Closed Thread
Page 33 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Fudge.... I so wished I'd known / thought about collecting eggs, but I guess I'd always thought I would live the dream of finding a man, marrying and having kids. When I finally found my soulmate and married, I was 39, but foolishly thought it would just happen, mostly, because my only experience was a lady at work who fell pregnant at 40, so I thought I would be just like her. What I didn't know at the time, but now know, is that because she'd had 10 kids before that one (yes!!) then she was a type to fall easily. Wow, hindsight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I waited a long time to meet my soul mate too. I have no regrets about not marrying younger (I would have married the wrong guy) but wish I had met my DH just a few years sooner.
    I have a dear friend who was devasted to learn her amh was low at mid 30's. She had 1 child and tried for a long time to have another. Unfortunately even IVF won't work for her. Conversely I have 2 friends who had no trouble having kids in their 40's. I think the lesson is to be aware. Have your amh tested when you're young and store eggs if you need to. I wish I had but I'm not giving up hope and I am not giving in to the naysayers who think everyone over 40 should not even bother trying. Everyone here has a real chance of getting a BFP. I am saying a special prayer and keeping fingers crossed that the next few months brings lots of BFP's . Go Girls!

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

Fudge09  (10-08-2014),MGC Bertie  (11-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie. .. wow 10 kids! She obviously had no fertility issues!

I was very similar to you. I was 36 when I met my DH and I had no idea. He had a vasectomy during his first marriage due to his wife being ill with cancer and pregnancy being a massive health risk for her. He thought this was the best solution to the problem obviously not thinking at that time of her passing away and him re marrying and wanting children.

So it was with the very naive view that we "only" had to overcome a vasectomy that we approached or FS when I was 38. He told us we needed to start straight away. Of course I was one of these people who had read articles telling me ask I needed to do was go through ivf and voilà we would have a baby. My career oriented sister decided to have children at 39 and fell pregnant within months, having her second at 42. So I never thought I would have a problem either.

Fast forward to this year (40 years) and I realise how naive I was. My egg quality is atrocious and having that realisation that you don't just "do"ivf has been so heartbreaking. I have so many regrets and also wish someone had told me the truth.

I think there should be some sort of information for young women giving them all the information on fertility, ivf etc and what is involved. Encourage them to have their fertility tested regularly and also collect early if needed. I wish so much to have had more information but it seems you only get the hard truth once you are involved in the ifv program.

Fortunately there are forums like this one to have a gripe on when you have a bad day!

I so have my fingers, toes and everything else crossed for you. It sounds like any baby that would come into your life would be a very lucky one indeed. Xx

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fudge09 For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (12-08-2014),MGC Bertie  (11-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Faith exactly what I was trying to say but you were much more articulate in explaining it lol

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 43 almost 44-first IVF with BMI of 34

Hi all,

I'm a total newbie here but just hoping to hear from anyone who has had success with IVF later in life with a high BMI. I've been trying to get some kgs off with yoga aNd walking but it's is proving hard!

First week of Gonal 275mg I have 9 follicles one side and four on the other. Was supposed to take trigger injection over the weekend but they want to wait and let them get a bit bigger. My AMH is 19 which I believe is not bad for someone aged 43-44.

Looking to up the exercise but don't want to fear my body out either!!
    any advice most welcome, TIA!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beckymae For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (12-08-2014),MGC Bertie  (11-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    From that article:- 'Gaby Roslin was similarly stunned, aged 41, to learn she was having a second child. “It was a surprise. I said to my obstetrician: 'But I’m so old!’ He told me I was talking nonsense and that he had women of 46 on his books – and he’s right. He said it’s not an age thing, it’s down to how healthy you are.”'

Whaaaaa?? What kind of obstetrician says that? As if a handful of celebrities is any indication of the chance of getting preggers over 40. Bliiiiimey.

When I was about 34 I asked my GP if being on the pill would affect my fertility in the long run and he said no but my age would. I was pretty p!ssed off at the time (as I had been looking for a long term partner for loooong time to no avail!) but now I realise it was for the best even though I didn't want to hear it. It meant I kinda rushed my partner faster than I would have normally, we met when I was 36.

I've also had girlfriends tell each other they have plenty of time to have kids (in their mid to late 30s) and I think.....I am sat right in front of you! They know all about my struggle. It took me 3 years and 4 rounds of IVF (now on my 9th round to have a second). So yes, I then gently tell them to get a move on.

hi @beckymae welcome! Sounds like a good start with your follies. I found the fitness pal app good when I was trying to shed a few kilos.
    Last edited by Bongley; 11-08-2014 at 08:50.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

beckymae  (11-08-2014),faithandhopellove  (12-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deep breath! Sigh... Hi all, I haven't posted on this thread for about a year. I have been on and off this thread for a few years - I hope it is ok to jump in again?

I took a year off after my last cycle failed in July 2013. I am 44yrs old - about to turn 45. I have hashimotos (an autoimmune disease). My husband is also the same age as me - his sperm is ok, if not the best quality. We have had various cycles and they have all failed with no real reason why, except age. We have been trying for about 7 years or longer (can't keep track). I took a year off after my last miscarriage (I have had two, one last year and one in 2011) as I was starting to find it too hard. However, I have two frozen eggs left. I am going to be super courageous and have a frozen cycle in October. After that I am going to try donor eggs (my sister).

I had the protocol for killer cells last time so I will be doing that again. I find that the problem I have with this IVF business is that I get so darn emotional about it that my brain fogs up and I just can't logically process information on this topic, which doesn't make it any easier! lol! Any advice on the best way to go about a frozen cycle would be great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely ladies, while I regularly read the forum I am not so good about updating. The recent roll call prompted me to respond as well as the discussion about older women falling pregnant.

So a quick update, I am currently 31 weeks with a baby girl and I just turned 43!!! I never had any problem producing eggs but quality was an issue. I think the things that worked for us were - genetic testing of the embryos (only 1 out of 9 embryos was good), the uterine scratch the month before transfer, taking prednisolone, clexane and low dose aspirin the month before transfer and up to 7 weeks after.

As long as you have good health, pregnancy is not an issue as we age - the quality of our eggs is the problem - they have been around since we conceived and the numbers of good eggs are therefore much lower.

Wishing baby dust to all!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Liveandlearn For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (11-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beckymae... welcome. Go back and have a look at the roll call on page #30, as this gives a good idea of how us over 40s are going. Other than that, an AMH of 19 is amazing.

LiveandLearn... congratulations - you are almost there. You give me such hope that it may just work for me one day, now that we're not using my old eggs.

Wanabemum.... I'm now using my sister's donor eggs (her AMH at 39.3 was 11), we got four 5day embryos with her, but unfortunately the first two were unsuccessful, (one fresh and one FET) so two more FETS with her embryos, before we go to South Africa for younger eggs. FETs are a piece of cake compared to full stims. My periods come regularly so I'm only doing natural FETs, though some women do have medicated FETs. I so know what you mean about being emotional - I have absolutely sobbed my way through the past three years, though I have definitely not cried half as much in the past 6 months, as I'm definitely getting tougher, more resiliant or something. Mind you I have had three total breakdowns - curled up in a ball, hysterically sobbing on the floor - once at work (when they changed a class on me!!), and two at home (once when DH didn't close the windows and the wind blew some of my papers off the table!! and the second time when a course I was meant to be running was cancelled!!) All occasions didn't warrant me having a breakdown, but each time it was the case of "straw that broke the camel's back".

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

beckymae  (11-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! So nice to hear from so many newbies and returners. Thanks for sharing your positive news liveandlearn. I have heard lots of stories of success and hope our group can add to the numbers.