Closed Thread
Page 36 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Fantastic news girls. What a busy week were having on this forum. I went to see my new FS today and DH and I were so happy ith what he had to say. For a start he had obviously read our notes before we went in (an improvement on our last FS)! He did a quick u/s to check that nothing is out of order internally and was happy with that. He ordered some blood tests for DH and I including an AMH (which the old FS never bothered with) He also reviewed what had been done with the previous clinic but had a number of changes to make. Firstly he thinks the endometriosis is affecting our fertility and should be non-surgically controlled. Unfortunately that puts the next cycle back to November but I am happy with his explanation. He has seen some research that shows fert rate doubles for endo sufferers after treatment. He also wants to reduce the dose of the stim drugs. My egg numbers are high for my age considering I don't have PCOS so the FS wants to halve the drugs and hopefully halve the eggs but increase the quality. He was also critical of using DH's fresh sperm rather than the frozen samples taken pre chemotherapy. He said the chemo can cause DNA fragmentation that lasts far longer than the 65 days that we were advised.
    So... next cycle in November with the frozen semen at half the dose of drugs. The break will be good but I am looking forward to cheering on all the girls having cycles and transfer in the next months.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (15-08-2014),MGC Bertie  (15-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Faithandhope sometimes you just have to wait and there is no way around it, I've done so many times So frustrating!
    Interesting what your FS said about the endo, mine said something along the same lines, that it can improve egg quality but they don't really know why. I had a successful cycle after my endo was removed.
    good luck in november,

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (15-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sophdask - 12 follies Wow🎉
    Good luck with your EPU and Petrie Dish Party... @faithandhopellove sounds like your new FS is on the money and has got some new ideas to throw at getting you to your dream😃 you must be excited!
    ✨✨baby dust to one & all✨✨

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Biscotti71 For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (15-08-2014),sophdask  (15-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Biscotti71 best of luck with your lovely egg! @sophdask 12 is great! Good luck for Tuesday @faithandhopellove that's great news, we're using a new FS this round also, and it's definitely a good sign that's yours has studied up on your individual case & is trying something different. Ours has done the same, and so far it's been a big improvement. @MGC Bertie hope the results from your scratch are good
    Good luck with your new cycle @Bongley

All on track for me today, with E2 3740, lining almost 10mm, and 2 follies ready to go at 18mm & 19mm. The bonus being of the 4 small ones on left side, I might sneak in 1 or 2 as they are 2 x 13mm & 1 x 12mm, and EPU is going ahead Monday. Great for me as I'm a poor responder.

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (15-08-2014),Bongley  (16-08-2014),MGC Bertie  (15-08-2014),sophdask  (15-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Petal40 our new FS was keen for us to keep our numbers at 6 or below so your follie numbers sound great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Petal40 that's a fab E2 level and seems to maybe point to another one or two maturing... Weeeeee!
    As a fellow poor responder I can only guess at the joy these follies and numbers must bring you. Best of luck for EPU.✨✨✨✨

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley I had surgery done last year for my endo but DH was diagnosed with cancer soon after so our window of opportunity evaporated. It's good to see that clearing it works! I was thinking they would recommend surgery again but the new FS is concerned about losing ovarian tissue and gaining scar tissue. I told him the endo pain would limit how many cycles we would do so he decided turning AF off for a few months would be a double benefit. Apparently, like the surgery, our best oportunity will be for up to 6 months after. After we have our Bub we are turning AF off until I hit menopause.

Anybody heard from Beckymae?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (16-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Biscotti your egg must be the cream of the crop. I have double fx and sending prayers your way.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (16-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow so much has happened over the last few days!
    Congrats on your egg biscotti that is fabulous news!
    Good luck to precious, petal and soph for your EPU early next week.
    Faith your new FS sounds fantastic. There is nothing like feeling you are more than just a number and that your FS really has an interest in your treatment and outcome. It sounds like the wait will be worth it.

I will drop by to see how everyone is going but have put myself on a temporary Internet/google ban (if I can stick to it). I am now 4dp3dt and find myself metamorphosising from a previously intelligent person into a neurotic, symptom googling, hormonal nightmare! I don't know what I expect to turn up when I Google because the search results are all the same ones I found in my last 2ww . Still no magic website that goes off like a winning pokie machine saying "you are up the duff"..lol

Good luck girls...sending heaps of blessings and baby dust your way. Xx

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Fudge09; 15-08-2014 at 23:07.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fudge09 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (16-08-2014),faithandhopellove  (16-08-2014),MGC Bertie  (16-08-2014),sophdask  (16-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck @Fudge09 it's definitely hard to stay off google during the TWW! Hope it goes well.
    Any news on that egg @Biscotti71 ? Hope it's looking good

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (16-08-2014)