Closed Thread
Page 32 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi petal, Faithandhope. I am currently on both gonal (300) and menopur (150). Have tried this combination previously and managed 11 follies, 8 eggs collected and only 1 made it to fertilisation. I normally have 3 day transfers. Egg Numbers are good but quality is poor. Also taking growth hormone injections this cycle to help with egg quality. Hoping to get some to freeze this cycle. Haven't been able to for last 3 cycles. Good luck all :0)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sophdask For This Useful Post:

Petal40  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the lovely wishes faith, bertie and biscotti it seems to have paid off! One of my eggs fertilised and is apparently a very good quality that we will transfer on Monday at 3 days.

Petal on my first cycle I was on 900 (yes!! 900) of gonal and I had a shocking result. Only 1 egg of very poor quality that did not fertilise.
    Second cycle I was on 450 gonal but had Luveris added as it improves egg quality and occasionally numbers also. With that cycle I had 16 eggs/6 fertilised/2 transferred and no frozen.
    My current and third cycle I had 600 gonal in the first week and only had 2 follies so my FS added luveris for my second week and I increased to 12 follies that only produced 2 eggs. One of these has fertilised nicely and 50% is a better fertilisation rate for me. I wonder if these may have been the original follies from the first week of stimming and that the others were too immature. So in summary (IMO) I do not think that increased doses of gonal change your outcome. Personally I feel that the Luveris is what has improved my egg quality.

Good luck!

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Fudge09; 09-08-2014 at 20:00.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fudge09 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (10-08-2014),faithandhopellove  (09-08-2014),Petal40  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awesome Fudge. I'm sending lots of sticky baby vibes your way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Petal.... I used Menopur on a couple of my cycles (made from the urine from a group of nuns in Europe! True!) It is meant to be good for older women. I'm definitely a believer in doing day 5 ET if you have a number of embryos, as so many embryos arrest between days 3-5, due to inherrent problems, so it's a good way to weed out those that wouldn't make it in the body.

Faith.... good levels of Vitamin D are important, I don't know what for exactly. Did yours test low?

Fudge... good luck with your ET on Monday xx

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (12-08-2014),Fudge09  (10-08-2014),Petal40  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the helpful info Faithandhope, Soph, Fudge & Bertie
    I am only on 300 Menopur, in my last cycle I was on 600 Gonal F. I'm nervous about the amount of eggs (first scan on Tuesday), and about getting an egg to day 5. I have low numbers, but egg quality is ok, just won't stick.
    Faith...I have read that about vitamin D too, and take a supplement daily.
    Fudge...best of luck for Monday

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

Fudge09  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Article in the Daily Telegraph today, where, amongst other things, my FS, Prof I, was quoted as saying, "it is very, very rare for someone who has never had a pregnancy to do as many as 10 [cycles],” he said. “If I think all hope is gone, I will tell them.”

Excellent, then I'm "very rare" :-)) but presuming not all hope is gone, as he hasn't said that to me. I go for my endo scratch this coming Friday, so may just mention that I'd read about him in the paper, and see what he says :-))

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went looking for the article Bertie mentioned and found this one instead.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/wom...hed-at-40.html

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

Fudge09  (10-08-2014),MGC Bertie  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fantastic fudge good luck for tomorrow :0)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sophdask For This Useful Post:

Fudge09  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for tomorrow @Fudge09
    Sprinkling baby dust at you for great results on your way to babyland x✨✨✨👶✨✨✨✨✨

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Biscotti71 For This Useful Post:

Fudge09  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for the well wishes. I am so excited it feels like the night before Christmas!

Bertie seriously you are a legend. To go through the emotional roller coaster of cycles so many times and still be so positive is inspirational. Like Mary Coustas said nothing good ever comes from giving up. This has become my mantra lol. I would be asking your FS about the article too out of curiosity...

Faith that article makes my blood boil. When I had my EPU on Friday there was a lovely girl of 27 years old in tears because she had only had 3 eggs. She had not long before learned (by accident) that she had a very low and fast diminishing amh and was collecting eggs for future children. If she had not discovered at such a young age and been able to take steps to have her eggs collected she may have been one of those people who read this article believing she still had ask the time in the world. Ps I told the girl to have no regrets and to again and again until she was satisfied with her numbers. My heart broke for her while she was crying her heart out. I think I will always remember her as an example of never knowing what life will throw at you.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app