will you use 2? I wish you all the luck in the world girl

Gnh have a brilliant time in Fiji and best of luck for a BFP

Leyshoja - warm congratulations on a donor choosing you so quickly. You seem like such a lovely person so I am really not surprised. You must be really excited. Hope your bubba is coming real soon. Looks like we may end up cycling together roughly.

Emski wow you are getting close. Is the baby room done ? You sound very positive. Best of luck with your remaining 11 weeks.

All the best everyone
    @Butterfly39 I will be starting synarel in 2 weeks, EPU is Oct 31st and depending on how many eggs are retrieved I will be either doing a 3 day transfer on Nov 3rd, or a 5 day transfer on Nov 5th (5 day transfer if they get plenty of eggs). I'm starting to drive myself mad checking the calendar
    When do you think you'll be cycling?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (24-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    welcome back @Butterfly39 ! Sounds like you had a lovely relaxing time 'off'.
    This is actually one thing that screws me up is that I just can't turn off or distract myself in between cycles. Really stresses me out. I guess its because I'm coming to the end of the road. @leyshoja so I know what you mean about checking the calendar. Drives me crazy. Good luck for october you two.

Last ultrasound today, its all looking good. Just waiting to hear when my trigger is, tonight or tomorrow.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (24-09-2014),JulieMalooley  (23-09-2014)