Closed Thread
Page 29 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Biscotti... pardon my ignorance but what is an OPK "assisted" cycle? Is that a bit like an IUI?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (31-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MGC Bertie - sorry but I seem to have completely made up my own language there!... I sound a bit bonkers.

We were waiting for our FS appointment and AF showed up. DH did some quick maths and he went and bought an ovulation predictor kit (OPK). For me.
    So when the smiley face (indicating LH surge) appeared on the electronic indicator stick, we had some loving. Lol. Hoping to catch an eggie on that cycle. My kooky shorthand description is a bit vague I'll admit - OPK assisted cycle... but damn it, how crazy if it works!!!! I'm getting a bit long in the tooth and a poor responder so we are giving it a go where we can. We don't want to look back with any "if onlys". xox
    (7dpo as of today)
    Last edited by Biscotti71; 31-07-2014 at 21:13.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Biscotti71 For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (02-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey lovelies just popping in to say hi & cheer everyone on. Thanks for the rollcall Bertie & so sorry hun that this last cycle wasn't your one... Xx

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ertgirl For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (08-08-2014),MGC Bertie  (02-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Biscotti.... lol!! basically DTD!!! Totally makes sense now :-)) My DH (who has no sperm) is always saying, let's just pretend to make a baby :-)) Bless him. My Mum on the other hand, has taken to recently, on a couple of occasions, saying to me that I should just go down to the cafeteria at the local uni and ask someone for their sperm and use this inbetween our IVF cycles, just in case we're lucky. When I said to her, "Mum, you can't just go and ask some random uni student for his sperm", she said, well, if I won't go, then she will!! Oh gosh, it's not just as easy as that!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (02-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Biscotti.... lol!! basically DTD!!! Totally makes sense now :-)) My DH (who has no sperm) is always saying, let's just pretend to make a baby :-)) Bless him. My Mum on the other hand, has taken to recently, on a couple of occasions, saying to me that I should just go down to the cafeteria at the local uni and ask someone for their sperm and use this inbetween our IVF cycles, just in case we're lucky. When I said to her, "Mum, you can't just go and ask some random uni student for his sperm", she said, well, if I won't go, then she will!! Oh gosh, it's not just as easy as that!!!
    Yeah, just pop it in the freezer!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (02-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Lol. I'm cracking right up now MGC Bertie.
    Should've only written "sex"!
    And your Mum...I really laughed out loud at that story - only because she is so cute and I imagined her popping into Melbourne Uni - and propositioning some young bloke about to devour his lunch.... Pure Gold!
    And your DH...OMG adorable! It's good to know he's willing to exercise his creative side.(!!??) And in a small way my heart broke for him - male infertility must be really, really challenging. I hope he has a good forum or something like to vent to. (Do men have that sort of thing I wonder?..)
    AFM - got the sorest boobies at the moment and really thirsty. Of course I can dream a little dream about this meaning I'm duffy or continue to wait out the next few days (which will complete the 14 days of luteal phase)
    We IVFers know what happens then right?
    Are you gearing up for your next FET?
    Fx for you xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Biscotti71 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (02-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol, Bertie. Mum's are gold. I have to admit though that I have told no-one in my family about the IVF. I didn't want the pressure of people asking every cycle if it worked or not. I would feel like I was dissapointing them too when the BFN comes my way.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (02-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Biscotti.... as to DH's support, I've told him he can get on here on Bubhub as there are some men on here, but it's not his cup-of-tea, so instead I read and retell everything to him so we have lots (and lots!!) of discussions about Bubhub topics. I go to see my FS this coming Tuesday, so should have a plan for the next FET then (which I'm sure won't include random uni student sperm!!)

Faith..... I had to tell my parents, as it involves such a lot of tests, days off etc which I just wouldn't be able to cover up. I'm glad I did tell them, as it's good support. My brother and sister also know (obviously, since now she's donated eggs to me). DH's parents also know, but we don't really talk about the ins and outs. And one of DH's cousins also knows, as she's the only one who asked us outright about doing IVF, and I'd always said that if anyone asks outright we wouldn't lie. So far, in three years, she's the only person who's asked outright. One friend asked a round-about question, so likely she'll get there eventually (and once she knows, then the whole world will know!!) Lol.
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 03-08-2014 at 17:57.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (03-08-2014),faithandhopellove  (03-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    I hope you don't mind me joining your thread.
    I have been reading off and on for the last few months and find your stories inspirational.

I am currently stimming in my 3rd ivf/icsi cycle and seem to be an example of Murphys law regarding anything that can go wrong!

First cycle only one egg that didn't fertilise. Second cycle had 16 eggs/6 fertilise/2 transferred bfn no frosties. I then had an infected follicle, suspected ovarian torsion and severe bladder inflammation which had me hospilised twice. Third and current cycle I have had to have emergency dental surgery under GA in my first two days of stimming and first scan shows only a couple of immature follicles. Fingers crossed second scan is better!

Reading your stories had made me realise just how tough ivf women are and on my lowest days it is women like yourselves that have kept me feeling positive.

I am 40, DH 43 I have poor egg quality and DH has had a vasectomy. On the plus side my AMH is 23.... Just no quality in those eggs!

I look forward to getting to know you all better and sharing your journeys.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fudge09 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (03-08-2014),faithandhopellove  (03-08-2014),MGC Bertie  (03-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like you are due for some good luck Fudge. Fx for this cycle for you. I have found the scans at early stage of stimulation to be deceptive. On all of our cycles we were told numbers were low only to get good news on later scans. I hope that rings true for you.
    It seems we now have a number of people coming up for EPU this month. Good luck to all.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (08-08-2014)