Closed Thread
Page 31 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Faith, I've been on DHEA. If it helps I had very few side effects except my skin looked fabulous (I mean my skin was glowing like a 16 year olds) & that I got & still have a ridiculously itchy scalp. Never had it before the DHEA & it's a stubborn side effect that is only just getting better now I've been off it over 2 months. My FS was very blah about it; it can't hurt, but prob won't help either kind of attitude. For us it didn't work, I got 5 eggs, 4 of which were dodgy & one that looked good but failed to fert. I'm a big believer that any things worth a try though. Hope that helps, any other questions just ask xx

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ertgirl For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (08-08-2014),Fudge09  (08-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'll be using dhea for my next cycle. Am on it now in preparation. I have dry skin, itchy scalp and pimples! Also, make sure to take them at different times (ie don't take two together) I forgot and had an upset stomach for 3 weeks till I realised what I was doing!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (08-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just dropping by to say I had my EPU this morning and out of12 follicles only managed to produce 2 eggs. Not holding much hope as I have very poor quality and fertilisation but fingers crossed I have something for transfer.

Bertie ... wow your research is amazing!
    Hoping it pays off for you with your next FET. Will be cheering you on.

I am very interested in the conversation about DHEA. Could you ladies who are using it or have used it please explain what it is and how I it works? Have you found a difference in your egg quality/numbers? I have never had it suggested to me and don't know much about it.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Fudge09; 08-08-2014 at 13:03.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fudge09 For This Useful Post:

ertgirl  (08-08-2014),faithandhopellove  (08-08-2014),MGC Bertie  (08-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefs what dose of dhea are you on? I've been on 50mg for about 10 days now and no side effects so far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've used DHEA for a few cycles. I use it for about 6 to 8 weeks in total. I stop at the start of stimming. I'm taking 50mg in one tablet form. I took another 50gm every second say for two weeks. Is this the same for the ladies that use it? I start to get pimples or it may coincide with my AF. My scalp has only been itchy this last cycle. Other than that it seems to be ok with me. I think it helps with quality of eggs not quantity. So I've been taking coq10 aswell. I'm taking that up to epu

had my u/s today. Only found three follicles. I was kinda happy with that as the FS I'm close to premenopausal and should be looking at DE soon
    Can't wait for Monday u/s. Hopefully more can sneak in

hugs to u all
    xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Precious40 For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (08-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fudge.... well, let's hope there's a golden egg in those two eggs. There's quite a few women who have luck, so it just might be you :-) Party in the petri dish tonight.

Precious.... the thing with the follicles, is that sometimes they can be hiding, and sometimes women get more on EPU then they expect. You'll probably get a better indication on the next u/s. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Faith, fudge, soph, precious Fx! ✨✨
    (I'm not sure but I think I will be blaming the Synarel for turning me into a forgetful Fred!!)
    ....now I can't remember what else I wanted to say...
    Hi to all reading along and Sorry if I missed anyone x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear your follie numbers were down fudge. I am a firm believer in the quality over quantity idea though. I think our bodies pick the best potential eggs to develop and getting high numbers on the stim drugs just means there are a lot of duds in amongst them. As Bertie said these 2 maybe the golden eggs.
    Last edited by faithandhopellove; 09-08-2014 at 11:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, just wanted to ask what stimm drugs everyone has tried & what they think of them? I've just started my third cycle with a new FS, and am using menopur for the first time, at a much lower dose. First 2 cycles were gonal f at increasing doses, but even on highest dose only got 6 follies, 4 eggs, 2 fertilised. My new FS thinks that there's no use using such high doses as I wasn't getting any more eggs anyway, and thought the menopur might work better. He also does a 5 day transfer where as we have always done a 3 day. Needless to say, I'm a bit nervous about getting any eggs, and will be crossing everything to get one to day 5. I would love you to share your experiences

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Petal. I have only had Gonal F for my 3 cycles. First one started at 275 then uped to 300 after a week. The next 2 I stayed on 300. My FS would not do any higher doses as he thought they didn't work any better. I am keen to find out what others have been on and if they responded faster. My numbers are good but the follies have been slow to grow in the past leading to 1 cycle where my hormone levels went haywire after being supressed too long and on my others AF showed up 3 days before my blood test was due. Feel like I needed to have EPU earlier.
    Good luck with your cycle.

By the way ladies anybody heard anything about vit D to increase egg numbers? I have lost track of all the research articles I have read but I remember one of them mentioning this.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

Petal40  (10-08-2014)