Closed Thread
Page 45 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Chiefsgirl the menopur certainly worked better for me. First cycle with it, on under half the dose as when I was on Gonal f, and the most eggs I gotten so far. Good luck with it ☺️
    As for me, the 3rd emby wasn't suitable to freeze, so just got to hope that one of the two that got put back is sticky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Finally found an article on vitamin D and IVF. It isn't the one I originally saw but confirms what I read about the importance of vitamin D for good quality eggs and higher numbers. I am going to add it to my list of supplements.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/281138.php

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, is it ok if I join this thread. I'm 40, doing my first icsi cycle with EPU tomorrow. Just wondering if you all are recommended 3day or 5day embryo transfer? And also do you think a single or double embryo transfer is best?
    I know I'm thinking too far ahead at this point, (I have to remember one day at a time with ivf), but don't want to be making last minute panicked decisions either!!
    Thanks

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Grace1 For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (24-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi @Grace1 with my clinic they do day 3 transfers if there is one clear embryo that is suitable, otherwise they grow them to day 5 to choose the best one. I usually have a few embryos at day 3 so day 5 suits me. Most of my embies don't make it to day 5 so its good to weed them out before transferring. However there is the argument to put the embryos into the uterus as soon as possible, rather than growing in a petrie dish.

I prefer a single embryo transfer as I know a few people that have lost twins or had complications in pregnancy. Plus my clinic is pretty dead set against transferring 2 but I know from the threads here that it's pretty common.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

just after advice before I freak out! I've been getting weird cramps since Friday, mostly in the evening. A bit like period pain but mostly around my front and not my back, really unfortable with some shooting, stabby pain on occasion too. Then, this morning, I had a small amount of bleeding. My period is not due for another week and I am wondering what this could be? Is this potentially the embryo implanting as I've heard that this can be painful?
    TIA! I'm remaining calm as I know there's not much I can do either way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Sorry I haven't stopped by to wish you all luck but we had a big week with a friend losing his battle with cancer.

I will do some catch up reading to see what I have missed.

Btw...Have my beta tomorrow but couldnt help myself and had to poas this morning BFP! After only getting 2 eggs at EPU and 1transferred at 3 days perhaps it is true that you only need one good one.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Fudge09; 24-08-2014 at 13:50.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fudge09 For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (24-08-2014),MGC Bertie  (24-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beckymae I had a bad pain last friday night (5dp 3dt) and it was so bad I had to take pain relief. On and off AF pains ever since. Hopefully it is a good sign! Good luck. Xx

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fudge OMG that is so fantastic. Congratulations wonderful news. :0) Keep the BFP's coming!!

Beckymae - hoping its implementation bleeding.

Grace - welcome to this forum. I normally do 3 day transfers as my emblems don't get to 5 days. I transferred 2 this cycle.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sophdask For This Useful Post:

beckymae  (24-08-2014),faithandhopellove  (24-08-2014),Fudge09  (25-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Grace1. My clinic only do 5 day transfers as they want to see how the embies develop to pick the best one. Having said that my numbers are high so I am not sure if 3 day would be an option if you only had 1 or 2 embies. They also only do a single transfer unless you insist on 2 (and even then they will only do it for people who have had 2 previous failed IVF cycles).

Welcome to the group and fx for a succesful EPU and transfer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh My @Fudge09 that's so great! Hope it's the first of many for us in here this month. @beckymae fingers crossed ☺️ @Grace1 I've just done a 4 day transfer, it usually depends on your clinic or the amount of eggs you get. My clinic chooses 4 day, they like to only transfer 1, but due to my age & having 2 previous failed ivf I have just had 2 put back in. Good luck with your EPU tomorrow.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

Fudge09  (25-08-2014)