Closed Thread
Page 3 of 102 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Twinkley & @bluewombat
    Twinkley - I've got Synarel waiting for me for my next cycle. New drug for me. I hope it doesn't give us headaches! There's already enough going on in my head because of this IVF rollercoaster caper.
    Bluewombat - I admire you doing this thing as a single lady and hope you are successful, 40 is the new 30!! Acupuncture is proven to be helpful with us IVFers and Monash gave me a brochure about it with a group called BUMP. Maybe ring them to ask if they are in your area or can recommend someone? I know how it feels to have a cancelled cycle too - that was my first cycle outcome. (Sigh) hopefully this next one will get things moving and shaking with Synarel, puregon, luveris, ovidrel. @GnH & @faithandhopellove
    how awesome of your eggies to be growing so fantastically! Weeee!
    I have fx for you both. @Chiefsgirl - great improved numbers and my FS has said there are better success rates for frozens - so that's very exciting for you and your babysicles! Yay ladies! (Funny how you can get excited for people you've never met) @Kelly70 - hope you're well on this cycle and fx this is the one!
    Hi to all you other lovelies on here 😃
    Last edited by Biscotti71; 16-06-2014 at 23:05.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Biscotti71 For This Useful Post:

bluewombat  (17-06-2014),MGC Bertie  (16-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bluewombat look into donor embryos with California conceptions. 3 tries with perfect blasts and a pregnancy or your $ back. I think it's around 12k. Other than that the girls seem to be having reasonable success in South Africa. Good luck Hun x

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

bluewombat  (17-06-2014),faithandhopellove  (17-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Biscotti71,

I'm feeling pretty damned good on the mega dose I must say.. I'm only on day 2 but so far so good, slight headache that's about it. I have my scan Thursday morning - so hoping I have more than 2 follies this time!! Go mega dose!! Sounds like a freaking super hero.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (17-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone for your feedback. Feeling like I can soldier on again. I'm glad I've connected to this site and the chance to share with others on similar journeys

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bluewombat For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (17-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bluewombat.... mmmmm, I wouldn't be going for the "once a month" option - you really need to go with your natural cycle, and have it fit into your cycle, not theirs. What's the difference in distance? Though I live in Sydney, I'm sure I've travelled around the world and back in kilometres travelled just for IVF. I tried 8 cycles with my OEs, mostly getting something to transfer, but nothing even remotely making a start. Finally moved onto my sister's DEs, and even that first one didn't take. We have three frosties of hers to try, but others have said they did that too, and not until they went and got super young (in the 20s) eggs did they have success. I'm still a little hopeful one of my sister's might take, but planning to go to SA is definitely on the cards.

AFM.... After two years of my FS saying he doesn't believe in Natural Killer Cells (and me going behind his back to Dr M anyhow!), my FS says today, "We should test you for Natural Killer Cells". I could have fallen off my seat, but just smiled inside! So as I was having a Day 21 endometrial scratch anyhow, he did it there and then. I know that it's not the full NKC biopsy that Dr M does and sends off overseas, but it's certainly a start, especially since I've not been able to have the full one done with Dr M due to timings of IVF cycles in the past 6 months since I've been seeing him.

I asked my FS some my questions - he will continue with aspiring and clexane, but wouldn't agree to Prednisolone (which I've been taken for the previous 3 cycles anyhow) as he says it can cause cleft palate. I hadn't heard that before, but thought it strange since on my last cycle one of my nurses actually commented about Prednisolone, so obviously some doctors at that clinic are prescribing it, but obviously not mine. When I mentioned Dexamethasane, I thought he was going to have a fit, so that was a "no" from him. Then I mentioned Feldene (Piroxicam) which is meant to stop the uterus contracting during ET, but he'd never heard of it. He looked it up right there and then, but the first study he found (one from 2009) said it didn't work, so a "no" for that too. I kind of gave up at that point, as was planning to ask about Augementin, Doxycycline and Nuprogen, but I think I'll just leave all those, plus the "no's" for Dr M next week, whom I'm likely to get a less biased opinion.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

bluewombat  (18-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie, glad to hear your FS is finally starting to sit up and take notice, and to test you for things!

GnH and faith, glad to hear your little ones are growing and dividing still

Kelly, glad to hear you feel good on the increased dose - also hoping it translates to your ovaries feeling good too

Twinkley, best wishes for your cycle

Biscotti, to you for your cycle too, hope the synarel doesn't knock you round too much

Bluewombat, hello and welcome! I'm sorry to hear you've had such a tough journey to date. A second opinion doesn't hurt, hope the Melbourne girls can recommend some FSs.

Em, Chiefsgirl Butterfly MrsErinR and anyone else reading along

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (17-06-2014),bluewombat  (18-06-2014),Butterfly39  (18-06-2014),faithandhopellove  (17-06-2014),Kelly70  (18-06-2014),MGC Bertie  (17-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Good news to share...it's a BFP for us!

I've been holding onto this news for a few days now as I tested so early and I've been worried it would all go pear-shaped, but the tests have gotten darker so I've decided to put it out there now and whatever happens happens I guess. We are cautiously optimistic at the moment. Our beta is not until Friday.

Thanks for your support to me through this :-). It means a lot.

I'll be back for personals later. It's been busy here! Lots of people to respond to.

Xx

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (18-06-2014),ertgirl  (18-06-2014),faithandhopellove  (17-06-2014),MGC Bertie  (17-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsErinR View Post
    Hi everyone

Good news to share...it's a BFP for us!

I've been holding onto this news for a few days now as I tested so early and I've been worried it would all go pear-shaped, but the tests have gotten darker so I've decided to put it out there now and whatever happens happens I guess. We are cautiously optimistic at the moment. Our beta is not until Friday.

Thanks for your support to me through this :-). It means a lot.

I'll be back for personals later. It's been busy here! Lots of people to respond to.

Xx
    Woohoo!!!! Very exciting news! That's awesome and hope your beta is rapidly rising xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Subbing

Sent from my GT-P5110

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ms Erin - congrats! Absolutely brilliant news xxx

Emski - I see from your ticker you are Team Pink! Wonderful, you must be thrilled