Closed Thread
Page 41 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Precious40 oh I'm sorry, that must have been really disappointing news. Onwards and upwards with your one good embryo, this is the one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck Precious and Twinkley.
    I think just about every nurse I have met on my IVF journey has told me that embies do much better in their own environment i.e. the womb, than in a lab dish. for success.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

Twinkley  (19-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Successful transfer of the one very healthy blasto yesterday! It was a bit of a drama as my cervix is really high and I was lying there for 30 minutes with a very full bladder whilst they used 3 different speculums! In the end they did it in five mins with the help of an RPA gyno and my EMPTY bladder, lol.

Got the call today that the other two blastos just were not good for freezing, neither had changed from yesterday so this one is it for now

Question, how long do you have to wait in between cycles? I'm thinking about 3-4 months but I am not really sure. Would be interested to here what others have done? I'm 44 in OCT so I don;t want to waste too much time but I've been told my reserve is higher than normal for my age too.

Good luck to everyone else doing EPU and ET this week!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to beckymae For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (19-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did 3 cycles in 6 months so my wait was short. It depends on how quickly you can get back in to see your FS after a failed cycle. First you have to have a negative on a blood test even if AF arrives before then. When the nurses call with results then you can schedule a new FS appointment. Depending on how popular your Dr is this can take awhile! Then of course you have to wait for the next AF or ovulation to have occured (depending on if you are doing long or short cycle). Hopefully this is the one though and you wont have to rebook!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with transfers these week. EPU was today collected 16 eggs. Still in shock! Fingers crossed hoping for good fertilsation results. I struggle with Egg quality so hoping to also get some to freeze.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sophdask For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (19-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @beckymae I have been trying to do them as quickly as possible, I've got plenty of eggs but they are poor quality and are getting worse with age. I'd do one every month if I could but on long down reg it's about two or three months between cycles. I haven't seen much of my FS but I am just going through the protocol that got me up the duff the first time. I do speak to him on the phone, saves making an appointment.

good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi lovely ladies, I think this is the right thread for me! I'm over 40 (43) have been reading and following your stories for a while, but never been game enough to post, thought I could this journey my own and It has been long, long one with so may ups and downs. I guess my story is a successful one I have beautiful two and half year old who was conceived after three stimulated Ivf cycles and about ten transfers both fresh and frozen. He is my world. I have a history of cervical cancer and have the majority of my cervix removed, lots of surgery. I was told I probably would never have a child of my own, as I may not be able to carry a pregnancy High-risk of a very prem bub, scary stuff. never been one to back down I soldered on and I did. I had my son at 37 weeks via a caesarean section at the mater hospital in Brisbane I was 40. he really is my miracle boy! doctors were blown away!
    so now we are back on the ivf hamster wheel, have been for the last 16 months, it as been a challenging time. I miscarried at 11 weeks just before xmas. Then another ivf fresh cycle, then I was told I had NK cells and have been on steroids for the last 3 months unable to do a cycle, anyway .. two transfers no go, my last frozen embie was 12 days ago found out yesterday no go once again just shattered, feeing empty, like your whole life hurts. so I'm at cross roads, be grateful for what you have, you selfish cow! but my heart is saying ONE more cycle!!! your stories have given the strength to continue that I am not alone in this, I feel as though I have been through just about everything in the ivf world, 5 cycles, more transfers than can count! maybe 15 at a guess. miscarriage, loss of frozen embryos, killer cells, countless disappointment at the end of the dreaded two week wait. oh I forgot to mention my ovary infection and ended up in a coma for 5 days in ICU! I kid you not! air lifted in an emergency helicopter, very dramatic! I swear I am writing that book. I can laugh now! you have to. THANKYOU i so needed to get all that out! I hope I can be of some inspiration to someone. big love and all the very best.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cyd For This Useful Post:

Fudge09  (25-08-2014),MGC Bertie  (19-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome number Sophdask.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

sophdask  (19-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sophia's Great haul on the eggies fingers crossed for a great fert rate.

Sent from my D6503 using The Bub Hub mobile app

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Twinkley For This Useful Post:

sophdask  (19-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG @sophdask, that's an Amazing number! Fingers crossed for a good fert rate
    Hope the 2WW is kind to you @beckymae x
    Welcome @Cyd, best of luck with whatever you do, the ivf game is definitely not one for the feint hearted.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

beckymae  (19-08-2014),sophdask  (19-08-2014)